Suns @ Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Suns @ Warriors

Sorry I was unable to do a preview, again. I have a bball game tonight or else I would have been going to this game with my friends. Lets post all of our pregame thoughts and predictions here.

The Warriors have to win this one, no doubt. It is the final game of the first half of the season and it is a game the Warriors should/need to win.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Easy win if the warriors control the rebounds, control the tempo of the game, and contest perimeter shots. Also the warriors need to be ready on transition defense because Phoenix is a small ball club that primarily looks to run for fast breaks. Watch for Jacobsen, Johnson or the Matrix or anyone of their point guards to launch from downtown. They'll also try to beat their man down the lane to collapse the zone and get a man open on the perimeter. Phoenix cannot rebound as well as the Warriors and they lack shotblocking (unless Amare goes off with 10 blocks again, but he is not in the best shape) so I expect the warriors scoring to go up dramatically. I also expect Speedy to get to the foul line a lot as long as the Refs are being honest and calling it consistently for both sides. I'm assuming, Musselman/Sterner will match the Phoenix offense late in the game by going smaller, blowing the game and costing them their jobs at the end of the season.

Phoenix will win this one on the account of idiot coaching tactics and the fact the warriors suck on back-to-back. Don't forget I predicted (but was unsure in the 4th) that the warriors would win yesterday on the road so I could be right tonight about this loss.

The warriors should win this one, but I don't agree on Musselman/Sterner matchups late in the game. They had better keep Dunleavy and Dampier in this one because the warriors need rebounding and none of Calbert Cheaney's predictable fake a 3 shoot a baseline jumper crap. Oh well I won't complain if he makes it, but damn it I will if he misses.

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Easy win if the warriors control the rebounds and contest perimeter shots. Also the warriors need to be ready on transition defense because Phoenix is a small ball club that primarily looks to run for fast breaks. Watch for Jacobsen or the Matrix or anyone of their point guards to launch from downtown. They'll also try to beat their man down the lane to collapse the zone and get a man open on the perimeter. Phoenix cannot rebound as well as the Warriors and they lack shotblocking so I expect the warriors scoring to go up dramatically. I also expect Speedy to get to the foul line a lot as long as the Refs are being honest and calling it consistently for both sides. I'm assuming, Musselman/Sterner will match the Phoenix offense late in the game by going smaller, blowing the game and costing them their jobs at the end of the season.

Phoenix will win this one on the account of idiot coaching tactics and the fact the warriors suck on back-to-back. Don't forget I predicted (but was unsure in the 4th) that the warriors would win yesterday on the road so I could be right tonight about this loss.

The warriors should win this one, but I don't agree on Musselman/Sterner matchups late in the game. They had better keep Dunleavy and Dampier in this one because the warriors need rebounding and none of Calbert Cheaney's predictable fake a 3 shoot a baseline jumper crap. Oh well I won't complain if he makes it, but damn it I will if he misses.</div>

I expect the Warriors to win by AT LEAST 10-15 tonight. I also expect to see the custodian in the game during the 4th quarter. I think Mussleman's faith in Cardinal will increase like it has for Speedy.

4. Custodianrules2

Let's hope I'm wrong about the Warriors losing.

Oh yeah and always put the Custodian in the game whenever you can because he makes everyone better. He saves your ass if you miss a shot, and can keep any defense honest + get to the free throw line by taking the ball closer to the rim. Plus he'll do an occasional block or steal once in a while.

5. Custodianrules2

Brian Cardinal got 23 points in the first half. Nice toughness especially after amare was hitting him in the face a couple times. Also I'm feeling good about Jrich winning a third dunk contest. He had some nasty ones for the weekly highlights.

6. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Suns @ Warriors

Sorry I was unable to do a preview, again. I have a bball game tonight or else I would have been going to this game with my friends.</div>

LOL, funny, I was also supposed to go to this game, but I gave them to my bro for his birthday, Suns are boring especially without Marbury, and I got hooked up for some Laker tickets on the 18th!

Brian Cardinal the hero for 2 nights in a row. Warriors are looking great tonight, he has lit the Suns up for 27 so far tonight, I'm feeling pretty comfortable about this 91-79 lead with 8 minutes to go. :mrgreen:

7. Custodianrules2

awww man Cardinal F#$#ked up the dunk. Reminds me of Woody Harrelson from that one movie. Oh well doesn't matter. Cardinal ONLY has 30 points.

8. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL, funny, I was also supposed to go to this game, but I gave them to my bro for his birthday, Suns are boring especially without Marbury, and I got hooked up for some Laker tickets on the 18th!

Brian Cardinal the hero for 2 nights in a row. Warriors are looking great tonight, he has lit the Suns up for 27 so far tonight, I'm feeling pretty comfortable about this 91-79 lead with 8 minutes to go. :mrgreen:</div>

Woah don't get confident there's still 6 minutes left and the lead is only at 15

9. Custodianrules2

Sigh the suns cut it to single digits at one point at the 5 min mark. Musselman should have put in Foyle! Musselman I swear is just so small ball when it comes to coaching. There's no rebounding, no shotblocking, and cliff is not a center! There's no toughman in the middle to protect the paint!

Good thing the Warriors won or it would have been part 2 of the Raptors game.

10. Rudeezy

Good to see the Warriors come out with another W. Its a good way to end the first half even if it was ugly. Is Cardinal the man or what? Did he start this game too? Dunleavy who?haha...jk

Just brings to this to mind again...why the hell was Cardinal on the bench during the 2 point quarter?

Box Score

Whats up with Dunleavy only playing 12 minutes and not getting up one shot? Is his ankle still hurt?

11. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Yep, they won this one. But it seems like their will never be a comfortable win for the Warriors anymore. Everything is a scare when it gets into the 4th quarter. NVE, you can keep waiting, stay injured. Speed Claxton with 19 points and dishing out 13 dimes, with 7 steals!! Him and Cardinal were the stars of tonights game.

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Good to see the Warriors come out with another W. Its a good way to end the first half even if it was ugly. Is Cardinal the man or what? Did he start this game too? Dunleavy who?haha...jk

Just brings to this to mind again...why the hell was Cardinal on the bench during the 2 point quarter?

Box Score

Whats up with Dunleavy only playing 12 minutes and not getting up one shot? Is his ankle still hurt?</div>

Yup Dunleavy is still hurt. Cardinal is the man and that's why he's my favorite warriors player. And Cardinal was on the bench during the 2 point quarter because Musselman thinks Cliff Robinson is the glue on the warriors team and not Cardinal. Well Robinson is the glue when cardinal is not in the game. So you have to put one or the other in but not both.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Yep, they won this one. But it seems like their will never be a comfortable win for the Warriors anymore. Everything is a scare when it gets into the 4th quarter. NVE, you can keep waiting, stay injured. Speed Claxton with 19 points and dishing out 13 dimes, with 7 steals!! Him and Cardinal were the stars of tonights game.</div>

Forgot to give props to Speedy. Props. Oh and blame that nervousness on the coach. He always takes out the big men in the 4th. Dumb move. I would have subbed in Foyle, Cardinal, Dunleavy, Richardson, and claxton. Or forget what I said about not having cardinal and robinson on the same floor. They can both be on the same floor as long as they have a true center to patrol the paint and rebound. Cliff is not a banger nor a rebounder!

14. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Yep, they won this one. But it seems like their will never be a comfortable win for the Warriors anymore. Everything is a scare when it gets into the 4th quarter. NVE, you can keep waiting, stay injured. Speed Claxton with 19 points and dishing out 13 dimes, with 7 steals!! Him and Cardinal were the stars of tonights game.</div>Yes, I think it is safe to say that Speedy has secured his starting position. It would be unfair if NVE got the starting role when he comes back. He hasn't done **** to deserve it.

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Yup Dunleavy is still hurt. Cardinal is the man and that's why he's my favorite warriors player. And Cardinal was on the bench during the 2 point quarter because Musselman thinks Cliff Robinson is the glue on the warriors team and not Cardinal. Well Robinson is the glue when cardinal is not in the game. So you have to put one or the other in but not both.</div>I don't see why both can't play at the same time. They both elevate this team, Cliff with his D and Cardinal with his hustle plays. You need to have the best guys on the court at the end of the ball game. I would like to see Claxton, J-Rich, Cardinal, Robinson, and Dampier in the game in the clutch. Thats a pretty damn good line up.

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see why both can't play at the same time. They both elevate this team, Cliff with his D and Cardinal with his hustle plays. You need to have the best guys on the court at the end of the ball game. I would like to see Claxton, J-Rich, Cardinal, Robinson, and Dampier in the game in the clutch. Thats a pretty damn good line up.</div>

Damp picks up too many stupid fouls to be used in the 4th (he had 5 going in to the final 2). I would go with Foyle, Cardinal, (Robinson/Dunleavy), J-Rich, Claxton. So negate my comment about not having robinson and cardinal on the same floor. Also make sure foyle doesn't get the ball if they're trying to intentional foul.

17. Custodianrules2

The reason I said the comment about Robinson and Cardinal not being on the same floor because I'm assuming that Robinson would be the center and Cardinal would be the power forward. I hate that rotation. Especially since there's no rebounding or shotblocking. They need to have a real center rotating in. And I guess I have no basis to judge who is the glue guy or isn't. I just figured that you should have one guy that makes everyone better on the court and everyone feeds off of him. Robinson and Cardinal have that effect except I think Cardinal will do it more with his energy and consistency. I can't remember that one lineup that just dominated but it was something like Eric Dampier, Cardinal, Dunleavy, Jrich, Claxton. Talk about offensive rebounds and defensive rebounding. Plus 3-point range and penetration! They are not bad with defense either.

18. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I did not watch the game, but it looks like my prediction was pretty much true?

Win by 10-15
    Keep Cardinal in the game and watch Mussleman grow confident in him like he has with Speedy.

I would not mind this starting line up at all.

Speedy (he has turned into a solid FA signing and NVE is better suited to be a closer at this point in his career)
    Richardson (keep improving young man)
    Cardinal (Dunleavy who? Maybe next year son)
    Robinson (Cant shoot when he is focusing on defense, but that is what Cardinal is for)
    Damp (Keep playing like an All Star, but I wont forgive your years of uninspired play until you keep playing like this after you get another big contract)

19. Custodianrules2

I'm glad you were right about the win. I was almost right in that 4th quarter when the lead was cut to 8 with plenty of time. Had it not been the suns they might have come back to win.

20. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Speedy (he has turned into a solid FA signing and NVE is better suited to be a closer at this point in his career)
    Richardson (keep improving young man)
    Cardinal (Dunleavy who? Maybe next year son)
    Robinson (Cant shoot when he is focusing on defense, but that is what Cardinal is for)
    Damp (Keep playing like an All Star, but I wont forgive your years of uninspired play until you keep playing like this after you get another big contract)</div>Yup, we agree on the line-up. I like how you are critical of Dampier but lets give him a little credit...he has been hurt and he works his ass off in the off season. I do think that this being his contract year had a little to do with the type of season he is having though.