Super bowl hangover

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Bearsfan1, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

is obviously in effect, i doubt this team is going to make playoffs at this point.

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Are you kidding me? They were saying that last year too. [​IMG]

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Pitt lost last yr to Cincy @ home to go 7-5 and put them in danger of missing the playoffs and we all know how that turned out.

It appears & pains me to say that (this season) the Steelers play better w/ Batch @ the helm.

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It appears & pains me to say that (this season) the Steelers play better w/ Batch @ the helm.</div>
    Ben should not be playing right now. Most people take 3 or 4 weeks to recover from an appendectomy. The fact that he's playing is admirable from an "iron man" perspective, but he's hurting the team. Just like McNabb did when he played hurt last year.

5. Steelerfan_2005

Ben didn't play his best game, but back to back turnovers, one inside our own 10 and the other on our own 30 really didn't help our cause. There were lots of catchable balls dropped as well.

The Steelers need to just pull it together. They look very disjunctured.

FYI, the Bengals are overrated. They won't get far this year either.

6. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, the Bengals are overrated. They won't get far this year either.</div>
    well from what I've seen so far I fully expect the Pats to get blown out next week. [​IMG]

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, the Bengals are overrated. They won't get far this year either.</div>
    well from what I've seen so far I fully expect the Pats to get blown out next week. [​IMG]</div>
    The season is far from over. Right now, the 4 best teams are; Seattle, Indy, Chicago, & the Bengals.

8. bakes781

Don't get me wrong. I'm not writing the Pats off for the season, but right now they're just not insync offensively like they should be. And faced with that highpowered offense I would not want to be BB this week.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I'm curious to see what Baltimore's D does to the Steelers and Ben. It might not be pretty. I'm with BF1. I don't know if Pittsburgh can make the playoffs. They lost some key guys and it shows and I'm not sure Ben Roelisberger gets back to his normal self as fast as the Steelers need him to. I think this team needed the bye week more than any team in football right now and they should just go from there with Ben. If he needs more time, don't rush him back.

10. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>is obviously in effect, i doubt this team is going to make playoffs at this point.</div>
    After week 3 we can say that? Sorry - I'm not drinking that water.

The Steelers have a great coach and a proven QB. He is playing poorly right now (maybe he shouldn't be playing?) but is a proven player. Give this team a few weeks and then decide if they are going to miss the playoffs.

11. bakes781

The odds are certainly stacked against them with Baltimore on the rise.

12. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>is obviously in effect, i doubt this team is going to make playoffs at this point.</div>
    After week 3 we can say that? Sorry - I'm not drinking that water.

The Steelers have a great coach and a proven QB. He is playing poorly right now (maybe he shouldn't be playing?) but is a proven player. Give this team a few weeks and then decide if they are going to miss the playoffs.</div>
    What would be the fun in that [​IMG] I have precedent, eyewitnesses, and a turnover list a mile long that all say steelers just miss playoffs.

13. Steelerfan_2005

The Ravens barely beat the Browns this week. If Stover misses that 51 yarder, are we talking about the Ravens falling apart?

It will be interesting to see what happens this week if Chicago drops one at home to Seattle.....

14. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Ravens barely beat the Browns this week. If Stover misses that 51 yarder, are we talking about the Ravens falling apart?</div>
    No because they aren't coming off a SB victory season.

15. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, the Bengals are overrated. They won't get far this year either.</div>
    Bengals overrated? People have been gushing about how they're gonna fall off because of their legal troubles all off season, and have put Baltimore and Pittsburgh in front of them in just about every article iv'e read, to say their overrated is rediculous, if anything the Ravens and Steelers are overrated.

16. bengals_girl

bengals_girl nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bengals overrated? People have been gushing about how they're gonna fall off because of their legal troubles all off season, and have put Baltimore and Pittsburgh in front of them in just about every article iv'e read, to say their overrated is rediculous, if anything the Ravens and Steelers are overrated.</div>
    I think I like you [​IMG]

17. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bengals_girl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bengals overrated? People have been gushing about how they're gonna fall off because of their legal troubles all off season, and have put Baltimore and Pittsburgh in front of them in just about every article iv'e read, to say their overrated is rediculous, if anything the Ravens and Steelers are overrated.</div>
    I think I like you [​IMG]</div>
    lucky! she shows off her mellons at the right price [​IMG] lol jk!

18. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>is obviously in effect, i doubt this team is going to make playoffs at this point.</div>
    Still sore about the loss to them last year?

19. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, the Bengals are overrated. They won't get far this year either.</div>
    well from what I've seen so far I fully expect the Pats to get blown out next week. [​IMG]</div>
    Ditto. I've got a $100 bet with a friend that the Pats lose by at least 20 points. He thinks that they'll do like they always seem to do and bounce back big time after a miserable loss. Me thinks he's DEAD wrong, as dead as the Pats are against Denver. I want to be optimistic, I really do, but that was scary sad last Sunday against the Broncos. I've never seen such a piss poor attitude from the Pats before.

20. bengals_girl

bengals_girl nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bengals_girl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bengals overrated? People have been gushing about how they're gonna fall off because of their legal troubles all off season, and have put Baltimore and Pittsburgh in front of them in just about every article iv'e read, to say their overrated is rediculous, if anything the Ravens and Steelers are overrated.</div>
    I think I like you [​IMG]</div>
    lucky! she shows off her mellons at the right price [​IMG] lol jk!</div>
    rotfl.....How'd you find out about that [​IMG]