Superbowl!

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by 4THNLONGFELLOW, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Well it is now official and another 2 weeks of hearing how we won't have a chance against the Colts. I would'nt have it any other way though. Great games and we should be in for 1 more good game hopefully with the same outcome. Congrat's to Lovie and Dungy for their acomplishment and GO BEARS!!!!!!! Also did anyone hear one of the commentaters say that this would be the first game of the year of any signifigance that would be played in Miami (sorry DD). :whistle:

[​IMG]

Which way to the Superbowl, This way to the Superbowl.

2. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4THNLONGFELLOW)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well it is now official and another 2 weeks of hearing how we won't have a chance against the Colts. I would'nt have it any other way though.

.</div>
    I said it before i will say it agian its beause we get 0 respect.. and i will say this agian.. Bring it on.. Time to bring lombardi Home

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Forum Bears fans, please don't steal the Patriots' "We Get No Respect" schtick. It's only slightly more tolerable than the Patriots "you only hate us because we're so good" schtick. I respect the Bears, especially the defense. I don't respect Rex Grossman. He's far too inconsistant. I feel the Bears are winning despite him. My feeling is that this game could go either way. If Rex Grossman can muster a decent showing, then the Bears could very well win this game. The bottom line is that the quarterback position is very important and Grossman has really stunk things up on several occasions this season. He can't afford to do that in the Super Bowl. I just don't understand how a lack of respect for Grossman keeps getting translated into a lack of respect for the Bears and I don't know how to make it any clearer.

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Forum Bears fans, please don't steal the Patriots' "We Get No Respect" schtick. It's only slightly more tolerable than the Patriots "you only hate us because we're so good" schtick. I respect the Bears, especially the defense. I don't respect Rex Grossman. He's far too inconsistant. I feel the Bears are winning despite him. My feeling is that this game could go either way. If Rex Grossman can muster a decent showing, then the Bears could very well win this game. The bottom line is that the quarterback position is very important and Grossman has really stunk things up on several occasions this season. He can't afford to do that in the Super Bowl. I just don't understand how a lack of respect for Grossman keeps getting translated into a lack of respect for the Bears and I don't know how to make it any clearer.</div>
    I agree lack of respect card is stupid. However, if you dont respect grossman you dont repsect bears. Its a team. He is part of it. Not respecting him is like not respecting urlacher. They are all as one. You cant disrespect one part of a building without disrespecting the entire buildiing. Thats my opinion. Fact is, Bears have to win one more game and all the respect they desire will be thiers. I am sure someone will post something stupid if they do like "Worst super bowl champ of all time", but they will still be the champ.

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Forum Bears fans, please don't steal the Patriots' "We Get No Respect" schtick. It's only slightly more tolerable than the Patriots "you only hate us because we're so good" schtick. I respect the Bears, especially the defense. I don't respect Rex Grossman. He's far too inconsistant. I feel the Bears are winning despite him. My feeling is that this game could go either way. If Rex Grossman can muster a decent showing, then the Bears could very well win this game. The bottom line is that the quarterback position is very important and Grossman has really stunk things up on several occasions this season. He can't afford to do that in the Super Bowl. I just don't understand how a lack of respect for Grossman keeps getting translated into a lack of respect for the Bears and I don't know how to make it any clearer.</div>
    Respect is earned not given. If perceived lack of respect is what motivates some people fine... whatever rubs their Buddha.

I, too, am perplexed that the questioning of Rex's consistency (a valid complaint IMO) equals dissin' da Bears. It may have to do w/ the QB being the focal point of the team and as the QB goes so goes the perception of the team.

Chicago is a great team Defensively and on special teams. Even the running game is real good. Beef joked elsewhere about the Pats semi-goto receivers being recruited by Spurrier... I wonder does that also include QB's?

6. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'll have to disagree with the idea that disrespecting Grossman is disrespecting the Bears. His inconsistant play is the Bears glaring weak spot. If Grossman stinks it up in the Super Bowl, I'm sure that Grossman is where the Bears will be looking to upgrade. There is just no way that I can hold Rex Grossman in the same esteem that I hold Brian Urlacher. No way.

7. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll have to disagree with the idea that disrespecting Grossman is disrespecting the Bears. His inconsistant play is the Bears glaring weak spot. If Grossman stinks it up in the Super Bowl, I'm sure that Grossman is where the Bears will be looking to upgrade. There is just no way that I can hold Rex Grossman in the same esteem that I hold Brian Urlacher. No way.</div>
    You are only as stong as your weakest link and like it or don't... Rex's inconsistency is the Bears weakest link.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Listening to Gamenight late last night most fans were calling in saying the Bears would win. Even Deion Sanders seems to be leaning towards the Bears the way he talked on NFL Gameday last night as well. Bears have earned respect for making the Super Bowl and everyone is taking notice.

I think the one thing Bears fans should be worried about is not Rex Grossman but the fact that Chicago and Indy run very similar Defenses and Peyton Manning has seen a similar Defense just about everyday for the last 5 years. Can't wait though. Should be a great game.

9. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Colts vs Bears, my pick, Colts.

10. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>Colts vs Bears, my pick, Colts.</div>
    Blah, I'm picking the Bears. Anyone who doesn't want to see "all Manning, all the time" for the next decade better be going for the Bears.

11. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>Colts vs Bears, my pick, Colts.</div>
    Blah, I'm picking the Bears. Anyone who doesn't want to see "all Manning, all the time" for the next decade better be going for the Bears.</div>
    Bah! Anyone who cant stand stuck up cock Bears fans better be going for the Colts.

12. Packersfan

Packersfan nfl-*****s member

I'm gonna go with the old cliche and say a good defense beats a good offense and pick the bears.

13. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

im just goin to keep in in Conference, iv'e rooted NFC every year for the last several years so i wont break that trend now, even if it is Da bears lol.

14. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

If the Bears don't win this game, I'm going to be sick. The fact that Manning has even gotten this close to SEEING the Lombardi trophy makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

GO BEARS!

(Unless Manning gets injured in pre-game warmups, in which case GO COLTS!)

15. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

LMAO! PA made me spit out my water on my lap...

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>If the Bears don't win this game, I'm going to be sick. The fact that Manning has even gotten this close to SEEING the Lombardi trophy makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

GO BEARS!

(Unless Manning gets injured in pre-game warmups, in which case GO COLTS!)</div>
    Why do you hate Manning so much? Is it the fact that if he wins one he'll go down as the most decorated QB ever (sorry Packer and Dolphin fans he'll pass both Favre and Marino) and he'll have a ring? I'm curious I guess cause you really don't like him. [​IMG]

17. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you hate Manning so much? Is it the fact that if he wins one he'll go down as the most decorated QB ever (sorry Packer and Dolphin fans he'll pass both Favre and Marino) and he'll have a ring? I'm curious I guess cause you really don't like him.</div>
    1. I'm sick and tired of seeing him every time I turn on the TV.
    2. He's said many times that his goal is to break records. He cares about individual achievement more than team achievement and is, perhaps, the only NFL player who takes the Pro Bowl seriously.
    3. He plays on a team that spends twice as much money on offense as they do on defense every year, so is it a wonder that he's had so much success? I mean, if you put any QB behind the o-lines he's played with in his career and throw in a 1500+ yard rusher every year, how could you NOT be "the best ever?"

What can I say? I just don't like the guy.

18. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you hate Manning so much? Is it the fact that if he wins one he'll go down as the most decorated QB ever (sorry Packer and Dolphin fans he'll pass both Favre and Marino) and he'll have a ring? I'm curious I guess cause you really don't like him. [​IMG]</div>
    No worries. I think highly of Peyton & have since his days @ UT.

My 3 fave QB's are; Favre, Marino, & Peyton but probably not in that order. Hint; My no limit mastercard is on its way & I did not have to make a deal (sorry Monty I mean Bf1).

19. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

In the same regard as Rex, if Payton stinks up the joint they have the same possibility of losing as if Rex stinks up the joint. Would that make him a bad QB? :einstein:

20. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4THNLONGFELLOW)</div><div class='quotemain'>In the same regard as Rex, if Payton stinks up the joint they have the same possibility of losing as if Rex stinks up the joint. Would that make him a bad QB? :einstein:</div>
    people will say oh well peyton had a bad game..

rex does it its Rex sucks.. he is a crappy QB

Rex is young, this is his first complete season as a starter.. his First season he has had the same offense since Flordia.. Sure he had some Bad and i mean Very bad games.. But one more year and i am sure rex will be doing very well.. will he have bad games??? yes of course what QB doesn't? lets just hope 2 years from now i am still not hearing which rex will show up?? the good? or the bad?