Sure, now they win

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 13, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

PK actually didn't suck. Starting to see now what Chytil can be in a couple years. Nieves looks like he might be a constant on the 4th line. Hope they bring up Fontaine with him. I would still like a 4th line of Nieves-Fontaine-Fast

I was never a Nieves guy. However, he has started to win me over as a 4th line player.

2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

They aren't going to lose every game for the rest of the year. Chytil needs to add some weight/muscle but he looks like he can be a decent role player.
    They still are going nowhere without a truly elite forward. There is enough skill on this team that a game-changing type of player or two can elevate them to next level players. Without that top-end talent these are mediocre players with flashes of brilliance.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

At least they broke the Barclays streak and burned the Isles a little along the way. It's going to be tough to get up to #1-2 but i could see them moving all the way up to 5-6 by the end.

4. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

From your mouth to Bettman's ears.

5. kreidertime

Chytil projects as a top 6 forward. Not a role player. Remember, he's 19. Projecting to 28 points right now. I think he picks it up the second half. Finishes with 35-40 points.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yeah, See chytil also as a lot more than a role player. Kid is only 19, has size and will fill out i think in that 210-215 range. Kid has tremendous offensive skills that will be getting better and better. After this season we add an impact free agent player or 2 and are a playoff team next year. As young players mature and get better this team will become a force. Important we get an impact prospect or 2 this year that can step right in and contribute next year along with the draft picks. I think also we end up with a top 5 pick or so and its about time the lottery gods reward us with that top pick or 2 in the draft. Still burns my ass thinking god damn devils and flyers a couple of years ago with I think 13th and 14th worse records somehow ending up with picks 1 and 2. I think Boo should be left alone and center our 4th line. Has size, speed and is feisty

7. kreidertime

Agree. Chytil has big upside on offense. Finally selling me on that. Zibanejad can go. He's a lazy piece of shit on defense. I'd rather keep Hayes and Zibanejad long with a Fast or Pionk might pry Ottawa's number 1 from the Av's. It can certainly get Edmonton's number 1 and a couple of high end prospects.