Surprise: Bob Ryan thinks the C's draft sucks

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by olskoolfunktitude, Jul 3, 2006.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

and wouldnt you know it, he thinks that trading for Iverson will somehow make the celtics a 70-loss team.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">BOB RYAN
    Globe columnist
    One undersized point guard was beaten out by . . . Tony Parker? Chauncey Billups? Jason Kidd? Ah, no. Steve Blake! And he has more personal, troubling baggage than a 747. (His entourage alone will require two sections at the new Gahden). The other undersized point guard cannot shoot, and that includes free throws. His college coach is said to be throwing a party now that he's sure the kid isn't coming back. The veteran shot-blocker they got is 33 and gets hurt about every other day. The guy they officially drafted (Randy Foye) might very well be the next Joe Dumars. Poor draft? I wish. And Allen Iverson is next? Take me now, Lord. Please. Grade: F-minus.</div>

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce...s_on_draft_day/

i really wish theyd find someone new to write about the celtics. Bob Ryan obviously cant be bothered enough to pay any serious attention to what theyre doing. Wonder if he ever even read a scouting report of Rondo. Ryan's "sources" seem to indicate its an absolute shocker that Rondo ever played D-1 basketball let alone got drafted by an NBA team. Ainge on the other hand insists that Rondo is good enough to have been drafted at number 7. The truth is probably somewhere in between Bob Ryan would rather make it seem like Rondo is completey worthless just for the sake of being a drama queen. Dont think hes being dramatic? Randy Foye the next Joe Dumars???? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Even if that were true and Rondo was half as bad as Ryan thinks he is you'd have to give the C's draft at least solid C or C minus just because they got rid of Dan Dickau and Raef Lafrenz. Theo might be just as much of a health liability but if youre going to have 11 million dollars wrapped up in an injury prone veteran would rather it be in a guy who when healthy spends his time scurrying around the peremeter looking for 3's or a guy whos one of the better defensive centers of our generation? Who would you rather have there to impart his knowledge down to Perk and Al whether or not he plays?

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Wow brutal, there's so many of these doom and gloom writers. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they're being sarcastic, or do they really believe their team decisions are that bad.

I thought the Blazer trade was terrible, until more details came out and I saw they were able to dump Raef LaFrentz. Replacing him with Ratliff is an upgrade, and Ratliff's contract expires a year earlier. He'll be a nice mentor for Kendrick Perkins. At the very least he will fill the void for the many Tony Battie fans in Boston.

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post"> the many Tony Battie fans in Boston.</div>

[​IMG]
    yeah, all 4 of them

4. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

Bob Ryan is simply a dink [​IMG]