T.J. Ford: Out for season

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Milweskee, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

Bucks announced today that T.J. if done for the season, and postseason. They said he wouldn't have enough time to work out and get back into the swing of things. I feel really bad for him, but I do like the opportunity that has been given to Damon Jones, who has been a soldier this season. It will be interesting to see how he responds to his new solidified role this postseason. My prayers go out to T.J. though. It's extremely unfortunate. Hopefully he will heal and this will be the extent of his back injuries for the rest of his career.

2. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Ford Out for season

I really hope that this doesn't alter his career, because i haven't heard of anybody else who had the same injury, so i can't compare it to anything. The guy has had a great rookie year, and was on pace to make it to the all-rookie second team. My prayers go to him that he has a succsesful training camp and everything, and that he comes back playing well.

3. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

I figured that, ah well DJ and Brevin need to keep up the good play.

Bucks are confident he will be healthy to start next year

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

I had actually kinda known/felt this for a while but I didn't want o say anything till it was final.

I heard that worst case scenrario he would have to call it a career. We all know he had a pre-existing spinal problem that Milwaukee team doctors were aware of when he was drafted but they thought nothing of it because only a freak accident would irritate it.
    That freak accident happened as we also know, and now the doctors are noticing very little change in his condition for the future. A complicated surgery to alleviate the problem is a possiblity but all parties are holding off on that for now.