T-Mac-"5 Percent Of NBA Players Are Gay"

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by mike18946, Sep 12, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Mcgrady-"5 percent of NBA players are gay"

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix_u.htm

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">THE Orlando Magic's Tracy McGrady claims 5 percent of NBA players are gay. While he doesn't include himself in that group, he's witnessed gay behavior, he tells Stuff magazine. Almost as upsetting to him, team management didn't consult him before signing power forward Juwan Howard. "I didn't have a clue about it, which I think is crazy, because I should know all the moves they make if I'm the key guy for this team. I'm thinking I should have been the first to know," says McGrady.
    </div>

[​IMG] Don't know how much truth there is to this...

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Why is T-Mac constantly making these type of statements? I'm sure it was taken out of context or misquoted, but he should avoid those type of setups.

3. Ice

Ice JBB Member

He should have kept his mouth shut. I heard they did consult him before the Juwan Howard signing. I bet this stuff was just taken out of text

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

yeah, i agree with airforce1s, he shouldn't have said anything remotely near that, but you know the media, they just misquote everything it seems.

5. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Its the NY Post.. 'nuff said.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

7. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Oh my badd it looked like NY post from the link

8. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

I think he didn't say anything about the gay thing .. Media makes stuff up !

about the Juan Howard signing .. T-Mac is a player not a member of the front office or the managment .. so they don't have to consult him .. he's a player .. and he should've known his role

9. madddawg11

madddawg11 JBB JustBBall Member

I think that T-mac should be informed about incoming players just like any contributer that's been on the team for awhile. But i do believe that most player quotes are taken the wrong way

10. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

with all this kobe stuff he can say what he wants and theres not much of a deal made of it,because all the focus is on kobe

11. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Why is everyone jumping to Tracy McGrady's defense? He made the statement, and it was also reported on the Best Damn Sports Show Period. There was no out of context quoting and he will not make an apology. I am just a fan and I even know for a fact one NBA player that is homosexual. Five percent is seventeen and three fourths players. Besides the player I know as homosexual (Christian Laettner) who else is there?

1)Christian Laettner
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    17 and 3/4)

12. Ice

Ice JBB Member

I wouldnt be suprised if there was 5% of gays in the league.

13. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

From what Mcgrady said it seems as If he has a problem with gay people and playing basketball....Thats the worst thing about it....

14. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">From what Mcgrady said it seems as If he has a problem with gay people and playing basketball....Thats the worst thing about it....</div>Not at all. He didn't say, "There are too many gays in the NBA." He just simply stated that there were quite a few gays in the league.

15. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Not at all. He didn't say, "There are too many gays in the NBA." He just simply stated that there were quite a few gays in the league.</div>

Yeah, thats true. But 5% isnt even that many. For the NBA i guess it is though

16. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Half Man-Half Amazing:</div><div class="quote_post">
    about the Juan Howard signing .. T-Mac is a player not a member of the front office or the managment .. so they don't have to consult him .. he's a player .. and he should've known his role</div>
    True, but he is their franchise player, and most teams consult their franchise player before signing someone of Howard's ability.

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Not at all. He didn't say, "There are too many gays in the NBA." He just simply stated that there were quite a few gays in the league.</div>

Hardly a difference...Why should it matter if there are gays in the league? stupid Mcgrady even saying anything about it...From his comments it looked like he has a problem with gays...

18. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

thats ridiculous, how do you know he hates gays or has a problem with them. The reporter asked him a question and he answered no big deal .

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I didn't say he actually does...I said it seems like he does from his comments.....We don't really know Mcgrady so who knows...He is mr nice guy with the media..but so was Kobe..

20. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Add Mark Madsen to your list.