T.O. Talks!

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by 4THNLONGFELLOW, Jan 31, 2006.

1. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I see that T.O. and the Broncos are talking and there may be a possible trade with Philly for him. I would not have guessed that the Broncos would be in the mix for him but it seems I was wrong. Looks like another team on the rise may soon be torn apart from the inside, I know this must make you happy KCGSC, but what about the Bronco fans, what is your feelings on this news?

2. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

I, for one, am ecstatic!!!!

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

NO ONE will trade for Terrell Owens....if you do, hes locked into to a long term deal that he hates and you owe him $5 mil in march....why would anyone do that? that puts you right where the Eagles are right now....why give up anything for that scenario....the broncos are talking with him, but im sure its about a possible contract if hes released....heres how it goes: Eagles release him before the bonus vests, someone signs him to a short deal, maybe 1-2 years, for medium money....he takes what he can get for a year and tries to behave so he can trick someone into thinking hes changed and get a long term deal....the signing bonus will be minimal and therefore the risk is minimal....I also wouldnt be surprised if he signs a long term deal with no signing bonus for big money, say 5 years, $40 million, with staggered salaries that escalate as the contract matures....thats another scenario where you can him, but you arent married to him, because you can cut him at any time without taking a cap hit....

4. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

thats whats gonna happen no one will trade for Owens that would be stupid, they will wait until the Eagles release him and someone will negociate a contract that gives them flexiblity under Owens like Beef said

5. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Here's some food for thought

The Broncos are a rediculous amount of money over the cap, and there is really no way they can afford TO without making some wholesale changes.

The Eagles have a ton of money under the cap, and can afford to keep TO even with his bonus. If the Broncos give up some high draft picks and players, Eagles might be willing to pay TO's bonus in March and trade him to the Bronco's afterwards. This way they would have to eat his bonus this year, but it might be worth it if they get maybe a 1st and 3rd and maybe a DLineman, and if the Broncos really think they are a TO away from winning, it would be worth it for them too.

6. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Wow... Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in the same division?

7. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow... Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in the same division?</div>
    yeah that is really gonna hit the fan...

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Broncos are a rediculous amount of money over the cap, and there is really no way they can afford TO without making some wholesale changes.</div>
    That's true.

I am all for Denver acquiring TO & would personally enjoy seeing the results. They would not deviate from SF or Philly.

9. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Here's some food for thought

The Broncos are a rediculous amount of money over the cap, and there is really no way they can afford TO without making some wholesale changes.

The Eagles have a ton of money under the cap, and can afford to keep TO even with his bonus. If the Broncos give up some high draft picks and players, Eagles might be willing to pay TO's bonus in March and trade him to the Bronco's afterwards. This way they would have to eat his bonus this year, but it might be worth it if they get maybe a 1st and 3rd and maybe a DLineman, and if the Broncos really think they are a TO away from winning, it would be worth it for them too.</div>
    Its an interestign idea, but i dont see it...it is creative though and i give you kudos for that....the reason I dont see it is because giving up that much constitutes a major commitment to TO, since your not likely to cut someone you paid that much for....if the Eagles want to do that for a 5th, that might be worth it for someone....one scenario I always thought I would try to do if I ever got to manage a team with lots of space(like Arizona who had like $30 mil it wasted 2 years ago) was to call contenders who were close to the cap, tell them that if they wanted a free agent they couldnt afford, to frontload his contract(10 years/$50 million, $25mill up front and salaries of $1 mil for the 1st 4 years), he could sign with us, and we would trade him to you for your 1st rounder and the cash....we will absorb the cap hit this year, but we dont care, we had the money we werent using anyway, you get him under contract for 4 years at a million per, he gets his money, we get the pick and we never spend a dime, cause you paid us the money we laid out in bonuses during the trade....its a win/win scenario and no one does it....GMs arent creative enough....

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow... Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in the same division?</div>
    Well if TO goes to Denver look for for teams to draft lots of CBs to try to stop those guys.

11. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Here's some food for thought

The Eagles have a ton of money under the cap, and can afford to keep TO even with his bonus. If the Broncos give up some high draft picks and players, Eagles might be willing to pay TO's bonus in March and trade him to the Bronco's afterwards. This way they would have to eat his bonus this year, but it might be worth it if they get maybe a 1st and 3rd and maybe a DLineman, and if the Broncos really think they are a TO away from winning, it would be worth it for them too.</div>
    I think this is a distinct possibility especially if Denver fears the interest is starting to peak. And TO would be stupid to reject it knowing that he'll get less as a FA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Well if TO goes to Denver look for for teams to draft lots of CBs to try to stop those guys.</div>
    There is no CB that can cover those 2 IMO. Therefor the emphasis will be on getting to the QB.