Talkin ball panel calls out Dame

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazedanugz, Jan 4, 2016.

1. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

Jason quick was first to call out Dame about not playing up to what he's about to be payed.
    He talked about his fg% and 3pt% not being good enough but he said he needs to play better overall.
    Nobody disagreed with him and some other panel members said you look at his numbers and it doesn't really tell the whole story.
    I kind of agree.. The sloppy turnovers and bad 3pt attempts are starting to get tiring.
    What do you guys think?

2. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

He hasn't played at a max contract level for a solid year now. The only change is that public opinion is starting to shift. Dame was on a trajectory to great, but now he's merely good. I hope the growing criticism reignites a fire under his ass and he gets back to being the player that we fell in love with. Fewer commercials and rap albums please, and more ball control and big shot making!

Red Rooster, Tunchi and Duvalier like this.
  3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Wes Matthews on Line 1........
    I don't give a shit about an injury......you're getting THIS for $17M a year!!!!???

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 11.49.27 PM.png

4. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

24.6 ppg
    6.8 apg
    4.5 rpg
    41.8% FG
    36.4% 3PG

Community Leader
    Team Leader
    National Spotlight as he markets himself
    All around positive role model

On a team that is really built to fail/tank this season ($20 million or whatever under the salary cap).

All the while talking about what "he's about to be paid"

Sorry he's not Steph Curry but that Talking Ball Panel can go fuck themselves.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

He looks like exactly the same player he's always been, except that now there's no Aldridge to take the target off of his back.

Personally I think he's done pretty well transitioning into this team's clear-cut number 1. I even think his defense is marginally better this year and he even appears to be better at finishing at the rim. That's not to say he doesn't have some flaws and holes in his game and he probably is slightly overpaid, but I can only imagine how fucking terrible this team would be without him.

Rhal, BUNTA, Red Rooster and 9 others like this.
  6. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Ah man Tunchi will love this

dviss1 and Orion Bailey like this.
  7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

This town always turns on its star players. Eventually we will be calling for a trade. It is inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverman, Nikolokolus, dviss1 and 4 others like this.
  8. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

He's still been pretty damn good even considering his "struggles" with shooting percentages and turnovers. I'll give him at least another year to improve more before I start thinking he's plateaued.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  9. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

How do you explain the bulk of last season then?

Not any worse, based on the recent stretch of games he missed.

10. brendanjames

brendanjames Active Member

Wonder if this would be a conversation if CJ had have put up 13 ppg in the last 8 games.

Absolute tosh!!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  11. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    A volume shooter increases his percentage with more shots. Lillard is not a good volume shooter. At playmaking, he's not a fancy passer (like, say, Sergio). At both shooting and playmaking, Lillard is a good NBA starter but not an All-Star. He can't carry a team and needs stars around him.

To cement his GM job, new hire Olshey hyped him as a rookie by featuring him so much that he led the league in minutes. By his 2nd year, his dazzling rookie clutch shooting was gone.

12. RipCityDSCPL

RipCityDSCPL Could be worse, at least it's not Lonzo.

This is the real reason why we can't get any big time free agents to come here. The fans turn on their own.

Eastoff, riverman and Orion Bailey like this.
  13. NWDeeJay

NWDeeJay Member

#Truth

dviss1 likes this.
  14. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

I think Lillard needs to take less 3's, work on this midrange game and focus on getting into the lane. We've seen how the floor opens up for everyone else when CJ was doing that the last few games. I'll give Lillard a pass for the Grizz game, but he's simply too easily to stopped at the 3-point by his defender and forced to pass/jack up a bad shot.

HailBlazers likes this.
  15. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Just needs to get his shooting percentages up (cut down on the contested chuck) sand all the talk will die down.

16. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    That's not the reason, because every teams fans do that.

17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

CJ has turned into our SG and cemented the position. Dame now needs to turn the scoring reigns to him. CJ should be our leading scorer this year. Dame should focus on assists and defense. He will score when needed, but it isnt needed near as often now. Stop chucking 3's with 12 seconds left, drive to the lane and find the open man for the assist. This should be his main objective this year with CJ breaking out.

If he doesn't want to conceed the scoring, then we will have a problem. Ill give him the season to figure it out. He is smart and I believe he will.

18. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  19. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

It's embarrassing as a die hard fan to see other fans just turn on their players all the time. There is a thread talking about trading cj and now people want to turn on lillard. Some of you treated Lamarcus better when he was here and all he did was sell a bunch of lies while being a shitty leader. This dude dame signed on to a 5 year deal knowing this year wasn't gonna be easy. Yeah the percentages aren't great but look at his numbers, he's trying. He went from being on a contender to a lottery squad trying to be a leader with little help around him. Not only that but he's not a head case, he's proud to be a blazer and does a lot of work for kids and what not. Very marketable. Gives the team a good name. He comes back after being away for 7 games and not only the fans but the talking ball panel says he needs to step up?! Really?! This dude set up team bonding times before the season started and all this shit but I never heard Jason quick call out Lamarcus until after he left. I don't really know what fans expected this season, I also don't know why some fans get crazy and throw out ridiculous trade ideas or start calling out their loyal all star.

20. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

I'd just be happy with him going back to his old Nike shoes that he was wearing 'pre-Adidias shoe funk'.

My only other criticism I have of him are the lazy offense-initiating passes that are easily picked off. The lazy passing irks the fuck out of me.

Otherwise, Dame is my favorite player and I totally respect his game.

PtldPlatypus likes this.