Tavares Sticks it to the Isles

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by RangersFan, Jul 1, 2018.

1. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Goes to the Leafs 7 years 11 mill AAV.

He really did them no favors here. Saying I want to be an Islander, and then bolting. Shame on the Isles for never putting a good team around him, the arena BS and for buying that at face value with no guarantee, but yeah Tavares did stick it to the Isles...even waiting until after 12 today to decide which took other players off the board for the Isles to sign. His words said one thing, but his actions said F you Isles.

I fully blame Snow and awful ownership, they should have dealt him at the trade DL, but Tavares really did them no favors here with how he handled this. He owed the Isles nothing, but wow.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he fucked them good even going so far as asking snow not to trade him at the deadline and isles honored that request. Snow should have told him thats nice but if your name is not on a signed contract 2 days before the deadline your ass is getting traded for as many assets as we can get so we don't get fucked. Will be interesting to see all the islander fans (and rightfully so) as he totally fucked them out of at least a haul if they traded him burning his jersey in effigy. LOL

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Don 't count out ego. He might not want to have Barzal replace him as the number one center. Going to Toronto he is number 2 no question. LMAO at moron Islanders fans. Tools.

4. RangersFan

From Brooks:

Islanders in on O'Reilly trade talks with Buffalo, we are told. Center is owed $7.5M bonus by midnight. Return package obviously would change from today to tomorrow.

To me this shows how Tavares dragging this into today well past 12 made it tough on the Isles (I think he knew yesterday as his agent was talking to the Leafs). Would you rather deal chips and have ROR for 7.5 per OR make a run at Stastny OR Bozak for less money and no chips?

Now we don't know if Stastny or Bozak would even entertain an Isles offer, but kneejerk dealing for ROR might not be the right move (depending on what the return is).

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If we ever decide to move Lundqvist Toronto would be a logical destination in the EC. Andersen is pretty good but i think HL could be someone they look to for one postseason down the road.

6. RangersFan

Complicated to figure that out. He'd have to waive NTC, they would have to find a way to afford him (not sure how that is possible), and we'd want at least something in return.

Couldn't see that happening for a year or two. But I do agree the D and goaltending in Toronto still concerns me despite all their studs upfront (and do they have the grit?).