Taylor Henry Quits

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    The JR DE, 6'2', 258#, projected first string, 2010 4 game starter, has left the team, citing personal reason. He was a special teams standout and one of the quickest players on the team.

It's pure message board speculation, but injuries was not cited in the reason. It's been reported he has "no confidence" in the staff at OSU.

Oddly, ESPN reported earlier this year, "Taylor Henry stepped up at defensive end after Matt LaGrone quit the team..."

espn.com

2. Targus

Targus Suspended

Here's the info on LaGrone leaving OSU, prior to Taylor Henry leaving.

CORVALLIS – Oregon State coach Mike Riley said he didn’t see it coming.

Starting right defensive end Matt LaGrone walked into his office at noon Monday, three hours before the team’s first spring practice, and said he was dropping out of school and leaving the team.

Riley said LaGrone is giving up football, “for personal and family reasons’’

http://www.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=411079

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2010/03/day_1_of_oregon_state_spring_f.html

3. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    Or is this merely your speculation and trolling? Wheres this other message board source? Don't assume anything with your own personal beliefs without proof or sources.

this is not what the GT claims.
    Source: http://www.gazettetimes.com/sports/...cle_156c6dfa-0f01-11e1-9fd5-001cc4c03286.html

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. Targus

Targus Suspended

"Or is this merely your speculation and trolling? Wheres this other message board source? Don't assume anything with your own personal beliefs without proof or sources."

Sure, we can discuss my posting instead of the issue at hand. I said it was pure message board speculation, but here you go:

"So maybe when a player who does try quits, it says they have no confidence in the coaches? Granted they cannot possibly know as much as the coaches themselves but maybe there are common sense elements they like alot of us are not seeing "

"top. the coach and staff do not believe, either."

"Henry said he quit for "personal reasons". Didn't cite nagging injuries. There's more to the story.. I just don't know what it is. Thing caught me by surprise."

"I really don't want to agree... but I will say this. we have had a troubling amount of "personal reasons" defections. Starting with Bubba and Lagrone.
    It is curious. I will say that and I think it is pointing towards some locker room disturbance/difference of opinion on things. Stuff like this happens when you lose, and you just need to make the fixes that are NEEDED, weather the storm and look for ways to improve."

"I share the concern.

Seems like the '08 (or was it '09?) team around Lyle Moevao had a lot of comaraderie, and the team-building stuff that Jay Locey brought in gained some traction. I don't see that going on anymore, and I got a little concerned last year when Quizz was visibly upset with his line.

I agree that we can only speculate on whether or not there's locker room problem, but retention of talent for depth's sake is critical for this team."

"Interesting. Is it just me or does this seem like a trend with our dline. Henry, Lagrone, Sommer, etc...I remember when Sommer transferred he said that it was because of his (presumably sour) relationship with Coach Joe. Things that make you say hmmmm..."

"Unfortunate loss for OSU. Hopefully this is a trend that has peaked and declines. Seems to be quality players and students leaving the program for personal reasons. Lack of confidence in staff?"

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=182&f=1704&t=8262723&sto=MS_110394006

5. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Taylor is nothing special, and we dont need quiters on the team. Dont let the door hit ya in the ass!

Troll's suck!

6. Targus

Targus Suspended

There's not a lot of depth there, so some would call it a loss. No one likes to see players quit during the season.

You know, when you call someone a troll, you actually become a troll yourself?