Texans star DeAndre Hopkins excited about arrival of Will Fuller, Braxton Miller

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by truebluefan, May 9, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The arrival of rookie wide receivers Will Fuller and Braxton Miller on the Texans' roster through the draft immediately created ambitious thoughts of a multi-dimensional passing game built around them complementing centerpiece DeAndre Hopkins.

Hopkins shares that vision, and the selections of two fast downfield threats was met by strong approval from the Pro Bowl wide receiver.

It was a concerted effort from general manager Rick Smith and coach Bill O'Brien to upgrade the speed of the offense and open up passing lanes and counteract coverage schemes intended to limit Hopkins' impact.
    "Yeah, man, I thank those guys for that," Hopkins told The Chronicle following a Carnival Cruise Line event at the Port of Galveston. "Last year, there were a couple of pieces of the puzzle that we needed that could've helped us get over some games. It's the NFL and other teams get paid, too. I think they brought some guys in that are going to push me, myself and everybody in there.

- See more at:
    http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...dre-Hopkins-excited-about-arrival-7422013.php