OT Thank you to all you Veterans out there

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Lanny, May 30, 2022.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Thank you to all you Veterans who stood the line so I could sleep warm and secure at night.

2. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

A little digging says that there are 535 members of the current Congress. 100 of them are senators and 435 are house representatives. Of those 535 members (according to my sources), a whopping total of 91 members of Congress have served in the military. So.............17% of Congress cared enough about their country to serve in the military. What a bunch of patriots. And these are the "heroes" who steer our lives. I personally call it a travesty. Military service should be a requirement for running for national office, for the discipline and teamwork learned if nothing else. Happy Memorial Day indeed............

SlyPokerDog, riverman and Lanny like this.
  3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Same to you Lanny! A commander in chief should always understand what that military culture entails....it's a job you should not have to fake.

SlyPokerDog and Lanny like this.
  4. Voodoo

Voodoo An American hero

Project Manager
    My father was drafted during Vietnam, same with two of my uncles during that time period. My maternal grandfather fought the Nazis during the battle of the bulge in WW2. I am fortunate that all of them survived their tours of duty and am proud of their service to our country.

I regret not doing my time in the service and wish I had, I am grateful and indebted to those that came before me and helped to ensure our safety, freedom, opportunities and prosperity that was won. Thank you all who have, or are currently serving, and especially those that sacrificed their lives for us. Hope everyone had a great memorial day and took a minute to remember all those that have sacrificed for us.

5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

My father served in Vietnam and my grandfather in WWII.

I had a very distant cousin named Eleven who served in the civil war.

Thank you to all those who served.

HailBlazers and riverman like this.
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

My father and uncles all served in WWII....I served in Vietnam...my second son served in the peacetime army and I hope none of my future grandkids ever have to see war again....thanks to all the vets around here...Lanny has sacrificed a lot for his service and deserves a special shoutout...I was Navy, my son was Army and my father was Army Air Corp before they had an Air Force.His brothers fought in Patton's tank division and he fixed fighter jets in England and Scotland and taught pilots how to use the planes. My mother's brothers were all Navy..to those who paid the ultimate price, I grieve

7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Thanks to all those who served!