The annual "Hampton's injured" report

Discussion in 'American League Central' started by pegs, Mar 7, 2008.

1. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Dude. http://sportstwo.com/MLB/Story/MLB/1814877

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Hampton leaves game with groin injury Friday, March 7, 2008 02:14 PM

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida (Ticker) -- Atlanta Braves lefthander Mike Hampton suffered an injury to his right groin Friday and was removed from the team's Grapefruit League game against the Detroit Tigers.

After working to a 1-1 count on Detroit's Scott Sizemore with one out in the second inning, Hampton was visited on the mound by Atlanta manager Bobby Cox and team medical staff.

Following a brief examination, Hampton exited the contest. The southpaw was diagnosed with a mild strain and was listed as day-to-day.

It was the latest setback for the injury-plagued Hampton, who missed all of last season following elbow surgery.

Hampton also underwent "Tommy John" surgery in September 2005 - a procedure that cost him the entire 2006 season.

Hampton, 35, has gone 32-20 in parts of three seasons with the Braves since being acquired in November 2002. A two-time All-Star, he owns a career record of 138-101 with a 3.97 ERA in parts of 13 seasons with Atlanta, Colorado, Houston and the New York Mets.</div>

Figures. Let's hope this doesn't turn into a lingering injury. [​IMG]

2. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

This is why I hate watching baseball. You perform one motion the entire game and somehow you always manage to get hurt Hampton.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I've heard the latest groin injury wasn't serious. Regardless, I'm glad Glavine is back to be a dependable #3 in the rotation.

4. MagicFan12

MagicFan12 Member

I used to follow the Braves actively, and I feel bad for the guy. I hope he manages to stay healthy, because he's got the talent.