The Big Three

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Mez, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/7758752.htm

Good article on the big three, mainly focused on Allen. Too bad that trio had to split up, the Bucks were one of my favorite teams to watch when they had Big dog, Allen, and Sam playing together. Damn that George Karl!!!

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Yeah, I loved those days for Sam. It reminded me of Rum TMC from the early 90's G-state warriors. But that team had to split up it was for the best. I think if that team would have reached the finals, they would might still be together. But after the 2001 season they all lost track of what was really important and that was getting back to the point where they had a shot at a chip. Everyone was fighting to see who team it was. The Big 3 started playing for Stats instead of wins. They all had lost respect for coach Karl. I think the worst addition to that team was Anthony Mason. He totally ruined the follow of the offense by holding the ball and doing nothing with it. I think if they would have played like a team they could have made it to the finals a few times. But their egos wouldnt let them. So now they have went on to new ventures. Sam is killing the league in Minny with his new partners in crime KG & Spree. They make up a new & improved big 3 IMO. This big 3 plays both ends of the court. Ray Allen is clearly The Man with the Sonics. And Big Dog is starting to blend in as the running mate of Allen Tverson in Philly, so everyone benefited from the change. Even the bucks benefited because the absence of the Big 3 has left the door open for Micheal Redd to develope into a franchise player.

3. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

I don't give a steaming pile of crap about the big 3. I liked Cassell, but I like him better in Minnesota. This team is so young and fresh, and they're already better than the Bucks of last year. So the only way is up from here.

4. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't give a steaming pile of crap about the big 3. I liked Cassell, but I like him better in Minnesota. This team is so young and fresh, and they're already better than the Bucks of last year. So the only way is up from here.</div>

That was rather harsh, they were a start for a pretty good team. They may be doing well now, but imagine if they still had these guys. Allen, possibly one of the greatest offensive forces in the league would be a great asset when combined with the likes of Redd and the other former Buck, "Big Dog" and Cassell could make the shots for both himself and all of these other guys. I wouldn't want Cassell in any other place though. I love the Bucks and all, but the Timberwolves are my favorite team, hence anything that improves them, is good for them or makes them all the better is fine by me. It was a big mistake letting these guys go.

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't give a steaming pile of crap about the big 3. I liked Cassell, but I like him better in Minnesota. This team is so young and fresh, and they're already better than the Bucks of last year. So the only way is up from here.</div>

[​IMG]

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

See what Ray can do when his backcourt mate doesn't hog the ball and shoot at an alarming rate? I'm glad to see Cassell has matured in Minnesota, but his selfishness caused a lot of the problems in Milwaukee.

7. Milweskee

Giving up the big 3 was a great move. It started out pretty damn stupid, but a lot of good came out of it. George Karl was fired, and Michael Redd got a role that he really deserved, and he costs considerably less than Ray Allen. The team was built so well. Everyone has a hard-working, humble attitude. They're bringing each other up. They don't blame each other, or hog the ball. The "big 3 Bucks" had poor attitudes and it was a bad mix of players. There was rarely ever a double-digit rebounder. That team had the talent to win a championship and squandered it. Why would you want those kind of people on your team? Stats don't mean too much when you underachieve constantly.

8. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

well the big 3 of minesota is way better than buck's past big 3..

9. Milweskee

Yeah it is, by far. Because they all do more than score. Cassell passes and scores, and Garnett does a lot of everything. You have to do more than outscore people, something that Bucks team couldn't grasp.

10. MiltownBeers

MiltownBeers JBB JustBBall Member

I think Milwaukee's Big Three thrived in a fast-paced, momentum type environment. And when Karl brought in the final piece of the puzzle, Anthony "I have nothing that resembles an NBA game" Mason, the pace of Milwaukee's game slowed inmeasurably. The Big Three then became incredibly more selfish, each trying to win the game and lead the bucks, which pretty much resulted in clear-outs, missed shots, and turnovers. I still like each of the big 3 individually, but when each became more selfish, the whole suffered. Of course if didn't help that Karl didn't keep any of the Bucks problems in-house.

11. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">he costs considerably less than Ray Allen</div>

Not for long...

12. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">See what Ray can do when his backcourt mate doesn't hog the ball and shoot at an alarming rate? I'm glad to see Cassell has matured in Minnesota, but his selfishness caused a lot of the problems in Milwaukee.</div>

I think your placing a little bit to much blame for chemistry problems on Sam. They all had their moments that contributed to the down fall of those bucks. I remember a game a the garden where Ray Allen was 1 for 14 from 3pt land. It was late in the 4qter & the Bucks only down by 5 but Ray Allen still come down the court chucking up 3 from Half court, when they were not needed. If you dont think things like that break a teams spirit on a nightly bases than your crazy. Yes Sam had his selfish moments but Ray had plenty of his own. The only reason why things are so sweet right now in Sonics-ville is because Ray has been playing extremely well since his return from injury. But once he has one of those stretches of games where he isnt shooting the ball well. Yet he is still taking 7 or 8 3pters a game. You 2 will be questioning his decision making & shot selection. ALL THREE PLAYERS WERE SELFISH, YOUR BOY RAY ALLEN EVEN SAID IT HIMSELF.

13. Milweskee

Sam Cassell was definitely my favorite out of the big three. I hope he makes it to the All-Star game this year cuz it's long over-due. As for Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson, they were too soft in my opinion. Ray Allen seems to have picked up his game in Seattle. But I lost respect for players that just shoot, and don't contribute anywhere else. Those days are gone in Milwaukee. And I am so glad the Bucks won the battle with Mark Cuban for Michael Redd during this past off-season.

14. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">Sam Cassell was definitely my favorite out of the big three. I hope he makes it to the All-Star game this year cuz it's long over-due. As for Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson, they were too soft in my opinion. Ray Allen seems to have picked up his game in Seattle. But I lost respect for players that just shoot, and don't contribute anywhere else. Those days are gone in Milwaukee. And I am so glad the Bucks won the battle with Mark Cuban for Michael Redd during this past off-season.</div>

Yeah, it would have been another scorer for the Mavs [​IMG]