The Blazers are serious about signing Trenton Hassel

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rod, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Appearently The defensive guard is seriously considering Portland,but guess who's in the way? yea DENVER is again trying to steal a player from the Blazers.
    Respect to that Kiki guy,he knows how to run a franchise.

Anyway hassel is shooting like DA and his defense are his trademarks,he's not a scorer though...3.5 ppg in 25 Mpg but in Minosota...

what do you think?

Btw:Mike James said that he will sign in almost any team as long as they pay him 1.6 millions+.

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Well the Nuggets can't steal Hassell away from the Blazers when the Blazers don't even have him yet...Now with Darius Miles that's different.

3. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

yea lol! whats this talk of denver STEALING hassle? last time i checked hassle isnt and never was a blazer

4. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

But he should be a Blazer :mrgreen:
    Sorry i know its not what you call stealing but im pretty pissed that Denver is again trying to sign a player that the Blazers want...

5. Aaron

Aaron JBB JustBBall Member

I would worry about my Twolves matching and retaining rather than Denver stealing him. I am worried about you guys and denver stealing Trenton away from us thou.

6. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Aaron:</div><div class="quote_post">I would worry about my Twolves matching and retaining rather than Denver stealing him. I am worried about you guys and denver stealing Trenton away from us thou.</div>

now its al up to him,16 million dollars over 4 years and playing time or being Denver'sT-wolve's dump for lower salary...

7. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

Wolves could match your offer. If he wants to play with a contender he'll try to play for the Wolves for the same deal. If I was Kevin McHale/Glen Taylor, I would match the Portland deal. Trenton is really good. Offensively too, he did really well in the playoffs, scored 15 points a whole bunch in the playoffs, and thats with KG, Spree, Wally, and Cassell all around him. In the future hes gonna be a Ron Artest type guy, averages in the mid to upper teens in points and plays lock down D. Wolves would be stupid to not match Portland's offer.

8. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">now its al up to him,16 million dollars over 4 years and playing time or being Denver'sT-wolve's dump for lower salary...</div>
    Not really for a lower salary for the twolves. Thhe twolves could easily just match portlands offer to hassel. If he signs there offer sheet since he is a restricted free agent. He wont be leaving a twolves uniform any time soon if managment is smart. He has a recommendation from KG to managment to keep him on the team.

9. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

i dont really want Hassel for the blazers. Come on, that guy cant shot, the blazers should focus more on offense than defense. They have Ruben Patterson, aka Captian Chao for defense. They have to sign Wesley Person to a 3 year contract.

10. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dachen33:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont really want Hassel for the blazers. Come on, that guy cant shot, the blazers should focus more on offense than defense. They have Ruben Patterson, aka Captian Chao for defense. They have to sign Wesley Person to a 3 year contract.</div>

Ruben Patterson is a good defender but Trenton Hassell is a difference maker on Defense. He can easily contain most point guard thru Small Forward in this league. Which is what the blazers need due to the fact Damon Stoudmire sometimes has a hard time dealing with pyshical point guard.

And you just added Van Exel, who will be probably coming off the bench more with the mindset of being a scoring point guard putting points on the board, so adding anymore high volume shooter to the backcourt is not as much needed as it was before the Van Exel trade.

If you put Hassell on the perimeter defensively with Theo doing his weakside & on ball defensive thing, the Blazers will instantly become a better defensive team. And a better road team as well. Because secretly being a good defensive team helps makes a better road team, because defense wins road games, you cant go into someone else's building looking to out shoot them in their own arena. You want to win on the road with D.

11. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">Ruben Patterson is a good defender but Trenton Hassell is a difference maker on Defense. He can easily contain most point guard thru Small Forward in this league. Which is what the blazers need due to the fact Damon Stoudmire sometimes has a hard time dealing with pyshical point guard.

And you just added Van Exel, who will be probably coming off the bench more with the mindset of being a scoring point guard putting points on the board, so adding anymore high volume shooter to the backcourt is not as much needed as it was before the Van Exel trade.

If you put Hassell on the perimeter defensively with Theo doing his weakside & on ball defensive thing, the Blazers will instantly become a better defensive team. And a better road team as well. Because secretly being a good defensive team helps makes a better road team, because defense wins road games, you cant go into someone else's building looking to out shoot them in their own arena. You want to win on the road with D.</div>

Could'nt agree more.

12. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

But signing Hassel will cause many problems on the rotation. First will he start over Derek Anderson? (Assuming Darius Miles resign). The blazers has too many guards to rotate around. Nick Van Exel is brought in here for scoring and play some Shooting guard postition. Which means the guard rotation will be Damon, Nick, Telifare for Point guard. Hassel, Derek, Qyntel Woods, Framn. Woods is doing excellent in the summer league, ready to play more mintues in the game. But because of Hassel and Nick coming, there are no mintues for him to show off his skills.

13. KG-MVP

KG-MVP JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dachen33:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont really want Hassel for the blazers. Come on, that guy cant shot, the blazers should focus more on offense than defense. They have Ruben Patterson, aka Captian Chao for defense. They have to sign Wesley Person to a 3 year contract.</div>

Saying that Trenton Hassel can't shoot is a very incorrect statement. You cn only judge the guy if youve frequently seen him play, because he is very underrated.

Hassel has often scored almost 20 points(alongside the highest scoring trio in the league) whic is excellent. He's a fantastic role-player, and would do even better as a starter. He is defensive machine. And Hassel has a fine jumper, he can shoot just fine. He is also a good post-player, ive even seen him land some pretty nesty dunks this last season. If you guys don't think Hassel is good, your very wrong, and we would rather you think that anyways, cuz we want him back.