OT The Chris Watts story

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Strenuus, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Okay, i know this happened a year and a half ago.... But it might be the most riveting case ive ever heard. With all the Youtube clips on it and cop body cam footage it was amazing to watch.

The interrogation alone is enthralling (btw... Jim cant swim on youtube is the best if youre into the psychology of interrogations).

I highly encourage you to watch as much as you can on it. The guy is a sick individual that killed his wife, two daughters, and unborn baby. But how he tries to lie and manipulate in a cold, almost laughing tone is disgusting.

I just found out how and when he killed his daughters and i cried. I dont even have kids and what that man did was unfathomable. Broke my heart.

2. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s terrible. The footage from the next morning where he’s running around the house with the cop and neighbor pretending to look for his family and call his wife, it is disturbing. That is a person without a soul. The oil tanks where he put his daughters...I work on those same types of tank battery locations almost daily. You go up on the catwalk and look at those identical hatches this man disposed of his own children through. It was hard for me to not think about that when I’d be up on those catwalks after seeing this story.

3. Strenuus

Yep. Just unimaginable that a human being can even fathom doing that for any reason.

And that home video of one of the daughters saying "my daddy is my hero" a couple months before he did what he did. I cant imagine the final moments for them.

The prosecutors and interrigators All said that this is the one case that will haunt them the rrst of their lives.

4. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    So. I don't want to get too far into this, but this story is very real for my moms side of the family. It's a shame.

5. Strenuus

Damn im sorry to hear that. Can i ask if you mean this story in particular or the nature of the incident?

6. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I'd let it go. He said he didn't want to go into it.

7. Strenuus

Thats fair. My curiosity got the best of me. Sorry @TorturedBlazerFan

8. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    My grandfather murdered all of my aunts and uncles on my moms side and attempted murder on my grandmother when she was pregnant with my mother. He spent his days jailed in Texas, I never met him, but Ive seen all the newspaper clippings my Grandma carried around. Led to a lot of interesting things and my Mom and Grandma dont handle any of these stories well when they spring into the news.

edit: Sorry thats probably TMI. If Sly wants me to delete I can.

9. Strenuus

if you want to i can delete it. Just let me know. I agreed with lanny that it probably wasnt the best to ask even a vague question.

My condolences to all affected by that. Just awful and unnecessary.

Lanny likes this.
  10. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Im good. I probably shouldnt have brought it up if I didnt want to talk about it. My mom and her side of the family is very interesting.
    Then my Dads side of the family is like so tame, a bunch of Military, and Sports guys. Guess we all got interesting family.

11. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    You've brought it up before so there seems to be some need to work through it.
    My great grandfather murdered at least one and probably two guys in Alabama. One was a Black man that worked with him and disappeared one night. Their work place had an incinerator and my father thinks the victim was probably killed and thrown into the incinerator.
    The second victim who clearly was murdered set off a huge trial. My great grandfather had three thriving businesses one being a lumber mill that rivaled Georgia Pacific at the time. Great granddad got thrown in prison while awaiting his trial. He was found guilty even though granddad burned down all three businesses and collected the insurance money which was used to bribe the judge and jury but to no avail. My greatgrandfather employed so many people that felt a fealty to him that they told a leading candidate for governor that they would all vote for him if he would pardon my great granddad. The candidate won the election and great granddad was pardoned. Was there corruption? You be the judge 'cause I don't know but I can take an educated guess.

Okay, there's my confession. Anyone else want to have a go?