The die is cast: 2019-2020 Trailblazer Roster

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Further, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    C: Nurk / Whiteside (Starter till Nurk returns) / Labissiere
    PF: Collins / Hezonja / Tolliver / Labissiere / (Layman if resigned) (Hoard in G)
    SF: Bazemore / Hezonja / Little / G Trent Jr
    SG: CJ / Hood / Little
    PG: Dame / Simons

Theres a lot of overlap and depth after all. I'm pretty happy with what we have. Looks like another PG might be nice, maybe a defensive PG for some spot minutes but that's a pretty nice roster with lots of offense. Love the increased shooting to help space for CJ and Dame.

So, what are your thoughts?

Offense?
    Defense?

I'm pretty excited to see Collins start but he is going to continue to have fouling troubles. Glad he has either Whiteside or Nurk alongside most of the time. Could be real tough come playoff time for opposition to get to the rim.

Really want Little to concentrate on D. If he can grow into a lockdown perimeter defender that could be missing link to our future championship.

Will Anfernee become what the hype is projecting? A three guard rotation of Dame/CJ and Anf could tear the hearts out of the other team.

Who starts at SF on day one? Who wins out by playoffs? Baz is my guess for day one, but Hezonjia could be a better option.

Will Layman re-sign? Will a roster spot be left open?

So many questions. I love this team!

GDiama and Dougnsalem like this.
  2. GDiama

GDiama Well-Known Member

There might be a gap behind Whiteside right now, but this will probably be short term if Nurk doesn't take long. I worry about the one behind Dame that might be long term if Simons is not exactly a PG even if he is ready for minutes. Playing point guard is way more difficult than playing the 2 as you have to initiate everything basically. I have my doubts that Simons will settle as a PG in the future and I have more doubts that he will manage it from day one the coming season. The only sample we currently have is a 48 minute game where he got 9 assists, but before that you cannot see a lot of playmaking, mostly scoring.

I believe the last roster spot should go to a backup PG and maybe sign some big body on a 2 way contract to have some insurance for 45 days.

ps.I ll never understand why CJ will be once again considered a PG for the 2nd unit but nevermind. I believe he has a huge issue in making his teammates better as a PG, but I might be missing something

TBpup likes this.