Merged: The Draft Thread For Stuff About The Draft Including Thoughts About The Draft

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by TBpup, Apr 25, 2017.

1. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Charlotte wins & Orlando with the 2nd pick, & Suns with 3rd.

TBpup likes this.
  2. JDC

JDC Well-Known Member

My hope is Philly somehow ends up with 2 top 4 picks and picks Lonzo Ball and Josh Jackson. Ball / SG / Jackson / Simmons / Embiid would be a fascinating core moving forward, if healthy. Probably would need an elite shooter at that sg spot.

Or imagine if they get Lowry to sign with them...that could be nasty.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    BonesJones likes this.
  3. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Draft Lottery is tonight. If Denver gets lucky tonight and gets a better than expected pick I am gonna be pissed off because I'll assume that could of been us. But getting swept by the Warriors sure was fun and helped our players develop! :beatinto:

4. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

It doesn't really work like that. Maybe if we tanked we'd have been below Denver but also below another team, and it wouldn't have been us. Feck knows. They have about 1% chance of landing top pick and maybe 3% to land a top 3. Barring that, they will be no. 13.

Orion Bailey and BBert like this.
  5. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

I was hoping we'd finish 9th, like Denver did. So if Denver moves up, then I'm going to assume that could of been us.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    THE HCP likes this.
  6. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

Jonah Bolden is a versatile, mostly unknown Aussie PF that looks interesting, he left UCLA to plat in Serbia in a pro league. Looks like a new NBA stretch 4 type who can shoot well and has other skills, could be a good fit next to Nurk. Hers is a link to a thread with some good video on him. He's 6'10 with a 7'4" wingspan. Be interesting to see if the Blazers work him out

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/2017-draft-sleepers.281847/page-2

7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

My two perfect draft ideas:

Idea 1: We somehow get Zach Collins at #15, he develops like people think he will and becomes a monster of a power forward who can stretch the floor, rebound and defend. We take Justin Jackson who falls to #20 and he takes our small forward position. Harry Giles falls to #26 and his knees are actually fine, he becomes our PF/C combo and is a star he was supposed to be.

Idea 2: We take Anonuby at #15, he learns to shoot slightly better and keeps on being good defensively. We get Isaiah Hartenstein at #20, he develops into a fine stretch forward who knocks threes and rebounds. We take Ike Anigbogu at #26, he bulks up even more and is a monster of a center.

A combination of Ferguson, Patton/Allen and Leaf would also be nice.

8. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I don't get it.

Was the Blazers management, after the Nurkic trade, supposed to tell the coaches and players to lose games on purpose? Should the Blazers have traded for Nurk and then parked him on the bench, the way he was treated in Denver, in order to keep from winning games? Were the Blazers supposed to hang onto Plumlee, and not trade for Nurkic, so they could MAYBE move up in the lottery?

None of those options make sense to me. The Blazers traded for a player who made the team better. It was a good trade. As a result, they moved maybe 5 places down in the draft order. It's a good trade-off. Complaining that the team didn't tank hard enough is nonsensical.

9. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    He is an interesting prospect. Shot 41% on threes in the Adriatic league and over 7 rebounds in about 25 minutes a game. Seems to be pretty good defender in the videos.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonah-Bolden-72870/

10. UKRAINEFAN

un-retired
    I don't think any of the tankers (myself being one) were against the Nurkic trade. And I think a lot of us left the tank mode after he started doing so well. BUT, when he got injured, that was when we wished the Blazers had done everything possible to lose those last few games, get us into the lottery. Sure it would have only made one or two places difference in our top pick and a very small chance of getting a top 3, but small chance is better than none.

THE HCP, BBert and BoBoBREWSKI like this.
  11. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

+1

12. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

He diffently has a great stroke and he should get drafted this year. Yes Olshey should bring him in and take a look. Offensely he fits Stotts system and might be good pick at 26 for us. I didn't see enough defense from him to say anything about that at this time. But offensely he has very good game.

13. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Portland losing more games in April would have had no impact on the eventual position of the Cleveland or Memphis picks.

BonesJones and Orion Bailey like this.
  14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Huh? How does how we finish affect the draft position of the Memphis and Cleveland picks?

15. UKRAINEFAN

un-retired
    Oh ye
    oh yeh, I guess I am a little delirious today.

BonesJones and Orion Bailey like this.
  16. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

be nice if we could talk more about the future (draft picks) then keep regurgitating the past, sheesh

17. UKRAINEFAN

un-retired
    Maybe it would have changed our luck? :)

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  18. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Holy crap! Yeah, this is just a pre-draft workout against tiny dudes, but to see a dude at 6'10", 240 with a 7'6" wingspan handle the ball like Thomas Bryant does in this video...man, I could definitely see this dude as our starting PF. Could be a steal at 26.

19. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

How good is TJ Leaf? I have seen him all over the place in mock drafts, some even mentioning him in the lottery. It seems like he is a very good shooter, quite strong, how is he at rebounding and defence?

Power forward is the position I am most excited about because of how many good prospects there are in the draft and how much we need improvement in that position. Small forward also but I think our only two choice there are Anonuby and Jackson and we will probably take whichever of them is available at 15 or 20. I guess if OG is there at 15 and Z. Collins is not, we take him. If Z. Collins is there, we take him. If Anonuby is still there at 20 (he won't be), we take him, and if not we take Jackson - unless he's also gone, at which point it's Ferguson or another big.

20. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Yea but his career was so short.