The Jaguars might have gotten the 2 best players in the NFL Draft

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by truebluefan, Apr 30, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

No one is having more fun this weekend than Gus Bradley.

The Jaguars' fourth-year head coach, along with GM Dave Caldwell, is having a true dream draft, and through two rounds the duo has seen an improbable series of events transpire. According to Adam Schefter, the team debated whether to take Myles Jack or Jalen Ramsey with the fifth pick. They took Ramsey, but ended up with Jack after all.

It was a surprise in the first place that Jalen Ramsey even fell to the fifth overall pick. When he did, I presume that Bradley and Caldwell debated taking Myles Jack for a moment, then quickly wrote their pick on the card and spent the next 9½ minutes high-fiving in the war room, waiting for the Ramsey pick to get announced.

In Ramsey, they get a combination of Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson, a shut-down caliber cornerback that should start for them from day one, just as he did at Florida State. That talent on the outside affects everything on the defense, and as I wrote last night, could give the Jaguars a capstone type of player -- someone whose presence provides stability and structure to all the pieces they've accumulated.

Well, I thought that until the Jags traded up in the second round to select Myles Jack, who might actually be that capstone style player.

- See more at: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/29/11542008/2016-nfl-draft-jaguars-grades-myles-jack-jalen-ramsey