The Lebron Pipedream

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The_Lillard_King, Sep 16, 2008.

1. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

OK, it's offseason so bear with me.

Lebron is tripping out in Cleavland. He was seen wearing a yankee cap, has a reputaion for not being in love with the city and his latest incident was hanging out with the Cowboys during preseason when they were playing the Clevland Browns.

Braylon Edwards speaketh the truth:

“LeBron (James) isn’t a Cleveland guy. LeBron only plays for the Cavaliers, and who knows if he even likes the Cavaliers? He doesn’t like the Indians. He doesn’t like the Browns.”

Lebron enters another NBA season where the cavs have again made changes to be competitive. But if midway through the season it turns out the Cavs are not very good, I think the handwriting on the wall is Lebron will walk at the end of 2010 season. If Lebron is going to walk, doesn't Clevland mamagement try to trade their disgruntled star to help rebuild the cav team. I mean you can get a lot of talent and youth for Lebron . . . enter the Blazers who have more expendable talented youth than any other team.

A package of Roy, Rudy, Outlaw, Raef (expiring contract to make it all work) and first round pick in 2009 and 2011.

Alright, I'll top dreaming . . . but after getting Oden, I figure Blazer fans are judtified in dreaming a little.

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    LeBron was a phenom as a high schooler in the Cleveland area. It's his home. He was so big a deal they made a cable TV channel for his team's games.

If it's about money, he'll go to NY or LA, and anyone that trades for him is going to lose him in 2010.

On the other hand, Cleveland is in seriously good cap space shape for 2010 themselves, with guys like Ben Wallace coming off the books. They could conceivably sign a top FA to add to the team to make LeBron even happier.

3. The_Lillard_King

The one big factor I didn't put into my pipedream is that Lebron, being Lebron, can pick where he wants to go and Ptd would not be on that list.

I know Lebron is a local product and such a big star that fans will overlook the Dallas stunt. But it sure doesn't seem like LJ is crazy about Cleveland and I see why teams are gearing up for the Lebron sweepstakes in 2010.

If the Blazers traded for him (which is a pipedream) it would have to include a max contract extention with the trade. Only reason I like to dream is that Blazers have a GM that likes to wheel and deal and an owner who can be talked into spending lots of cash

4. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I love Roy, but I wouldn't make the trade you offered if I were GM in Cleveland.

5. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Lebron in a Blazers jersey would be pretty sweet, but like you said it's a pipedream. I could see Kobe in a portland jersey before Lebron, Kobe's ego wants to win titles, and his best chance after next year will be with Portland :ghoti:

6. The_Lillard_King

I thought Blazer fans would think I was giving up too much, so I'm glad to hear the other side.

I have not talked myself into this being any kind of reality, but the whole idea is founded upon Cleveland looking to dump Lebron before he walks . . . isn't that usually where you can get a deal. Besides by trade deadline, you are going to love Rudy too. : )

Aldridge and Roy for a Lebron (who has signed a 7 year contract extention)?

7. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    The biggest problem with LeBron coming to this team is we're not built to have this team led by a superstar. We're more like five fingers that form a fist. We have the rare attribute that our best players care more about wins than personal accolades. We Blazer fans have seen what happens when you ignore chemistry; why would we repeat our past mistakes?

Let the cake bake. It's going to be delicious.

8. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    No GM can trade LeBron and keep their job, even if James is the one to force the issue. Cleveland fans would set the Cuyahoga on fire and throw you in it.

9. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    I wouldn't trade Brandon Roy straight across for Lebron James. Not because I think Brandon is better, but because I have two years emotionally invested in his success with this team, and I'm not about to sacrifice that to watch one player and four other guys play basketball, no matter how many games we'd win.

10. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    At some point LeBron, Cleveland management, and the the Cavs fanbase may come to realize that they've got a Minnesota/Garnett situation on their hands. Only this time Garnett (LeBron) decides he doesn't want to waste the best years of his life waiting for the GM to pull his head out of his ass, and demands a trade.

In such an instance, the GM's career is over anyway as soon as LeBron demands the trade. Seriously, what's the GM's counter-argument? "I got him Ben Wallace! What more does he want?"

You fire the GM, and if LeBron is still pissed off you tell the new GM he gets to trade LeBron for the best piece imaginable. It's a win-win. Ownership wins because they can claim they are moving forward. The new GM wins because he gets a fresh start and a fantastic trading chip.

Well, the old GM loses. But let's face it, somebody has to play scapegoat. And just judging by what LeBron has had for teammates, he's already a loser.

11. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I'd be looking at the deal that the Lakers gave Milwaukee for Kareem.

12. mook

I understand all about true love. I love my wife and wouldn't trade her for Angelina Jolie.

However, if I could trade my wife for two exact copies of my wife, I'd be nuts not to.

I'd have one for doing domestic work and the other could do the sexy time. They could take shifts, so nobody felt left out.

And a menage a trois without ANY guilt? Sign me up.

In summary:

Roy good.

LeBron way better.

Sex with cloned hot spouses best.

13. mook

Oh. I said "ass" and it didn't turn into little stars. I like this site.

ass ass ass

Just testing.

14. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    assclown assclown assclown

just testing.

(Not directed at you, it's just a good word to know)

15. mook

no problem.

assclown.

16. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Lakers are going to trade Kobe for Lebron in Kobe's option after this season. Kobe will be insulted and go there because the team left for him will still be good. Lebron gets to go to a major market without taking a pay cut. Cavs will do it because they are losing Lebron no matter what, this way they still stay big time.Mark it down.

17. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

yeah maybe you should mark it down since you are so convinced it will happen. i wouldnt waste the scrap of paper myself.

good to see you here man!

18. mook

If it weren't the Lakers I would laugh at you.

As it is, I feel like I did right after watching Steven Seagal's "The Fire Down Below" and somebody whispered, "You know, he's got a an Easy Listening guitar album too." It was so horrible that it had to be true.

And it was:
    [​IMG]

19. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

u2...and the only thing that would stop that is Kobe NOT letting his ego get the best of him :)

20. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

You are a wise man :devilwink:

btw...lolololol