The new phins coach & why

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Thoth, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I have been brainstorming about what Miami should do regarding the coaching situation. It dawned on me while at lunch today.

The Dwo, the media, and everyone else have thrown out many names. My latest suggestion is; Chris Heimerdinger who is currently the Titans offensive co-ordinator as the new head coach. He has done wonderfully w/ Tennessee with a team known for its power running game and little else. Granted, McNair is a better QB than what the phins have now. But, Miami?s WR corps are better than Tennessee?s and have more upside IMO. I suggest that Norv be retained as offensive co-ordinator.

As for Defensive co-ordinator, 3 possibilities exist; first, Bring in Gregg Williams who was the Titans defensive co-ord & more than likely will be fired as Buffalo?s head coach. Second, Jerry Gray (Bills D co-ord & formerly Tennessee secondary coach), & third, Gunther Cunnigham who the Chiefs coach prior to Schottenheimer and is currently the Titans LB coach. The Titans and the modified 46 scheme which Fisher learned from Buddy Ryan. Further, its an aggressive D and can be easily adapted to the dolphins current philosophy & personnel. What better way to stick to not only a divisional rival but possibly a conference rival as well?

2. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Why don't you get samari rolle, Steve McNair and Eddie george for shits and giggles? I'm just messin with ya BA. It's sounds like you have alot of respect for the titans though and deservedly so. They have been one of the better coached teams for sometime now. The only thing I cna say I don't agree with is your receivers being better. IMO you have 1 receiver and that is obviously chambers. After that your shotty at best. If you gonna count TE in that group McMichael is solid as well. Here is the matchup of the receivers on both teams,

Chambers 55 810 10 td's
    Mason 89 1213 6

Thompson/Mcknight 46 611 2 td's
    McCareins 46 789 7 td's

Bennet (8 games) 31 488 4 td's

All are young receivers besides Mason but he seems to be just hitting his stride the last two seasons. Don't forget a young tyrone Calico (18 297 4td's) who has shown flashes this season that he could be a good one.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

No worries Pats37. I appreciate the numbers breakdown. The sad thing is that Miamio could've drafted Calico instead of Eddie Moore. I'm not saying Moore was a bad pick. I think it was decent and only time will tell.

Kearse is a free agent and he is the one Titan I would love to have. The Dolphins need a third TE and Frank Wycheck would be great.

I wonder what would've happened had Miami gone after and gotten O'Donnell instead of Griese?

The purpose of my original post was really to stick it to Buffalo.