The official Allen Iverson thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BuLLzDoMaIn, Dec 8, 2006.

1. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

New York Post - Allen Iverson went to team president Billy King this past Tuesday and demanded to be traded, according to two agents whose clients play for the 76ers. GM Billy King is attempting to accomodate the request as quickly as possible, according to two general managers that spoke with the Sixers' boss. "If you know your leader doesn't care, how are we supposed to play with the guy?" steamed a teammate to his agent. According to the same agent, Iverson reportedly told King he likes Maurice Cheeks as a person "but not as a coach." Mark Kizla of the Denver Post reports that a source informed him that the Nuggets are interested in Iverson.

2. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

3. CRaZy_KiCkz

CRaZy_KiCkz BBW Elite Member

yeah is this an actual story? or just some guy trying to stir something up? if its true, damn I cant wait to see where he goes

4. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

5. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

not surprised. I knew he was gonna demand a trade sooner or later. the sixers blow and are not gonna get any better. no one significant is injured and they still suck with iverson. iverson deserves better than that, hopefully he gets traded to a contender like the knicks................ :shifty2: pause.

6. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

come to the Celtics A.I please

7. Noah

Noah BBW Member

So long as he doesn't go to Denver, Indiana, New York, Houston or San Antonio I'd be alright.

8. tmgbball15

tmgbball15 BBW Elite Member

Thank god, Ai finally saw that he was not going anywhere in Philly and realized that he had to be traded. Hopefully he goes to a team that can actually allow him to have a shot at a title. Although I feel bad for philly I saw that they had this coming, they did nothing to improve the team, so it was obvious that AI would leave.

9. niall2doc

niall2doc BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Dec 8 2006, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>New York Post - Allen Iverson went to team president Billy King this past Tuesday and demanded to be traded, according to two agents whose clients play for the 76ers. GM Billy King is attempting to accomodate the request as quickly as possible, according to two general managers that spoke with the Sixers' boss. "If you know your leader doesn't care, how are we supposed to play with the guy?" steamed a teammate to his agent. According to the same agent, Iverson reportedly told King he likes Maurice Cheeks as a person "but not as a coach." Mark Kizla of the Denver Post reports that a source informed him that the Nuggets are interested in Iverson.</div>melo and ai in the same team :shok: this is huge news imagine he went to like the lakers wow

10. Devlin

Devlin BBW Elite Member

He deserved the trade, he definitely sin't going to achieve anything with the 6ers, he is basicly a good player on a bad team.

11. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Finally...trade rumors that we can talk about and really take seriously. I'm pretty suprised by all of this and that he did it so early in the season. It will be interesting to see where he goes.

12. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

hahah, I cant wait to see iversonfan's reaction to this..I called it..I knew that the sixers are going nowhere, and because Iverson is getting pretty old as a basketball player, he knows that he needs to be in a winning scenario before his game starts to degress.Let the sweepstakes begin!

13. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Danny Ainge: get something done!!! Danny had a deal on the table on draft night, but decided to pull out. But, now that he demanded a trade, his value goes down a tiny bit. Maybe he can get him cheaper now?DANNY AINGE: Trade anybody and anything for Allen Iverson except Paul Pierce (obviously, that would be pointless) and Gerald Green.[​IMG]Looks good doesn't it?

14. KWebb5

KWebb5 BBW Member

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial">Kobe and AI would never work, both score with the ball in there hands, not off the ball. 'Melo is a good off the ball scorer, so that could possibly work. But I think the best fit would be Boston. Pierce and Walker both did some things there and Pierce is the kind of guy who wouldn't get pissed if his shot attempts went down. But here's the big question, what are the Sixers going to get in return? They already have young, capable guards, but need a true post. Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, and Delonte' West I would gladly accept for Iverson at this point if I was the Sixers. All three of those guys are going to be very good players in the league down the road, and thats what the Sixers are looking to do right now, build.</span></span>

15. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Pierce and AI would workI dont know if I were the Celtics I would trade Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes AND Delonte Westid rather trade likeAl Jefferson, Delonte West and a 07 1st rounder (we have 2 of them I think)id probably wanna do a 3-team deal so that we don't have to give up a third playerI would die if Ryan Gomes left..haha

16. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Good for Iverson, He should have demanded a trade a long time ago. Billy King never made any valid changes to get him help, This is huge news.I don't see Denver having the pieces to bring Iverson in, Maybe if we added Marcus Camby, Andre Miller, and JR Smith into a deal. I'm not sure.

17. CB4allstar

I could see him going to the Clippers.I just did a trade on realgm..Iverson + Kyle Korver + Willie Green + 2nd for Sam Cassell, Corey Maggette, and Cuttino MobleyClippers starting lineup:PG-Allen IversonSG-Kyle KorverSF-Quinton RossPF-Elton BrandC-Chris Kaman76ers starting lineup:PG-Sam CassellSG-Andre IguodalaSF-Corey MaggettePF-Chris WebberC-Sam Dalembert6th man: Cuttino MobleyThoughts?

18. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Dec 8 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Al Jefferson, Delonte West and a 07 1st rounder (we have 2 of them I think)</div>Well, you would have to add one of Wally or Theo to make salaries work. But yeah we can't give up BOTH Al Jefferson and Ryan Gomes in a deal, we need to keep one of them, no doubt. I would do something like:Either Gomes or Al (don't make me decide lol), Delonte (just doesn't fit here anymore), Wally or Theo (I would obviously prefer Theo), Tony Allen, and a future 1st rounder for Allen Iverson and like Steven Hunter.But I don't like talking about trade ideas like this, but that is about reasonable. Philly gets a guard that would feel comfortable there, a good young PF, a pick, a good young defensive guard, and one of Wally or Theo. Wally would be nice for them over Theo, considering Wally would actually play haha, but Theo's contract runs out sooner so they could use that for cap relief big time.Celtics LineupC: Kendrick Perkins / Steven Hunter / Michael OlowokandiPF: Ryan Gomes or Al Jefferson / Brian Scalabrine / Leon PoweSF: Paul Pierce / Wally Szczerbiak / Gerald GreenSG: Gerald Green / Wally Szczerbiak / Allen IversonPG: Allen Iverson / Sebastian Telfair / Rajon Rondo / Allan RayThat would be awesome. Gerald could get decent minutes and Wally would be a legit 3rd option and the best 6th man in the NBA.I really just don't want to trade Gerald Green, I'm very high on him.

19. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Clippers starting lineup:PG-Allen IversonSG-Kyle KorverSF-Quinton RossPF-Elton BrandC-Chris Kaman</div>Actually, I think the line-up would look like this:PG- Shaun LivingstonSG- Allen IversonSF- Quinton RossPF- Elton BrandC- Chris Kamen1. Iverson isn't a point guard anymore, Although he's very capable of playing it well2. The Clippers are playing great basketball when Livingston is in the starting line-up. Kyle Korver would not start, He would add shooting off the bench.3. Solid trade idea.

20. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Dec 8 2006, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, I think the line-up would look like this:PG- Shaun LivingstonSG- Allen IversonSF- Quinton RossPF- Elton BrandC- Chris Kamen1. Iverson isn't a point guard anymore, Although he's very capable of playing it well2. The Clippers are playing great basketball when Livingston is in the starting line-up. Kyle Korver would not start, He would add shooting off the bench.3. Solid trade idea.</div>Ok, either way..