The Official: Yi Jianlian Thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by BrewCityBuck, Jul 2, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I'm cleaning this board up. Everything involving Yi Jianlian, except real news involving him will be put in this thread. There are simply too many Yi Jianlian threads and it's making a mess.

2. BrewCityBuck

Why did Larry Harris have to do this? This makes our franchise look pathetic. With Yi Jianlian, the only problem we solved was depth in the paint, and everything with him is up in the air. Right now, I'd be happier if we picked up Joakim Noah because he brings everything Yi doesn't, which is everything we need.

3. poorgeorge

poorgeorge BBW Member

as I said before to my friends, Yi's agent doesn't like the pick, the bucks needs a 3, and Feigan do want him to play in a city with heavy Asian influence.I, as a chinese fan, dont think it's a win-win situation.

4. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

What really makes me mad is this is something your not supposed to be able to control. I wasnt a big fan of basketball when Francis wouldnt go to Vancouvor so this somewhat new to me, but the way it should work, Yi has to go to Milwaukee. If he doesn't want to play for them, take his ass back to China. PTI said a statistic that said Houston only had 1% Chinese population when Yao went there, so why cant Yi go to Milwaukee? I think its a bad decision on the Bucks part(but they may have done it purposely to trade him) and it look really bad for Yi Jianlian cause I personaly already dont like him...even if its his agent whos making this into a big deal and not particularly Yi. When you enter yourself into a draft, in the NBA, you have to go by the standard and go where you were picked...not where you want.

5. poorgeorge

poorgeorge BBW Member

I as well as many guys in china already believe things are getting a little worse till now. I do think Yi should respect the bucks and their sincerity. not every rookie can enjoy so much attention and hospitality from the franchise they've been picked.though personally I dont like this pick...anyway, I suggest Yi open up a media conference in person and announce that Feigan has been fired and he's more than willing to play for the bucks, 'coz by far he hasnt done much on that due to the tight schedule. we didnt get whether he would really go to the bucks or agree with his agent's behavior.what a pity...things arent supposed to be like that.

6. SerbBojo

SerbBojo BBW Member

man if I was him id rather go to a city with a smaller asian population than go to Chicago or some other big city. At least if he stays with the Bucks he'll have a little more privacy compared to others in bigger cities.He hasnt even entered the league and hes already making a bad name for himself. Also he happened to play a game I believe yesterday in the 19 and under league and he only scored 15pts and 8rbs, which is pretty sad in my opinion when hes playing against a bunch of other 19 and 18yr olds.

7. poorgeorge

poorgeorge BBW Member

to my disappointment, too, though he had this beautiful move yesterday.anyway, he might get a little tired because of what's happening.I'm actually worried 'bout the making-a-bad-name thing, he should fire Feigan, I dont like his agent at all. he's making troubles rather than bringing benefit to both Yi and the NBA.wtf~<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SerbBojo @ Jul 2 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>man if I was him id rather go to a city with a smaller asian population than go to Chicago or some other big city. At least if he stays with the Bucks he'll have a little more privacy compared to others in bigger cities.He hasnt even entered the league and hes already making a bad name for himself. Also he happened to play a game I believe yesterday in the 19 and under league and he only scored 15pts and 8rbs, which is pretty sad in my opinion when hes playing against a bunch of other 19 and 18yr olds.</div>

8. Perseus

Perseus BBW Member

maybe u are right,but the trouble was brought by his agent and some big sport companies,not Yi.They think it's worthy for.

9. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

BCB I'd bet money on it that it was more about money!Imagine the extra money the bucks will make if 4million chinease buy YI's jersey, bucks merchandise etc.They knew that he didn't want to go there but the lure of so much extra $$ was obiously too much to resist!

10. KnicksGmenYanks

KnicksGmenYanks BBW Member

[​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Sports Illustrated -Yi Jianlian's Chinese agent says he's talking to other teams about a possible trade away from Milwaukee.Yi, the Bucks' top pick, has refused to talk about the prospect of playing for Milwaukee after he was picked sixth overall in last week's NBA draft.However, Yi's agent Zhao Gang was quoted as telling the official China Daily newspaper that he was already in contact with other franchises that have expressed an interest in the 19-year-old power forward."His representatives and I won't sit here and do nothing just because he was picked by Milwaukee," Zhao was quoted as saying."We are considering Yi's future at the Bucks and are looking at trade possibilities," Zhao said.</div>

11. BrewCityBuck

I don't give a sh*t how many Asians are in a f*cking city, you enter the draft, you go where your f*cking picked. Why the hell does Yi have to be in a city with lots of Asians anyway? Between going to China, working out for the team, practising and traveling, he's never going to see them anyway. You don't see Ronnie Brewer on draft night, "Well, I'm dissapointed, I want to go to a state with a heavy black population." Most Bucks fans are just sick of this nonsense, it's getting to the point where we want Harris fired, this makes our franchise look pathetic.

12. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Trade his ass out the country. He has no right to be demanding this kind of status.

13. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Milwaukee Bucks</div> :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA:

14. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

15. BrewCityBuck

I was implying that the Bucks are a joke.

16. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Yi is a bum. Why cant he just be happy that he was drafted and give thanks to the Bucks by being loyal and play? Not a great start in terms of getting to know him as a person.

17. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

its not him, its his representatives, and the chinese government. they are looking to make money out of this.

18. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junot111 @ Jul 3 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>its not him, its his representatives, and the chinese government. they are looking to make money out of this.</div>True. They pulled him out of the draft last year, not him and his agent. Sounds like he pretty much belongs to the Chinese Government.Anyway, anybody actually think Milwaukee is going to deal this guy?

19. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

I have a feeling yi actually wants to play for milwaukee.this could be much more than just basketball we're talkin about here [​IMG]

20. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Yi is such an ass. Who the f*ck demands a trade after being drafted? Hes not even signed to a contract for f*ck sakes. I seriously hope this guy busts because of his sh*tty attitude, thats no way to conduct yourself in a professional league.