The Price is Right in ATL

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by JustBry07, Jun 4, 2005.

1. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It seems that the Price is right

By Adam Schefter
    Special to NFL.com

(June. 3, 2005) -- After internal discussions about what to do with wide receiver Peerless Price, the Falcons have decided to try to keep him on the roster and restructure his contract. Talks already are underway, and both sides have incentive for finalizing the deal.

Price wants to stay in Atlanta and continue working for the upstart franchise. The Falcons want to keep Price, who has had worked hard this offseason by getting in great shape and catching most every pass thrown his way. Now the two sides need to come to an agreement on what to do with Price's base salary. It seems likely that Price will provide the Falcons with some cap relief for the chance to remain in Atlanta.</div>

Wow, it is just really refreshing to see a guy willing to give up some pay just to stay and play for a team. I'm pretty sure Dunn restructured his contract so that Hartwell could be brought in as well earlier this off-season. With all this BS going on with T.O. and the Eagles right now it is nice to see that some players in the NFL still have some class.

Looks like Price will be sticking around, I know I haven't been a very big Price supporter but by the sounds of things the off-season has went well so far for him and the team. I hope to see some nice improvements in Vick and Price this upcoming season as well as the entire offense.

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

The Falcons are realizing what worked for the Patriots...keeping the team together and sometimes playing for less money in order to stay with a contender.

T.O. should take note...

3. tko51

tko51 nfl-*****s member

peerless is mediocre at best - he had Moulds on the other side in Buffalo and Atlanta bit on him being an elite reciever - they had to be dissapointed with his performance - if you were a D coordinator - who would you double team? Moulds or Price - you gotta go Moulds all the way he's not much slower then Price, but he's a hell of a lot more physical - I'm glad TD didn't overpay for price's services.

4. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'>peerless is mediocre at best - he had Moulds on the other side in Buffalo and Atlanta bit on him being an elite reciever - they had to be dissapointed with his performance - if you were a D coordinator - who would you double team? Moulds or Price - you gotta go Moulds all the way he's not much slower then Price, but he's a hell of a lot more physical - I'm glad TD didn't overpay for price's services.</div>

Thank you. There you have the truth about Price, and its even from a Bills fan.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Price will do better when Roddy White devolps into a good reciever, he is gonna take the heat off Price

6. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Price would be fine with a QB....if he came to NE he would have lit it up...its hard to make plays when your QB is running in circles....

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Price needs a solid #1 reciever playing on the other side of him. Even when he had Bledsoe he only had ONE good year.

Again people put the blame on Vick but he has played ONE year with Mike Vick. Which they had a new offense to learn.

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Vick will learn how to throw the ball effectivly next year. He has come a long way last year in passing the ball in the west coast system. He still hasnt proved that he can beat teams with his arm, but he will some time learn to pass more than he runs, which will give price more receptions

9. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Price needs a solid #1 reciever playing on the other side of him. Even when he had Bledsoe he only had ONE good year.

Again people put the blame on Vick but he has played ONE year with Mike Vick. Which they had a new offense to learn.</div>

And price only played 1 season with a real QB in Bledsoe (who I'm not saying is great anymore but that season he was) and he blew up...nevermind when Vick was out he almost had a 1,000 yard season with a back up QB in Doug Johnson... please don't ignore the fact he can't throw the ball...whether they win on defense and running the football don't blame price for not getting looked at when his QB has no idea who he should be delivering the ball too...

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

So you would sacrifice a winning record for Price to have a 1000 yard year with Doug Johnson. That is what it sounds like. You seem to be very confused.

Price has 1 good year and you think he is elite. hmmmmmmmm
    Vick played with Price for 1 year while they were learning a new offensive system and you blame Price's struggles on Vick and Vick alone.hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Do you really think Vick has no clue what he is doing out there. That makes no sense since if that were so the Falcons wouldn't be a playoff team when he is starting for them.hmmmmmmmmmm

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

It not vicks fault, Crumpler caught all those balls because he is huge and always seems to get open, that what Price needs to do is to try some new moves to throw those CBs off him

12. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>So you would sacrifice a winning record for Price to have a 1000 yard year with Doug Johnson. That is what it sounds like. You seem to be very confused.

Vick played with Price for 1 year while they were learning a new offensive system and you blame Price's struggles on Vick and Vick alone.hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Do you really think Vick has no clue what he is doing out there. That makes no sense since if that were so the Falcons wouldn't be a playoff team when he is starting for them.hmmmmmmmmmm</div>

So since you have no concept of what I said you type alot of hmmmmm so we know you pulled the gerbil out get that wheel running again .....ok I'm done.....no use talking to someone that puts words in someone elses mouth....if you can point out where I said I would sacrafice winning for one receiver to have a 1,000 yard season and that price was elite I'll continue to converse with you.....

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>So you would sacrifice a winning record for Price to have a 1000 yard year with Doug Johnson. That is what it sounds like. You seem to be very confused.

Do you really think Vick has no clue what he is doing out there. That makes no sense since if that were so the Falcons wouldn't be a playoff team when he is starting for them.hmmmmmmmmmm</div>

So since you have no concept of what I said you type alot of hmmmmm so we know you pulled the gerbil out get that wheel running again .....ok I'm done.....no use talking to someone that puts words in someone elses mouth....if you can point out where I said I would sacrafice winning for one receiver to have a 1,000 yard season and that price was elite I'll continue to converse with you.....</div>

Honestly I am sick of arguing over something as pointless as Mike Vick playing QB. He plays QB and they win games that is all I care about. If Vick lost games then I would call for a change but he doesn't.

Pretty much you all are putting Price's failure as a #1 wideout in the league on Vick. Which shows you guys aren't thinking. Vick is a GOOD QB. There is a difference between GOOD and GREAT but Vick wins games and is amazing athlete which is why he is an Elite player. He isn't a BUST. He still has potential at QB. Your complaining about hmmmmmmm is just a way for you to try to get out of the fact that you no your wrong for putting Price's as a #1 failure all on Vick.

What makes me more sick are fans who are sick of teams that are at the top. A lot of people hate the Eagles,Falcons and Pats because they win games. Now I know not all people are like that. You of course being a Pats fan. Based on the Falcons sucess with Vick at QB why would they change QB. When the Vikings lost in the NFC Title game in 2000 I don't remember people saying throw out Culpepper. When McNabb lost to the Rams I don't remember throw out McNabb. Both of those guys have emerged into the best NFC QB's in the game. You think if Vick plays a couple more years and continues to win and maybe Whtie or Jenkins emerges as a top wideout he won't get better. Then people(I am not talking just about you pats you are one of the better ones) try to say well there is no way they win a SB with Vick at QB. Well if Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win a SB with a SOLID Defense I think Mike Vick could manage.

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Vick is great because he wins games, as long as your winning games you are a good QB. Tom Brady wouldnt be good if the patriots went 1-15. Tom Brady is so great because he does enough to win games. Brady does it through the air, Vick does some through the air and some on the ground. It is just different styles both both win games

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>So you would sacrifice a winning record for Price to have a 1000 yard year with Doug Johnson. That is what it sounds like. You seem to be very confused.

I think you should read Pats37 post again. He made some great points and he never said anything about sacrificing wins for a WR to get 1,000 yards.

16. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Honestly I am sick of arguing over something as pointless as Mike Vick playing QB. He plays QB and they win games that is all I care about. If Vick lost games then I would call for a change but he doesn't.

Pretty much you all are putting Price's failure as a #1 wideout in the league on Vick. Which shows you guys aren't thinking. Vick is a GOOD QB. There is a difference between GOOD and GREAT but Vick wins games and is amazing athlete which is why he is an Elite player. He isn't a BUST. He still has potential at QB. Your complaining about hmmmmmmm is just a way for you to try to get out of the fact that you no your wrong for putting Price's as a #1 failure all on Vick.

What makes me more sick are fans who are sick of teams that are at the top. A lot of people hate the Eagles,Falcons and Pats because they win games. Now I know not all people are like that. You of course being a Pats fan. Based on the Falcons sucess with Vick at QB why would they change QB. When the Vikings lost in the NFC Title game in 2000 I don't remember people saying throw out Culpepper. When McNabb lost to the Rams I don't remember throw out McNabb. Both of those guys have emerged into the best NFC QB's in the game. You think if Vick plays a couple more years and continues to win and maybe Whtie or Jenkins emerges as a top wideout he won't get better. Then people(I am not talking just about you pats you are one of the better ones) try to say well there is no way they win a SB with Vick at QB. Well if Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win a SB with a SOLID Defense I think Mike Vick could manage.</div>

Your tired? I'd like to get an argument from someone (anyone!) that actually contains some TRUTH and facts rather than some nebulous suggestion that Vick is the sole reason that the Falcons win games and that's all that matters. I guess the notion of someone (anyone!) explaining "how" Michael Vick is responsible for all these wins would take too much time away from admiring post counts and posting "Good post!," to raise those counts, just because someone posted something that you agree with even if it has no substance. The TRUTH is that Vick isn't a good quarterback. His passer rating last year was 78.1 which isn't very good. The responsibility of throwing the forward pass is the QB's and Vick doesn't do that very well. Therefore, the Falcons don't have a consistant enough passing attact to win a championship and that's why teams play this game. Vick is entering his FIFTH season as an NFL football player. Time has run out. He needs to start throwing the football like a starting NFL quarterback right now or move to halfback and let someone who can give the Falcons a consistant passing attack throw the ball.

As for the comments about comment about being sick of fans who are sick of teams who are at the top, I can tell you that while the Dolphins are going through difficult times at the moment, I will put our rich history of winning against that of the Falcons any day of the week. However, I don't hate the Falcons. In fact, I probably admire more Falcon players than the average Falcon supporter. I just feel bad for all of the exceptional Falcon players that continue to get ignored while the whores of media lavish their affection on the golden child, Michael Vick.

17. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Vick is great because he wins games, as long as your winning games you are a good QB. Tom Brady wouldnt be good if the patriots went 1-15. Tom Brady is so great because he does enough to win games. Brady does it through the air, Vick does some through the air and some on the ground. It is just different styles both both win games</div>

Have you looked at brady's production...he is in the top ten in everything and has been in throwing for well over 3,000 yards in the last three seasons...please don't even think of mentioning Vick and Brady in the same breath...Brady has also been in the top 5 TD passes and actually led the league in 2002...while playing in probably, defensively, the toughest division and by far the tougher conference....

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Honestly I am sick of arguing over something as pointless as Mike Vick playing QB. He plays QB and they win games that is all I care about. If Vick lost games then I would call for a change but he doesn't.

What makes me more sick are fans who are sick of teams that are at the top. A lot of people hate the Eagles,Falcons and Pats because they win games. Now I know not all people are like that. You of course being a Pats fan. Based on the Falcons sucess with Vick at QB why would they change QB. When the Vikings lost in the NFC Title game in 2000 I don't remember people saying throw out Culpepper. When McNabb lost to the Rams I don't remember throw out McNabb. Both of those guys have emerged into the best NFC QB's in the game. You think if Vick plays a couple more years and continues to win and maybe Whtie or Jenkins emerges as a top wideout he won't get better. Then people(I am not talking just about you pats you are one of the better ones) try to say well there is no way they win a SB with Vick at QB. Well if Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win a SB with a SOLID Defense I think Mike Vick could manage.</div>

Your tired? I'd like to get an argument from someone (anyone!) that actually contains some TRUTH and facts rather than some nebulous suggestion that Vick is the sole reason that the Falcons win games and that's all that matters. I guess the notion of someone (anyone!) explaining "how" Michael Vick is responsible for all these wins would take too much time away from admiring post counts and posting "Good post!," to raise those counts, just because someone posted something that you agree with even if it has no substance. The TRUTH is that Vick isn't a good quarterback. His passer rating last year was 78.1 which isn't very good. The responsibility of throwing the forward pass is the QB's and Vick doesn't do that very well. Therefore, the Falcons don't have a consistant enough passing attact to win a championship and that's why teams play this game. Vick is entering his FIFTH season as an NFL football player. Time has run out. He needs to start throwing the football like a starting NFL quarterback right now or move to halfback and let someone who can give the Falcons a consistant passing attack throw the ball.

As for the comments about comment about being sick of fans who are sick of teams who are at the top, I can tell you that while the Dolphins are going through difficult times at the moment, I will put our rich history of winning against that of the Falcons any day of the week. However, I don't hate the Falcons. In fact, I probably admire more Falcon players than the average Falcon supporter. I just feel bad for all of the exceptional Falcon players that continue to get ignored while the whores of media lavish their affection on the golden child, Michael Vick.</div>

I don't want to waste my time with someone who uses the comments whores of media and thinks he/she is a football guardian. you don't know what your talking about and you don't have any facts to back it up. I rather argue with BF1 than you. He at least is intresting to debate with. Annoying but he stays to the point. Vick wins games. numbers are the most overrated thing in football.

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Vick is great because he wins games, as long as your winning games you are a good QB. Tom Brady wouldnt be good if the patriots went 1-15. Tom Brady is so great because he does enough to win games. Brady does it through the air, Vick does some through the air and some on the ground. It is just different styles both both win games</div>

Have you looked at brady's production...he is in the top ten in everything and has been in throwing for well over 3,000 yards in the last three seasons...please don't even think of mentioning Vick and Brady in the same breath...Brady has also been in the top 5 TD passes and actually led the league in 2002...while playing in probably, defensively, the toughest division and by far the tougher conference....</div>

I agree with you here. Until Vick wins Super Bowl's he is not ever going to be the QB Brady is. I think you misunderstood Panthers1 though. I am guessing he means that there is no panic in Atlanta at QB because they are winning games. Any team who is 1-15 always looks for a new QB unless they already drafted him or started that season.

20. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

I think the Vick-QB debate is probably the most overplayed discussion on any BB thread.

Vick's ability to throw the ball, his frequency of throwing the ball, his abililty to win games, and the team's ability to win games, are all related but they are different subjects. Fortunately, someone already brought up the Trent Dilfer phenomenon. No one will ever confuse Dilfer with an elite QB, but for at least a season, his team won games with him at the helm. Nothing wrong with that.

This post was about Price originally. Price, like a lot of receivers, had to adjust to being a #1 receiver. There are a lot of reasons why that may have been a struggle. The verdict is still out on Price for a lot of fans, but it is clear that if he is going to be an elite receiver (which in this thread appears to mean big stats), then he is going to have to rely on a change from Vick and their offensive style.

Whether Vick wins games or is a good QB is semi-irrelevant. Blame Vick or blame the offense, but Vick THREW for over 200 yards in only 3 games. He averaged around 160 yards per game. Pats original post more or less said that it is tough to catch passes when your QB is running around in circles. That may or may not still win games, but it won't make Price elite.