The Sonics...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Moo2K4, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Sorry, probably the wrong forum. But, they did win again. Gotta give em props. They're really surprising me. They beat the TWolves, a team that is supposed to be good. But, they've struggled mightily. As they have now dropped to 4-4 and the Sonics improved to 4-1. Anyways, Murray, the boy you guys have been talking up lately, proved why you've been doing by droppin 29 tonight. Tossed in 6 boards and 8 assists also. Lewis added in 11, Barry had 1, and James 14. KG led the way for the TWolves with 26 and 13. Cassell added 15 pts and 13 assts, Spree had 20 points. Full box score link is below.

<font color="Black"><font color="Black"><font color="Black">Box Score</font></font></font>

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Was an amazing performance by Murray...and to hit a game winner with a good defender like Spree in his face was impressive.The way Murray is playing the Sonics/Bucks trade looks like the worst in NBA history (for the Bucks of of course)

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Full game report in the Sonics forum [​IMG] Minnny double and triple teamed Shard all night, and then watched Flip nail a gamewinner in front of their bench. Absolutely beautiful.

4. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Good Showing by Murray he gave fits to one of the better backcourts in the NBA. Gotta give props jst wish it wasnt against Sam.

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Wish? lol, interesting method there Henacy.

West not playing like the beasts of the league so far, ugly.

6. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Guys, let's not give the Sonics too much credit yet. And no, I'm not hating on them (I'm from the Seattle area). But last year we started out 9-2, and we all know how that turned out.

However, if we're playing this well w/o Ray........

7. jbbKing James

How will they use Flip with Ray though? I want both of these guys shooting the rock.

oops, they have Shard too.

It's good to be a Sonic fan now.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Guys, let's not give the Sonics too much credit yet. And no, I'm not hating on them (I'm from the Seattle area). But last year we started out 9-2, and we all know how that turned out.

However, if we're playing this well w/o Ray........</div>

True about last year, but at the same time last year Glove started out with a bang. Teams knew the ball would go through him everytime and they adjusted to it and as a result players like lewis and Barry didn't step uo like they needed too. This year we have an x-factor that no one knows much about in Flip, and 3 other guys on the floor who can all score - not like last year when it went through the same route everytime and teams could plan for that.

9. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">How will they use Flip with Ray though? I want both of these guys shooting the rock.

oops, they have Shard too.

It's good to be a Sonic fan now.</div>

I don't think that they will be used together that much. Flip will eventually become a Bobby Jackson-style player. Instant offense off the bench.

That's not meant to discredit his defensive skills. If he is a good defensive player as well, I'm just oblivious due to the media portrayal of his game.

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Sonics won again tonight. Ronald Murray had 20 points off 8/18 shooting, but, only 3/8 fts. Ouch, that's not good. Shard dominated though. 31 points, 12/19 fgs, 9 boards and 4 assists. Micheal Redd didn't help Milwaukees cause by jacking up 10 threes and only makin 2. I understand he's a good 3 point shooter, but, he needs to learn that when it's not dropping, don't shoot it. Good to see he's got confidence in his shot, but, he has to do something else. But, he did only go 6/23 from the floor, and only 4/13 from inside the arc, so, really, nothing was falling for him at all tonight. Ended with 20 points. Kukoc also tossed in 20 while Thomas had 14. Shard led all scorers though with the 31 points and was 1 of 5 players for Seattle to score in double figs. In fact, the entire starting 5 did. But, good job to the Sonics, props to them, and a hell of a game by Shard.

11. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

If the Sonics keep winning without Ray Allen, I wonder how they will play when Allen gets back. Could it be a case of the "Ewing Theory"?

12. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Moo2K4:</div><div class="quote_post">Sonics won again tonight. Ronald Murray had 20 points off 8/18 shooting, but, only 3/8 fts. Ouch, that's not good. Shard dominated though. 31 points, 12/19 fgs, 9 boards and 4 assists. Micheal Redd didn't help Milwaukees cause by jacking up 10 threes and only makin 2. I understand he's a good 3 point shooter, but, he needs to learn that when it's not dropping, don't shoot it. Good to see he's got confidence in his shot, but, he has to do something else. But, he did only go 6/23 from the floor, and only 4/13 from inside the arc, so, really, nothing was falling for him at all tonight. Ended with 20 points. Kukoc also tossed in 20 while Thomas had 14. Shard led all scorers though with the 31 points and was 1 of 5 players for Seattle to score in double figs. In fact, the entire starting 5 did. But, good job to the Sonics, props to them, and a hell of a game by Shard.</div>

Full recap in Sonics forum.

13. jbbKing James

Thats right people, team forums first please.