The Worst In The NBA?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Belarus, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Belarus

Belarus Member

Realistically, can't beat Knicks without 2 starters (ok Kidd didn't play), can't beat Wiz without Arenas. And effort is just not there. To me, they are the worst. An embarrasment.</p>

2. Jizzy

Jizzy Capo Status

yes, definetly. it's embarrasing, jsut simply...unbeleivable.</p>

3. kissmynenads

kissmynenads Member

not the worst but steadily moving in that direction</p>

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kissmynenads)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

Welcome to S2, kissmynenads! Nice name, haha. If you need anything, PM me!</p>

And yeah, it seems like we're the worst. I mean, at least most teams can actually stay close for a whole game...us, we can't even beat teams without some of their best players. Pretty pathetic.</p>

5. razel231

razel231 Member

Blowing it up is what many fans may be thinking right now. But i am of the mind that management wants to keep the players. Even if you think of blowing it up the only true assets this team has that would bring in something for the future are Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson. I don't see that bringing anything of equal value especially with the way the team is playing. Thorn loves Kidd, Ratners loves VC, and Jefferson is home grown talent. I for one am starting my annual LFrank watch. Changing coaches is always the easiest of moves that can be made by a team.</p>

6. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

We have to be close to it. We cannot say we do not have Marcus or Nenad because they are not that good.</p>

7. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peg182)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kissmynenads)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

Welcome to S2, kissmynenads! Nice name, haha. If you need anything, PM me!</p>

And yeah, it seems like we're the worst. I mean, at least most teams can actually stay close for a whole game...us, we can't even beat teams without some of their best players. Pretty pathetic.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

<font size="1" color="#ff0000">Sorry MNFL but we can't link to the other forum, but it's good to see a familiar face around here for sure! </font></p>

Horribly bad, and way lower than we should be. But not the worst.</p>

8. kissmynenads

kissmynenads Member

thanks for the welcome</p>

</p>

the team usually takes on the attitude of the coach and their captain. right now the coach is lost and the captain is uninspired. so until those two get their acts together we we'll continue to see a team that looks lost and uninspired.I hate to say blow up, but what exactly are we really hanging onto?</p>

9. reganomics813

reganomics813 Get ready for typos!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

We have to be close to it. We cannot say we do not have Marcus or Nenad because they are not that good.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

They don't even have to be that good all they need to be themselves and bring the added dimensions this team is lacking. Not having a backup pg who can run an offense and a low post big who can draw defenders out of the paint are two big losses for our team and has left us with guys who are decent end of bench additions playing way way too many minutes. Yer right we're not getting allstars back but we will be getting back major pieces to our overall puzzle.</p>

</p>

</p>

10. Jizzy

Jizzy Capo Status

this team blows hard</p>

11. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reganomics813)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

They don't even have to be that good all they need to be themselves and bring the added dimensions this team is lacking. Not having a backup pg who can run an offense and a low post big who can draw defenders out of the paint are two big losses for our team and has left us with guys who are decent end of bench additions playing way way too many minutes. Yer right we're not getting allstars back but we will be getting back major pieces to our overall puzzle.</p>

</div></p>

The Nets played their best basketball of the entire season in the second quarter with Vince Carter running the offense with RJ/Boki/Armstrong/Boone.</p>

Carter played incredible basketball on both ends and everyone else - even Boone and Boki - took his lead and got stop after stop against the hapless Wizards bench.</p>

As soon as Kidd came back into the game, the whole tenor changed and nobody played any defense or moved on the offensive end.</p>

The problem is the same as it has been. The role players can't be effective because the team is constructed completely wrong.</p>

Krstic helps that a little when they bother to run plays through him - which isn't that often. Marcus isn't going to help any more than Eddie Gill if they don't fix the real problems first. (In fact, in many games he'll hurt them by trying to do too much offensively, which Gill really can't do)</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

12. Belarus

Belarus Member

let me refrase ghoti = "Trade Kidd!"</p>

13. Kiddisanet

Kiddisanet Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reganomics813)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

They don't even have to be that good all they need to be themselves and bring the added dimensions this team is lacking. Not having a backup pg who can run an offense and a low post big who can draw defenders out of the paint are two big losses for our team and has left us with guys who are decent end of bench additions playing way way too many minutes. Yer right we're not getting allstars back but we will be getting back major pieces to our overall puzzle</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Exactly.</p>

14. ghoti

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Belarus)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

If they do that, it's over. He's the only player good enough to build a championship team around.</p>

But, yeah. I think that might not be true anymore.</p>

In that case, Thorn is just McHale in fancier duds. He wasted a superstar's prime and won no titles.</p>

</p>

15. Belarus

Belarus Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

If they do that, it's over. He's the only player good enough to build a championship team around.</p>

In that case, Thorn is just McHale in fancier duds. He wasted a superstar's prime and won no titles.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

100%</p>

</p>

16. farouq710

farouq710 Member

last time they started 9-11 they won 49 games. I'm sorry but I'd rather wait another month. the rockets don't have that much better of a record and they're not going to blow it up. the only reason why the media gets involved with this blow it up talk is because of our sad excuse of a captain who seems to want to bail EVERY time it looks like the ship is sinking. he did it after kenyon left and he's doing it now. the media thinks that since kidd is looking for a championship then he'd force the nets hand and make them trade him and they're not all that off. if he does get traded and win his championship somewhere else, i don't see how he or any player can get so much joy out of doing it at another city and riding some other great player's coat tails. to me it seems like an empty win. it reaffirms that they couldn't get it done and had to be a supporting player. if kidd gets traded i hope his team ends up just out of the playoffs or loses in the first round. he's pretty selfish for a guy that has as many career assists as he does. i kind of regret buying his jersey last year, i knew i should've gone with RJ.</p>

17. ghoti

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (farouq710)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

i kind of regret buying his jersey last year, i knew i should've gone with RJ.</p>

</div></p>

You should have gone with Buck Williams.</p>

</p>

18. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    A horrible losing season may not be the end of the world or this team as constructed. Get a lot of ping pong balls in the lottery and maybe snag a 4th guy to go along with vince/kidd/jefferson.</p>

</p>

19. farouq710

farouq710 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (farouq710)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

i kind of regret buying his jersey last year, i knew i should've gone with RJ.</p>

</div></p>

You should have gone with Buck Williams.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

i'm too young to appreciate buck, never watched him play in person.</p>

</p>

20. ly_yng

ly_yng Active Member

Robot Mailman

</div></p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

I've been as critical of Thorn as anyone, but come on, he ain't McHale. We're talking about the man who made the franchise relevant again. He's wasted the end of Kidd's career, but he got Kidd in the first place. McHale couldn't have pulled that off in a million years.</p>

With that said, I think we have the worst future of any team in the NBA. Does any franchise have a worse 6-year outlook than us right now? Seriously, name one.</p>