Think I might have to change my handle to LacobHater

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by CohanHater, Mar 6, 2011.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Sorry Joey Lacob, some of us support the team buy buying merchandise and watching every game since 1984 and going to 5 or 6 games a year. I can't afford the time it takes or the overall price of season tickets. I don't think there are more people that are more die-hard than I am. There was a time in High School where every piece of clothing I wore could've had a Warriors logo. I had Dubs shoelaces, shoes, underwear, pants, shirts, sweaters, hats and jackets. I officially hate this man.

2. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

I have been living in London since September, and I have watched all but two games in their entirety. This means that sometimes I have to stay up until 6am to watch them blow it in the 4th quarter. Luckily, I work 3-11pm, so I can afford to do this at at times. But, am I not a real fan? You know damn well he's gonna backpedal. Like I've said before though, I am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on most things up until the start of next season...fuck it, I might even be generous and give him until the end of the 2011 calendar year. The thing is, I kinda feel like we're stuck with him regardless....like we were with Cohan. Hope for the best, but be prepared to riot haha.

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Never fear Lacob. The Flunkster Dude is on it and will get this mess fixed in no time :shitstorm:.

4. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Ok...So I may have to lighten up on Kawakami. Here's his 2nd solid article in a row. He interviewed Lacob after his recent flub.

5. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Kawakami, as self-serving as he seems to be, is an important media person in the Bay Area because he definitely goes against the grain. We need more people like him, but ones that are a little bit more eloquent with their discourse. I like Lowell Cohn a lot, but he doesn't seem to be a very hard worker like Kawakami.

6. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

The only thing is that Lacob fell into to a very special situation here. The Golden State fan-base was ready to anoint whoever their new owner was going to be with sainthood. Lacob strolled into this thing on a red carpet, wearing a white robe. The one thing he better always be grateful for -- owner or not -- are the die-hard fans who have stuck this thing out for so long now and still sell-out the Oracle. We've been here long before Lacob, and we'll be here long after he is gone.

He may have rode in on the wave of over-whelming emotion that is the GS fan-base (looking back I remember him having visual "butterflies" the night he was introduced at Oracle and they did like a 5-minute standing ovation.

But he may have gotten carried away with the emotion when he pointed to the championship banner and promised another one. Let's start with a good trade, and then POs, Joe...

But the point to remember that, he's the beneficiary of all that emotion, but it is coming from all of us fans. Season ticket holders or no. In fact, the majority of the fans that gave him the standing ovation were not season ticket holders.

7. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Very Candid Interview with Lacob talking about the moves that almost happened

8. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    Q: Did you get close at all?
    A: Yeah, we were right in there. That’s a third situation (the Warriors were involved in). But we couldn’t match that offer. Again, it was a first round draft pick and we didn’t have it. We don’t have any first-round draft pick for 2012, so that means you can’t trade your 2011 or 2013. You’re hamstrung because you can’t trade a pick until 2014.

It wasn't real close if you didn't have a first round pick you could afford to trade. A good GM would not have made stupid moves like Larry Riley did and would have gathered additional first and second round picks. You can't just go one or two picks and done in today's NBA unless you get a top 3 pick. One can usually trade first round draft selections early on for another pick if you do a good job in those picks.

-Lacob is puzzled that Robert Rowell isn’t more popular in the Bay Area, with media and fans.

My analysis: Lacob likes Rowell. He listens to him. He believes him and believes in him.

Either that or by some mysterious method, much of what Lacob says is just randomly remiscent of what Rowell has said to defend his own action and many times Lacob goes out of his way excuse Rowell for any perceived misdeeds.

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!! One of the problems with not coming in and just getting rid of the previous staff when they were leeches.

9. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    I wonder if "Lacob likes Rowell" really is what Lacob thinks or if it's just Kawakami's spin on his interpretation of what Lacob said.

I mean, yes, Rowell is still here, but so are a lot of people. Lacob is in "evaluation" mode as he has been saying since inception. So, is it that he likes Rowell or he just can't afford to let him go because he handles so much of the back office dirty work like ticket sales and bringing in other forms revenue?

10. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    I see what you mean. It appears that it's Kawakami's spin, so there is a chance both Rowell and Riley could be gone.

Where did Lacob talk about Riley in the interview so that Kawakami came up with
    -Lacob gives full support for GM Larry Riley.

11. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    The most savvy people lead people one way and then do something completely different. I hear Jim Harbaugh is like this. I don't know about Lacob though. And I don't know about Riley. Both seem kinda honest, in a bad way.

12. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    I've been thinking about this and re-read Kawakami's article on Larry Ellison buying the Hornets and moving them to San Jose. I just may end up becoming a Larry Ellison's Hornets fan. Why? Lacob's team is too much run like Cohan's team.