This article is about me, but it's not (Big Brother)

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by DaRizzle, Oct 8, 2010.

1. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

[​IMG]

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/10/fbi-tracking-device/

So for those who dont know Im 1/2 Iraqi & 1/2 white...just like this kid (worse since Im Iraqi and he is Egyptian)...while I am older I too am currently a student at a university.

The plus side for me is Ive only been to the middle east twice and they were both pre 9/11, and I cant speak Arabic except for several words.

Im going to my garage soon, gonna give my car the once over :confused:

2. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

Unbelievable.

3. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Seriously...I've got nothing to hide (like the other 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999....9% of Americans with middle eastern descent)but damn this makes me feel uneasy

4. bluefrog

bluefrog Go Blazers, GO!

Programmer
    What a shitty thing to do. I wouldn't have given the GPS tracker back. I would have said "Finders keepers, losers weepers"

It sucks that these things have gotten worse under Obama. If he wants to improve relations with Arabs and Muslims then he needs to outlaw these kinds of tracking and wire tapping

5. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of "nothing to hide". This was the argument I got as a Student Senator in high school protesting locker searches, if you have nothing to hide, why do you care?

It's about our right to be left alone so long as we break no laws and harm nobody. What I do in my life is not anyone's business.

6. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Does anyone find it ludicrous that a judge would give a warrant to have the car tracked of someone (forget their heritage for a second) traveled frequently to the middle east, was on the federal watchlist. was a known lifelong associate of a guy who put some "stupid stuff" on his blog, gave financial support to relatives in the middle east, and had an anonymous tip called in on him?

I mean, isn't that what we pay the FBI and the like for? To investigate tips like that, get warrants where they need more info, and then shake a guy's hand at the end and say he doesn't need to call a lawyer, they were just checking on things and he was free to go?

7. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I have no problem with what the FBI did.

8. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Sounds like Jerry Falwell. Didn't he go to the Middle East? And sure wrote a lot of stupid stuff, and was an associate of people who did violent things (like bomb clinics).

9. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

and you'd have a problem if a judge signed a warrant for the FBI to investigate, b/c someone dropped a tip that Falwell was bombing a clinic? Seriously?