Thoughts on TO

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Philly_Freak93, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

as all of you know, i always loved TO, n i supported him alot, n he was my favorite offensive player before he came to philly, but that being said, i havent been here in awhile and my thoughts and opinions on him have changed dramatically. i dont like him anymore, i realized since this whole contract thing happend that every1 was right he is a me player, and selfish. i mean, the guy could have ran for mayor in philly the day after the super bowl and won, he literallly owend each and every person in this city, and what did he do? he did what ppl in this city cant stand more than anything besides not playin hard, he askd for more money. i really hope eagles get rid of him before the season unless he appologizes, cuz i mean, philly hates to types of players, players that dont play hard n dont care(like randy moss) and players that play for themesleves and money(TO), TOs a selfish jerk. just thought id say that cuz my opinion changed since ive been here

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Philly_Freak93)</div><div class='quotemain'>as all of you know, i always loved TO, n i supported him alot, n he was my favorite offensive player before he came to philly, but that being said, i havent been here in awhile and my thoughts and opinions on him have changed dramatically. i dont like him anymore, i realized since this whole contract thing happend that every1 was right he is a me player, and selfish. i mean, the guy could have ran for mayor in philly the day after the super bowl and won, he literallly owend each and every person in this city, and what did he do? he did what ppl in this city cant stand more than anything besides not playin hard, he askd for more money. i really hope eagles get rid of him before the season unless he appologizes, cuz i mean, philly hates to types of players, players that dont play hard n dont care(like randy moss) and players that play for themesleves and money(TO), TOs a selfish jerk. just thought id say that cuz my opinion changed since ive been here</div>

You have seen the light!

3. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Philly_Freak93)</div><div class='quotemain'>as all of you know, i always loved TO, n i supported him alot, n he was my favorite offensive player before he came to philly, but that being said, i havent been here in awhile and my thoughts and opinions on him have changed dramatically. i dont like him anymore, i realized since this whole contract thing happend that every1 was right he is a me player, and selfish. i mean, the guy could have ran for mayor in philly the day after the super bowl and won, he literallly owend each and every person in this city, and what did he do? he did what ppl in this city cant stand more than anything besides not playin hard, he askd for more money. i really hope eagles get rid of him before the season unless he appologizes, cuz i mean, philly hates to types of players, players that dont play hard n dont care(like randy moss) and players that play for themesleves and money(TO), TOs a selfish jerk. just thought id say that cuz my opinion changed since ive been here</div>

Nice to hear you say that Dawk...it just took a year longer than most of us expected for TO to become a problem. Oh and It was too bad you weren't around for the superbowl...we could have gone at it like I did with half of philly in Jacksonville.

4. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Nice to fess up before the "I told you so"s started. I think you painted a perfect picture of the rise and fall of TO in Philly Dawk. It will be interesting to see how the hometown crowd greets him the first game if he stays. Of course, there is a lot of offseason yet to influence that greeting.

I have to say that I feel sorry for you as a fan because it takes you back to square one (a year ago). Truth be told, he has done nothing to the team at this point.....not that I would feel bad for the Eagles team anyway. He did give you one good season in the sun at little cost. I imagine they could recoup that cost if needed, although the salary cap hit would not be recouped. As a fan, though, it sucks, and I wouldn't want the guy on my team. I'm pretty sure the Vikings wouldn't either [​IMG]

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I said after TO was acquired that it would be a matter of time before the fertilizer hit the windmill and got nothing but the byproducts from Eagles fans.

Seriously, It was during the "I want more money. My contract is unfair." rant that I decided not to give a hoot about TO. Eventually, he'll get whats coming to him.

6. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i think everyone hates that type of player... and the scary thing is he signed the contract a year ago. Hes the definition of a greedy selfish snob, and hes just putting this on himself

7. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Hey, If Dawk is showing some maturity here, we should refrain from the "I told you so's". I'm proud of you Dawk. It takes a big guy to admit his opinion has changed on an issue you argued as fervently as you did this one. (Now if we could just pry Porky88 away from the dark side. lol).

edited to say

disclaimer: By dark side I am speaking figuratively and do not wish to have 15 people acuse me of making a racist statement about Vick being "dark". It was merely a Star Wars reference aimed at stating that Porky could come to the side of what's "good" and "right".

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, If Dawk is showing some maturity here, we should refrain from the "I told you so's". I'm proud of you Dawk. It takes a big guy to admit his opinion has changed on an issue you argued as fervently as you did this one. (Now if we could just pry Porky88 away from the dark side. lol).

edited to say

disclaimer: By dark side I am speaking figuratively and do not wish to have 15 people acuse me of making a racist statement about Vick being "dark". It was merely a Star Wars reference aimed at stating that Porky could come to the side of what's "good" and "right".</div>

ahhhhhhhhhh what is the dark side and whats the light side.

9. Philly_Freak93

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Nice to hear you say that Dawk...it just took a year longer than most of us expected for TO to become a problem. Oh and It was too bad you weren't around for the superbowl...we could have gone at it like I did with half of philly in Jacksonville.</div>

haha yeah of all of our arguments, the potential 1 we coulda had in janurary would have topped them all. imagine that lol

10. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

I liked TO at one point. I have lost all respect for him now though because there is nothing worse than an arrogant moron, with zero class. There's no doubt that TO is a great talent on the field but with all the stuff going on now, forget it. His whole ME attitude has landed him on my shit list, and he will remain on that list. I would take Moss over TO anyday to play for my team.

11. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Philly_Freak93)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Nice to hear you say that Dawk...it just took a year longer than most of us expected for TO to become a problem. Oh and It was too bad you weren't around for the superbowl...we could have gone at it like I did with half of philly in Jacksonville.</div>

haha yeah of all of our arguments, the potential 1 we coulda had in janurary would have topped them all. imagine that lol</div>

Oh I know...It was crazy down there. I had alot of fun with the eagle fans though..some were really cool and you could have a respectful football conversation with but most were blinded but they all saw the truth in the end [​IMG]

12. Philly_Freak93

yup, well idk. if u ask me eagles were a better team, but thats a topic for another time

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustBry07)</div><div class='quotemain'>I liked TO at one point. I have lost all respect for him now though because there is nothing worse than an arrogant moron, with zero class. There's no doubt that TO is a great talent on the field but with all the stuff going on now, forget it. His whole ME attitude has landed him on my shit list, and he will remain on that list. I would take Moss over TO anyday to play for my team.</div>

I can appreciate your feelings regarding TO, but don't you think Randy Moss is an arrogant moron with zero class as well? This is the jerk who pushed a traffic cop with his car. Why do you think he did that? He thinks he's more important than that traffic cop. I'm sure he thinks he's more important than you and me. I'm just afraid that if your asking Moss to be better than TO, your setting yourself up for a huge fall.

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Both TO and Moss are great wideouts. Neither have class but both get it done on Sundays. Maybe a change is team will help Moss out. That remains to be seen but Moss is yet to hold out yet so I will rather have Moss on my team because I think he is a better reciever.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I think if Moss had a heart then he might be better than TO. The problem is that Moss gets alligator arms when he thinks he might get hit. If you need someone to make a clutch catch in traffic, then I think TO is the better reciever. Personally, I'd just avoid the drama queens and get WRs that are team players and get the job done. Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward and Chris Chambers are some WRs that come to mind quickly.

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Marvin Harrison over all of them if you ask me.

17. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustBry07)</div><div class='quotemain'>I liked TO at one point. I have lost all respect for him now though because there is nothing worse than an arrogant moron, with zero class. There's no doubt that TO is a great talent on the field but with all the stuff going on now, forget it. His whole ME attitude has landed him on my shit list, and he will remain on that list. I would take Moss over TO anyday to play for my team.</div>

I can appreciate your feelings regarding TO, but don't you think Randy Moss is an arrogant moron with zero class as well? This is the jerk who pushed a traffic cop with his car. Why do you think he did that? He thinks he's more important than that traffic cop. I'm sure he thinks he's more important than you and me. I'm just afraid that if your asking Moss to be better than TO, your setting yourself up for a huge fall.</div>

I do think Moss is an arrogant moron with zero class as well as TO. I agree with you on the fact that TO is the better WR. It's like choosing between two evils with Moss and TO, and to be honest its not that I picked Moss because he has any real advantage, TO has just turned me completely off with all this BS going on. In your other post you said you'd rather take some other WR's to avoid the drama I agree that would be the best, even if it means forgetting about 2 of the best in the league.

18. Philly_Freak93

TO does have heart, moss doesnt. TO has heart for himself, n uses his heart for his own intentions, moss has none to begin with. i dont think wed ever see moss grabbing 9 balls for 122 yards with a broken ankle in the superbowl. i mean, TO iss a jerk, but he does come to play, even if its for himself, he still plays n his only problems are with himself n money. Moss has problems with teammates and the law,

oh and some1 said moss has alligator arms, TO does too. there both pretty boys

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Moss has put things in the past and to say he doesn't have a heart is a little harsh. TO played amazing in the SB and if the Eagles won he would of been MVP. Moss has never gotten the chance to play in a SB. Moss comes to play as well. I think some of the things he says is just for the media to feed off of. As for alligator arms Moss and TO have both went across the middle many times. Moss went down the center of the field a lot the last couple of seasons and TO is one of the best short threats in the game. Todd Pinkston is the alligataor arms.