Tim Tebow on Mets' motivation: 'Not going to worry' what people say

Discussion in 'National League East' started by truebluefan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

-- Unlike the other New York Mets minor leaguers who showed up at spring training Monday, Tim Tebow drew a crowd in the parking lot, sat down for a 25-minute news conference and could have walked a few doors down to the team store at First Data Field and purchased his own jersey for $120.

Soon, though, the fan support and his success as a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback are going to do him scant good trying to hit a curveball. He's aware of that.

"I don't think it's a bigger challenge than I thought. Obviously, it's a big challenge, right?" Tebow said. "You're picking up a sport after 12 years of not playing it, but I understood it. I think part of the challenge in it being so hard is part of why it's something I'm enjoying and loving. It's a hard game. It's not an easy thing to do. Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things in sports, but I'm enjoying it very much."

Read more http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18780909/not-going-worry-people-thinking

2. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    I truly hope he makes it to the big show. He tries hard at everything he attempts. I would like to see a one knee prayer after a base hit.