Tim Thomas Being Shopped

Discussion in 'EAST: Atlantic Division' started by Shutout, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Shutout

Shutout Member

It's no secret the Boston Bruins would like to trade goaltender, Tim Thomas.

Sources tell TSN the Bruins have granted Thomas's agent, Bill Zito, permission to speak directly with NHL teams about the possibility of trade.

Thomas has three years remaining on his contract at an annual cap hit of $5 million per year.

His contract also contains a no-move clause, which Thomas is willing to waive if the right opportunity is presented.

Sources say Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli intiated this more aggressive approach and Zito agreed he would make calls if permission was granted.
    [/quote]
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325587

I've heard rumors earlier that San Jose, Tampa Bay, and Philly were the teams that would be interested in Thomas. I think we definitely need to trade him, as much as I respect him for all he has done. But we need that 5 million off the books so we can pick up a top defender or another high calibur winger. Hopefully Thomas' agent can find a team that is willing to take on a 5 million / 3 year contract of a 36 year old netminder.

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Take whatever you can get for him and move on.

3. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Im a little surprised. Why exactly do they want to trade him? Is it the money?

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Are you serious? He didn't even play.

5. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Wait... Really? I hardly paid attention to the Bruins.. Might be why? xD

6. Shutout

Shutout Member

Yeah, Rask stole the job from him and led the league in Save Percentage and GAA I believe, if not Rask was top 3. That and Thomas is making 5 million a year for the next 3 years. If we can trade him away, we can add a top pairing defender or another top 6 forward via Free Agency or maybe in a package with a high pick.