Time for Dolan to move team out of NY city

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 8, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

because of the loser of a mayor, governor and idiot Cortez, NY is about to become one big ghetto. Defunding police. You can't even explain this stupidity. NY was already on it's way to turning back into a dump. I would be looking to move to a new location where they can have a safe area and the proper amount of police protecting it. Not sure where that new location might be but Dolan needs to start looking into it immediately. I give it 5 years under these liberal trash, elected officials before NY is an empty wasteland. If I had a small business, I'm selling A.S.A.P.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

It's (been) time for Dolan to sell the team.
    Edit: and the Knicks.

3. kreidertime

I also would not put it out of the realm of possibility that the entire NY city police force strikes if they can do that or resigns until de Blasio steps down. If he doesn't, the city will burn to the ground, Trump will probably call in the military and they will just start shooting thugs left and right. It's about to come to this. Our country is about to be this pathetic.

4. kreidertime

Rangers are fine. It's the Knicks that need a new owner.

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

How confident are you that they will start playing again this summer? I am still optimistic but, trying not to get too pumped for it. As much as I miss Rangers hockey I am getting a little bored with watching the MSG/NHL Network replays of old playoff games. Although it is pretty interesting to see the players who were on the team back in the early-mid 2010's who are no longer here.

6. kreidertime

I'm getting the point I don't care. I just want football even if there are 10 or 20% of the fans in the stadium.

7. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

We'll almost definitely have some form of NFL football this year, fans or no fans. The NCAA season is a bit more uncertain given the complications around having students on campus but right now they are planning on playing. Hockey returning is also more likely than not. Baseball, on the other hand, is in real trouble unless both sides dig out of the holes they dug themselves. I usually dont have much sympathy for owners in these types of situations but the economics are so bad for the teams if they pay full prorated salaries on an 80 game season without fans, I would not be at all shocked if the season gets canned.

Regarding Dolan, he is the best owner a Rangers fan could hope for. Keeps his nose out of running the team and signs anything you put in front of him, including buyouts. It doesnt get any better than that for the owner of a hockey team. Knicks fans rightly want to run him out of town, but it would be a bad day for the Rangers if he sold. If he wasnt such a rich, power-hungry moron he'd realize that the Rangers have had more success because he hired real hockey people to run the team, not yes-men that promised to keep him involved like with the Knicks.

8. kreidertime

I think the Knicks are on the right path finally. RJ will be a humble star. They keep their draft picks and even have some extra first rounders. Problem with the NBA is you have white hating stars like LeBron who want to tell GM's and owners how to run their teams when they barely have enough education to take a whiz. Most NBA stars have nothing between their legs and won't take New York on like a real man did in Messier. Only way to fix the Knicks is through the draft and they will do that now. Durant is a total pansy and Kyrie is a mental midget. The Nets will be a total disaster and the Knicks were lucky both those clowns didn't come here.