Time to build

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by kcgsc, Feb 1, 2009.

1. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Now that Beavis & Butthead (Carl & Herm) are vanquished, maybe my favorite organization can begin to field a team that is on the rise. We did lose more close games than any other team this season. Pair that with playing in the AFC West and we could easily go 8-8 next year. Just look at the Dolphins.

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    What are your prospects on who you guys will draft in the 1st.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

With Pioli in the front office, its a matter of when, and not if, the Chiefs are on top of that division....the Raiders are a mess, the Chargers look like they are on the decline, and the Broncos may go down before up....KCs time is coming....Arrowhead will be a menace once again...

4. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Personally, I am not sold on this year's QB crop. We could use a blue chip O-Lineman. Most of the experts have us taking a DE/OLB to rush the passer.

I would like to see the Chiefs select Crabtree. We can shore up some of our pass rushing and O-line woes in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and use free agency to bolster. Pioli is not allergic to free agency like Herm seemed to be. Don't get me wrong. I believe in building through the draft, but there was no good reason why we did not take a couple of O-linemen last season. Maybe we could have kept a QB in the rotation the first quarter of the season.

With Crabtree, Bowe, & Gonzalez on board, the spread would be beast if it ends up being necessary for another year while we build a good line to protect the passer.

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Pray that Curry falls to you and continue to build that defense....thats is what I would do....maybe select a B.J. Raji and pair him with Dorsey....those two would be a handful for offensive lines to deal with....