Time to start Aaron Rogers

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by royalstarblue, Jul 31, 2006.

1. royalstarblue

royalstarblue nfl-*****s member

Heck, let him start this year, he can only learn so much on the bench and he played bench last year.

2. Packersfan

Packersfan nfl-*****s member

Brett Favre is a much better qb, and you start your best players. So as long as Favre is playing he will start.

3. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Yeah, Favre already does a good job losing, you don't want a inexperience sophmore QB taking what Favre worked so hard at last year.

4. Packersfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Favre already does a good job losing, you don't want a inexperience sophmore QB taking what Favre worked so hard at last year.</div>
    Are you telling me that you think that if the Packers had a different qb they would of done better last year? Because unless your telling me that you expected Favre to launch the ball down the field, and run down and catch it, I don't understand how you expected him to do much better.

5. MKIV_Supra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Packersfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Favre already does a good job losing, you don't want a inexperience sophmore QB taking what Favre worked so hard at last year.</div>
    Are you telling me that you think that if the Packers had a different qb they would of done better last year? Because unless your telling me that you expected Favre to launch the ball down the field, and run down and catch it, I don't understand how you expected him to do much better.</div>
    He did launch the ball downfield, its just that he threw it to the other team. And yes, it would be nice to see him do that and run for a touchdown and celebrate.

6. Packersfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>He did launch the ball downfield, its just that he threw it to the other team. And yes, it would be nice to see him do that and run for a touchdown and celebrate.</div>
    Yeah.... What you apparently don't understand is when you lose most of your receiving core it makes it a little tougher to get your receivers to catch the ball (beause they're not as talented/experienced).

7. MKIV_Supra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Packersfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>He did launch the ball downfield, its just that he threw it to the other team. And yes, it would be nice to see him do that and run for a touchdown and celebrate.</div>
    Yeah.... What you apparently don't understand is when you lose most of your receiving core it makes it a little tougher to get your receivers to catch the ball (beause they're not as talented/experienced).</div>
    Apparently I don't understand about when we lose most of our recieving core because the Ravens never had a good recieving core (comment to the Packers). In 2004, the Ravens had a better season than the Packers did in 2005 and the only notable wideouts they had was Kevin Johnson. And even Boller had a better TD:INT ratio than Favre.

Kyle Boller (BAL '04/9-7)
    QB Rating 70.9
    Comp Pct 55.6%
    2559 yards, 13 TDs, 11 INTs

Brett Favre (GB '05/4-12)
    QB Rating 70.9
    Comp Pct 61.3%
    3881 yards, 20 TDs, 29 INTs

You can talk about the running backs as well. Sure Ahman Green was out for the season and most of the RBs as well, but you guys had Samkon Gado who was a good replacement. The Ravens lost Jamal Lewis also, but we had Chester Taylor and he was a decent replacement.

And the recievers? We didn't even have a reciever that was close to even touching the 1000 yard recieving mark. Your #2 reciever has more recieving yards than our three leading recievers.

Donald Driver (GB '05/4-12)
    86 receptions, 1221 recieving yards, 5 TDs

Travis Taylor (BAL '04/9-7)
    34 receptions, 421 recieving yards

Kevin Johnson (BAL '04/9-7)
    35 receptions, 373 recieving yards, 1 TD

Randy Hymes (BAL '04/9-7)
    26 receptions, 323 recieving yards, 2 TDs

And tight ends? Todd Heap was out and only played 6 games compared to Bubba Franks who only played 5. Enough said. If you want to bring up the defense, I'll be glad to.

8. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Your OLine was alot better to...

9. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Your OLine was alot better to...</div>
    Indeed... Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Brown, Casey Rabach and two solid, if non-spectacular guards trumps two good tackles, a backup center, a career backup guard and a rookie.

In addition, the Ravens rushed for 2100 yards on the ground in '04, compared to an anemic 1300 by the Packers in '05. If the Packers had that extra 50 yards (FIFTY EXTRA!) per game rushing, I doubt Brett would have had to try to throw for 4000 and rack up those 29 picks.

In summary, Favre bashers can say whatever they want. He still gives the Packers a better chance to win this year than any other option we have.

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Favre is a better QB than Boller. Stop there.

Anyone who's watched Rodgers since last year knows he's not ready. He's a project that needs too be brought along. Considering he's learning another new system of the West Coast offense, I'd think he needs at least one more year.

11. MKIV_Supra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre is a better QB than Boller. Stop there.</div>
    LMAO! True.

12. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre is a better QB than Boller. Stop there.</div>
    LMAO! True.</div>
    I would say farve has the edge in accuracy, experience, and production . . .oh we werent talking deal making? Then as a QB boller is better now!

13. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

That was stupid^

14. MKIV_Supra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre is a better QB than Boller. Stop there.</div>
    LMAO! True.</div>
    I would say farve has the edge in accuracy, experience, and production . . .oh we werent talking deal making? Then as a QB boller is better now!</div>
    Amen to that brother!

15. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

It's hard to get mad at BF1 cause he does make me laugh. I would of thought for sue someone here would of been smart enough to realize Boller had something Favre didn't. It's called defense. At least if we're gonna be 4-12 let's do it watching the greatest QB ever. (and I don't mean in deal making)LOL

16. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CanadianFavreFan)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's hard to get mad at BF1 cause he does make me laugh. I would of thought for sue someone here would of been smart enough to realize Boller had something Favre didn't. It's called defense. At least if we're gonna be 4-12 let's do it watching the greatest QB ever. (and I don't mean in deal making)LOL</div>
    Dolphins never went 4-12, so you never got to see greatest QB ever go 4-12. btw, they didnt have great defenses either, but marino was a winner, and didnt have to lose games intentionally to pay off deals

17. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

People think Favre is tarnishing his legacy but does anyone remember Marino's last game. Probably not they just remember the good.

18. MKIV_Supra

Favre should ask McCarthy to try a drop kick in his last game like Flutie did.

19. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Favre should ask McCarthy to try a drop kick in his last game like Flutie did.</div>
    Dude! That would be awesome!

20. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CanadianFavreFan)</div><div class='quotemain'>People think Favre is tarnishing his legacy but does anyone remember Marino's last game. Probably not they just remember the good.</div>
    Yeah, marino was in 2nd rd of playoffs his last game and lost 62-7 to the jacksonville jaguars.

I remember. I am sure beef remembers(if he forgets, i remind him) The key is, IN THE PLAYOFFS! Marino played good his last season, good enough to reach playoffs, despite no running game. Marino didnt have a losing season i believe. He was the best, without a doubt.