TMAC MVP!!??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tmgbball15, Feb 7, 2007.

1. tmgbball15

tmgbball15 BBW Elite Member

Re: TMAC MVP!!??

Is there any way Tmac can win the MVP. I know hes been out and has not always performed, however when he is on the team, they seem to do much better than when they do not have him. Not to mention that he has helped teh Rockets surge without Yao the next "great center" (yeah right). I know he wont win it, but shoudlnt he get some vootes

2. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I dont think he will win it, but he better get some damn votes. He has been playing amazing ever since Yao went down and the Rockets havent gotten any worse. I think Tracy is back for good....Until he gets injured again of course. He is shooting really well, he is being clutch, and he isnt forcing too many shots. He is allowing the other players on his team to score and it is really helping. I hope he gets some votes. He deserves it...

3. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Nope. Great player but not an MVP candidate. Dirk, Wade, Arenas, Kobe, and Nash are top 5.

4. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

This is a stupid thread there is no way T-Mac will win MVP even though he has been playing amazing and is leading his team w/o Yao Ming. He is a great player but there are others more deserving like Nash, Kobe, Nowitzki, and Arenas.

5. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moses2121 @ Feb 7 2007, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is a stupid thread there is no way T-Mac will win MVP even though he has been playing amazing and is leading his team w/o Yao Ming. He is a great player but there are others more deserving like Nash, Kobe, Nowitzki, and Arenas.</div>How is this a stupid thread? TMac is a MVP Candidate. He deserves to get votes, I agree he won't win but to say this is a stupid thread is something stupid for you to say.

6. tmgbball15

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moses2121 @ Feb 7 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is a stupid thread there is no way T-Mac will win MVP even though he has been playing amazing and is leading his team w/o Yao Ming. He is a great player but there are others more deserving like Nash, Kobe, Nowitzki, and Arenas.</div>I never said he would win it all I said was that he should get some votes. Arenas, Nash, Dirk and Kobe are by far much more deserving

7. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

He should be top 5 in voting IMO. Without Yao he is putting up 30/6/5 on over 46% shooting, and carried this team to a 16-5 record. Remember, Yao was the best low post player this year, averaging 26/10. That is a huge void, but they are playing better without him because of T-Mac's MVP level play. The Rockets were 2-5 without T-Mac when Yao was depended on to lead team, and 0-1 without either.As much as I like Wade, he couldn't keep team over .500 without Shaq. T-Mac has kept team 10 games over .500 in the very tough western conference without Yao.

8. KiNg 0

KiNg 0 BBW Member

http://www.nba.com/features/player_rankings.html. As of now they rank him 6 but I think he should be above LeBron and I don't know how Dirk is so high. He has a chance if he plays the rest of the games.On another note what is up with his free throw shooting? It's as bad as LeBrons.

9. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmgbball15 @ Feb 7 2007, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never said he would win it all I said was that he should get some votes. Arenas, Nash, Dirk and Kobe are by far much more deserving</div>He'll get some votes but I think he will be from 5th to 7th place in the voting when it's all said and done. Although if he keeps playing like he is he might have the 5 spot secured, in years past playing w/o Yao has been a huge problem and now they are 17-5 w/o this year I think.

10. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KiNg 0 @ Feb 7 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.nba.com/features/player_rankings.html. As of now they rank him 6 but I think he should be above LeBron and I don't know how Dirk is so high. He has a chance if he plays the rest of the games.On another note what is up with his free throw shooting? It's as bad as LeBrons.</div>I have no diea how Bron is over him. theya re now 3-0 without Bron, and Cavs aren't even top 3 in the East. Rockets have a better record in total, worse without T-mac than cavs are without bron, and T-mac without Yao is playing better than bron.As for Dirk, it's because his team is #1 in the league.T-Mac went through a huge slump with his alla round shooting, including FT %, early in season. He has since become better, although had a 2-9 night a few weeks ago.

11. KiNg 0

KiNg 0 BBW Member

I still don't think he deserves to be second because even without him they would do well and can get to the playoffs. With T-mac if he is gone Rockets are in serious trouble.

12. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KiNg 0 @ Feb 7 2007, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I still don't think he deserves to be second because even without him they would do well and can get to the playoffs. With T-mac if he is gone Rockets are in serious trouble.</div>Very true I'm pretty sure the Rockets are even worse w/o T-Mac in the lineup then they are w/o Yao.

13. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moses2121 @ Feb 7 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Very true I'm pretty sure the Rockets are even worse w/o T-Mac in the lineup then they are w/o Yao.</div>That's an understatement. The Rockets ar elike 7-33 without T-Mac in the past 2 years, and 2-6 without him this year. This year Rockets are 16-5 without Yao and with T-Mac. The Rockets have actually been BETTER without Yao than with Yao.

14. KiNg 0

KiNg 0 BBW Member

Haha, maybe they should trade Yao.

15. tmgbball15

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moses2121 @ Feb 7 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He'll get some votes but I think he will be from 5th to 7th place in the voting when it's all said and done. Although if he keeps playing like he is he might have the 5 spot secured, in years past playing w/o Yao has been a huge problem and now they are 17-5 w/o this year I think.</div>Actually playing without Yao has never been a seriosu issue. Without counting thsi season, Houston is above 500 without him

16. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

Well that's because Yao Ming has never been this good until this year, before he got injured he was having an amazing year.

17. LBJ

LBJ BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moses2121 @ Feb 8 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well that's because Yao Ming has never been this good until this year, before he got injured he was having an amazing year.</div>Yao Ming was putting up 30 and 14 at the end of last season when healthy. And as for Tmac being a MVP Candidate. I have to agree 100% with what Nitro said.

18. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Yesterday's game just strengthens the chance of TMac winning the MVP award. We lost to one of the worst team in the league without TMac. We lost a 13 point lead in 9 minutes, no defense...1-22 from the 3pt land. We're horrible without TMac.

19. victim

victim BBW Member

He deserve some votes but not MVP.

20. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Wtf? Why'd you bump this thread?