Tony Romo pre-draft

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Cowboy71, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Matthew Stevens/ Sports Reporter Issue date: 2/25/03 Section: Sports

Eastern quarterback Tony Romo must have appreciated being in Indianapolis this weekend because at the NFL combine held in the racing capital of the world, he did everything fast.

"I wanted to show everyone that speed wasn't a problem," Romo said. "This was excatly why I worked so hard for two weeks in Florida, and it payed off."

The NFL prospect was placed in the second group Sunday afternoon along with Southern California's Carson Palmer, Louisville's Dave Ragone and Texas' Chris Simms.

Romo earned the second-fastest time in the shuttle run and was timed at 4.9 seconds in the 40-yard-dash.

"Basically, that's why I went to Florida, to increase my speed, and I feel like I'm a completely different player since I left," Romo said.

Romo impressed even himself during the IQ test by answering correctly 37 of 50 questions in only 12 minutes. The highest score last season during the combine was 41 and most quarterbacks only got through 22 questions.

"The whole point of the test was to see how quickly you can process the information given," Romo said.

The 2002 Walter Payton Award winner astonished many scouts in throwing drills after being clocked at 57 mph, which is impressive compared to future Hall of Fame Green Bay Packer quarterback Brett Farve's 61 mph.

"My arm strength has gotten much stronger since my last game at Eastern," Romo said.

Romo ended the day by answering question from the media for a day-long record of nearly 38 minutes until Simms stayed at the podium for 45 minutes after Romo.

"It was cool that the media wanted to talk to me but it didn't even seem like I was up there for that long," Romo said.

Throughout the afternoon, Romo interviewed with quarterback coaches and offensive coordinators from the Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears.

"I have no idea who might take me but the teams that I interviewed with are the ones who really like me," Romo said.

Predictions on which round Romo will be selected have ranged from the third to the seventh round in next April's NFL Draft. However, Romo and his International Management Group team are confident in his status.

"It changes everyday, but I think I really solidified myself this weekend," Romo said. "People think agents know everything before the draft, but the NFL is so secretive with everything."

Romo went into the RCA Dome with high exceptions and was not nervous about the weekend workouts.

"The prediction was even if I didn't perform well, it was because I was a small-town guy, but I went there with something to prove," Romo said.

2. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

That said, I've been hoping Romo turns out for better than a year.....

[​IMG]