Top Priorities for Offseason

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by BigVolcano, Mar 24, 2013.

1. BigVolcano

BigVolcano Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The season is pretty much over so I guess its time to look forward to the offseason. IMO the three principle concerns for the offseason are:

1. Colangelo's future - he definitely deserves to be let go but I think management will pick up his option at the very least. He has pretty much run this franchise into the ground with few positive moves. However, there is no way management lets him make the Gay trade (and ruining the team's capspace) if they intended on replacing him.

2. Casey's future - He's a goner (and deservedly so), Colangelo will use him as a scapegoat.

3. Demar's future/Bench shooters - If the Raptors want to keep the Demar and Gay duo, they will need more efficient shooting. The lack of 3 point shooting really hurts the team especially when neither Gay or Demar are especially efficient. Demar has value around the league, even with the stupid contract BC gave him. He's young, athletic and has decent stats. GMs can sell a player like that to their fans.

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Colangelo needs to go. Casey can have a chance to prove he was kept under thumb and if he performs better he can stay. I'm not ready to give up on him completely. We won't have "rookies" next season so he's got no excuse as to how he uses our young players. He needs to integrate Ross & Fields into the team and forget about guys like Anderson and Gray. If not, he can go too.

Easy to like the starting lineup of Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Johnson, and Valanciunas, but unless three of those guys (at least) make huge strides this offseason we're in for another 30-win year.