Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by pegs, Aug 24, 2008.

?

Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter?

1. Tracy McGrady

62.5%
  2. Vince Carter

37.5%
  1. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Look at everything they've done. Recall all of the games that you've watched of each.

Think about every game winner, great performance, playoffs, effect on teammates, etc.

Take a look at the stats if you'd like.

Take everything into account, and please tell me why you picked who you picked. I'm interested to hear [​IMG]

2. dino33

dino33 Member

While Carter is considered a very very good team-player by many of his teamates, his coach, people that know him, people always critsizes his heart and desire to win.

T-mac on the other hand, likes the spot-light, likes to be the MAN on the team, and could light it up and dominate a game.

Early on in their careers:

T-mac felt he was always under carter and wanted to be the no.1 guy, thats why he wanted to go to orlando, he was originally just a decent role player.

Carter dominated his rookie year, winning rookie of the year honors and stunned everyone in 2000 with his jaw-dropping performance in the dunk contest. Carter also led a below average Raptors team, to the conference semi's and lost by 1 shot.

People would always critsize him for attending his graduation ceromony, but thts how Carter is, he's a guy that feels that besides basketball there are several other things that are extremely important to him, for instance Education. In addition, his interview was invalid, as Carter claimed it was heavily edited. Carter then suffered from a serious injury, and while he was getting older he had to change up his game, he became a better shooter, and a better all-around team player.

T-Mac then flourished to a superstar, very good scorer in Orlando, but would fail badly in the playoffs.

......damn Im typing too much.

let me simplify:

T-mac is definately a very very good scorer and could light it up. But ultimately he couldnt make it past the first round, considering having such good teamates like Yao Ming and Battier, its definately a failure.

Carter, although being critisized for not always attacking the basket, he has taken a raptor team, to the semis, single handly resurected the Nets, 04-05 season, and is considered a good role-model and team player.

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

IMO, Vince has had the better career. Dunk champ, rookie of the year, multiple all star games, multiple first place voting for all star games, a gold medal in the Olympics, and has led his team past the first round with worse teammates than the ones that T-Mac has had.

4. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Tracy or Vince ... but what's the question?

I'll take Vince in a dunk competition. I'll take Vince is a free throw competition. I'll take Vince in a "who'll play the most games next year?" competition.

But if I can one or the other for a playoff series, and they're both healthy, then I'll take Tracy every time.

I guess there's all sorts of stats we could come up with, so I'll start off with this one: Over the last four seasons, T-Mac's W/L record in games he's played in the regular season has been 172-90 (65% Win%). For Vince, in a much weaker conference, it's been 164-150 (53% Win%).

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Ambiguous poll, pegs. What exactly are you asking? And is neither an option?

6. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Neither is a leader, but TMac is the better player when you factor in defense. Both players can put up tons of pretty stats, but neither has what it takes mentally to be the #1 guy for a championship team.

Unfortunately, people try to give Vince too much credit for the Nets making the playoffs after the trade that brought him to NJ.

7. cpawfan

Not true. Kidd fully recovering from his MF surgery was more important to the Nets that season.

8. cpawfan

What does popularity have to do with this?

9. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Better career? Being popular will make you remembered longer.

Are you saying that a unhealthy Kidd was the reason the Nets made the playoffs that season?

10. cpawfan

That has nothing to do with a better career. Vince just has a large fan base.

No, I'm saying that a healthy Kidd was the primary reason the Nets made the playoffs that season.

11. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    We don't even know what the question is, so I don't think anyone can answer that.

12. zєяσ

zєяσ Truth is beautiful

Vince has had the better career, but Tmac is more valuable. Both put a lot of effort in games, but Tmac has height and defense on his side imo.

It's very close though.

13. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

McGrady lead a Yao-less Rockets team to a 22 game winning streak in the west

Can I see Vince Carter doing that? No

As of now, McGrady is my pick

14. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Therefore his career would look better since he will be remembered more when he retires than a player with a smaller fan base.

15. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I think the question is who had a better career, or it seems like it when you have to take every thing in account.

16. cpawfan

I remember lots of players I'm not a fan of, as do most NBA fans. Your statement makes zero sense.

17. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Say a fan gets into the NBA, when 2 players retire.

Who will the fan know more about, the more popular player or the less popular player?

It will make their legacies look even better when they have larger fan bases. Vince will probably be remembered more than T-Mac because of his dunks. NBA fan or not, dunks are entertaining, which has gotten Vince more fans than the early playoff departures of T-Mac.

Both will be remembered though by die-hard NBA fans, but Vince will probably be remembered more for his explosiveness in his prime.

18. Really Lost One

T-Mac is one of the most popular players in China. His jersey was #1 in China a few years back. Carter is probably more popular here for the casual fan, but I don't think he's known as globally as McGrady. Although it's not really his fault, McGrady plays with Yao Ming...

But still, looking at the grand total of things, T-Mac is probably more popular overall, if you consider the population of China, which is like 3 trillion

Thus you are wrong

19. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I'm not talking about who is known more globally, just in the USA.

20. Really Lost One

You're looking at USA

I'm looking global

Global >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USA

Thus McGrady > Carter

Thus you are wrong