Trade deadline thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 28, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Watching this game last night I have 0.00% interest in keeping Buchnevich. Honestly, he's a dumb player. Yet, because of his size, age and offense, he can be a player people want. I've gone back and forth on Kreider so many times it's absurd. However, I look at it like this now. Would I rather they pay Buchnevich 4.5 or 5 when his next contract is up or Kreider 6 million. That's easy for me. I'd rather they pay Kreider.

I shouldn't be but I'm in total disbelief that the crappy Oilers are starting to screw it up again. Incredible. I'm sure they would love to have Georgiev in net but I woudn't do that. They have no secondary scoring. No true PP QB on defense. They are in big trouble. Me, I would save DeAngelo for a Tuch deal.

I could see something like Buchnevich, Huska and Andersson for Puljujarvi or Bensen, Yamamoto and a pick.

The Oilers need to stop this absurd nonsense of not making the playoffs. It's ridiculous. Might have to take back Gagne's salary to make the money work as he's a UFA next season.

2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Hopefully Lemieux doesn't miss a ton of games but he'll be out for a while with a broken hand...sucks.

3. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I’ve never thought Kreids was getting traded! They need to have young veterans besides kids and can’t replace what he does. He meshes great with Z man too. They don’t have enough grit now as it is. And don’t underestimate the young players on this team that he takes under his wing and protects when he’s out there.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Georgiev for Kapanen floating around out there.

5. kreidertime

I'm not sure they are sold on Huska. Wall is putting up insane numbers now in college for a team not loaded with talent. Kapanen is a highly talented player and a righty shot. If they trade Georgiev they have to be sold on Wall to backup Shesterkin when Hank is done. Buchnevich is so not a Gorton or JD player. I don't see any way he doesn't get dealt. I think they will keep Kreider. Many players like to train with him in the off-season and he's much better than that dope Buchnevich. Figure Kapenen replaces Buchnevich. Then I hope if they deal DeAngelo they get Tuch. He's having a down year 0ffensively but he would be perfect here. You might even get a second back with him.

6. Greyvtrayn

Just watched Buchnevich not score on a penalty shot and then not shoot with a prime scoring chance in front of the net. They showed a shot of him at the bench before going break and it looked like he was going to cry. So frustrating to watch.

7. Ranger71

Oof..Quinns face is a steampot with Buch passing up shots. Maybe something like AG and a 3rd for Kapanen and a 5th if it happened to go down.

8. kreidertime

Are you high? Rangers aren't giving up more for Georgiev to get Kapanen. They will get more back. Georgiev is a heck of a lot more important to the Leafs. Their goaltending still sucks. Like I said. Buchnevich is a moron.

On a side note. This team sucks so fn bad on faceoffs it's to the point of being an embarrassment now. Who the fuck is working on draws with these guys?

9. kreidertime

I think Sam was drunk on the OT. First he called a save, then said Strome scored.

10. Greyvtrayn

Yeah, that was a rough call for Sam.

11. Ranger71

Other than McDavid and Draisaitl it's hard to find a better 1-2 punch than Zib and Panarin right now. The team is hanging in there standings wise. On a side note it's good to see Trautwig back in some capacity.

12. mrmel29

That call was so amazingly bad that Sam should be embarrassed and consider retirement after this year. Yelling about the save while you could clearly see puck in the net and players celebrating. Needed Micheletti to tell him it was in and then talking about strokes first career hat trick when he wasn’t on the ice and d Angelo scored. Yikes, an all time horrendous call!

13. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Sammy has one bad call and now he is drunk and needs to retire...funny stuff

14. kreidertime

Love Sam. He's easily still one of the best.

IMO, there is a deal brewing between Rangers and Oilers. They have trade history. Interesting that Yamamoto who I mentioned was dressed last night and called up. I see Buchnevich going to the Oilers. I talked about Bensen and Yamamoto going to us in a Buchnevich deal. Perhaps Georgiev or Huska would be involved with a defenseman prospect. Bensen produces in the AHL. Classic dumb Oilers to let him rot in the minors when they have no secondary scoring. I think we see a deal very soon between these two teams. Rangers need speed. While Yamamoto is small, he's a righty shot, fast and is a finisher. Something we don't have enough of. Report says he's more of a playmaker but I see him as more of a finisher. His goals totals are solid at every level. Hopefully in the pro's for us.

https://lastwordonhockeyprospects.com/2017/04/22/kailer-yamamoto-scouting-report/https://lastwordonhockeyprospects.com/2017/04/22/kailer-yamamoto-scouting-report/

15. mrmel29

Al, if you’ve been watching ranger games this is a common happenstance with Sam. He continuously gets ranger players names wrong

16. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

They should trade Tony D now while his value is sky high, he's not getting resigned with all the prospects in line waiting to take his place. Gorton has the pieces to help move a Staal or Smith too, would love to see one or both gone. And to be even greedier it would be nice to see Hank take advantage of an opportunity to relocate and get his name on the Cup. I would keep Strome and CK, the Rangers have been looking for a decent RW for years and Strome has been great and is still an RFA.. I've always been partial to Kreider think he's worth resigning.

17. kreidertime

Yeah, Kreider can be frustrating but he's 5 times the player crappy Buchnevich is. Agree on DeAngelo. Sadly, they won't use DeAngelo to dump Staal or Smith with money retained because it would lessen the return. IMO, both Smith and Staal will be bought out next year. One year left on their deal. No biggie with all the young, cheap players on the roster.

18. Ranger71

Lots of interest building for Georgiev. Tor, Calgary, Vancouver, Colorado..

19. kreidertime

Yep. I would think they are going to get a heck of a return. Huska is a good goalie prospect. Wall might be even better. With Andersson and Kravtsov being head cases, Howden not improving and Buchnevich being a moron, they need to add some more talented forwards. Calgary's farm system sucks. If they aren't offering Dube, forget it. Vancouver, not much there. Lind and a 1st at least would have to be the deal. Colorado, not much there either. No interest in Jost or Kaut. Newhook has to be the piece there. Toronto, nothing unless it's a deal around Kapanen. I would think the Rangers would prefer a player like Kapanen who can help them now. He would be a good fit here. I don't see Toronto having the stones to do that. IMO, I think they will go for Newhook and wait a few years. I don't much of any goalie the Av's have in net. To me, they will all suck against a top team in the playoffs. However, the best deal is probably for Dube who will be cheap for a while and is just starting to breakout now.

20. Ranger71

I could see Lind and a 2nd being a fair deal, as I'm not sure they'd get a 1st from a team like Vancouver. Korshkov is a solid prospect if the Leafs didn't want to work around Kapanen. Not much in Calgarys system like you said. It's surprising Colorado would be interested given how well Francouz has played.