Trade deadline thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Mar 8, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping they get Bennett here. He would be perfect for this team. Howden sucks. Maybe he'll do better elsewhere. Disappointing to say the least.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Saw some chatter that maybe they'll look at Rakell if they stay around the playoff perimeter. I've been wanting them to pick him up for a few years, even though he's not really a center, but he can give them a nice secondary scorer. One year left after this year.

3. kreidertime

He’s a good player with a good contract but he is a unrestricted free agent after next year. He’s going to be looking for his last big contract. I’m not giving up Gauthier for him. Rackell is not going to make the difference for us. If they took something like Jones, Reunanen and Pajuniemi then fine

4. kreidertime

To me this stinks of shithead Quinn not liking Gauthier. I think they are looking for a wing to put with Chytil instead of sticking with the kid because Quinn is a dumb fuck.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  5. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

You are so predictable and pathetic as a non-Rangers fan. No matter the topic, no matter the question, no matter the time you will always find a vulgar cursing way to blame Quinn for something.

Sad and pathetic.

6. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    You are not going to change him..so why have two broken records to read over and over again

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I wish I could like Al's post twice.

8. NYR Fan

Because I am not going to let him pollute the board uncontested with his vulgar and cursing propaganda. Sorry if that is an issue to anyone, but that's how I see it. Yes it adds a few more posts to the 12 a week the board normally gets, but it is worth it IMO.

I'll also add, you guys crack me up. It's okay for him to pollute the board with his utter nonsense, but if someone calls him on it, oh that's just who he is so all good. So what if he wants to fire everyone after 10 minutes. Let him pollute and ruin the board. If more people had ba**s to call out his BS maybe there would be more than 7 Ranger fans on the board. So funny.

9. kreidertime

Watching Smith and some of the reject forwards, it's an embarrassment to this organization. There is ZERO reason at this point that players like Barron and Reunanen aren't up in the lineup. You saw a kid Gauthier make a play that lead to the teams only goal. Barron has this same type of skill. Smith is a disgrace. He is falling down constantly. Most of the time to block shots with terrible timing and forwards consistently just walk around him. There is no reason to play him any longer. He sucks. Johnson sucks also. His fluke goal was a miracle due to the work of Gauthier and Kreider. I had hopes for JD and Gorton creating a top front office. They have sucked beyond belief this year. One cup in 81 years, nobody running this shit organization deserves the benefit of the doubt.

10. NYR Fan

Fire JD and Gorton also, fire everyone. You should bump the Official Fire Gorton threads you created shortly after he was hired.

11. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    I'm not calling you out..and honestly I could care less whether you continue to post it or not, we get it. Dump is dump..he isn't going to change. You calling him out isn't going to change him or anyone's opinion of him. I gave up years ago.
    Bottom line is this..he thinks he is the all knowing Monday night gm. No coach will ever live up to his standards, ever. There will always be current players on the roster that will be his whipping boy and of course their will always be those kids that are being held back in the minors.

NYR Fan and Greyvtrayn like this.
  12. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Some people never change.

NYR Fan likes this.
  13. kreidertime

Some people just don't know when they are on ignore.

14. kreidertime

Never thought Eichel would get traded but now I might. Honestly, we don't match up with the Sabres. The Flyers on the other hand do. They could offer something like Couturier, Konecny, Frost and a first for Eichel and probably get that done pretty easily The only way we could make the deal work is by sending DeAngelo and Strome back and hope they want to build from the defense out and offer up Lundkvist, Robertson and Jones. I don't see them going for that. Most likely they will want Schneider and either Lafreniere or Kakko. I'm not doing that. Zibanejad is a UFA in 2 years and he's not going to stay there.

15. NYR Fan

Eichel will be a Ranger by next season. And no need to include DeAngelo in a deal for him unless Buffalo wants him. Buy him out this summer, and no harm (save 4.4 mill next year with a 900 K penalty the following year).

And no shot we'd give up Kakko or Lafreniere, and we won't have to.

I think we get Eichel for something like this:

Chytil, Kravtsov, another solid prospect (not one of the top 8-10 guys), a 1st, and maybe a 3rd or 4th if needed to get it done.

What you also need to factor in is guys like Chytil, Kravtsov, Lundkvist would be very top of the heap prospects for just about every NHL team. We don't view them that way because we say wow we have Miller, or Kakko, or Lafreniere. Not the right way to view it IMO. At days end it still comes down to one package vs. another.

Three 1st round picks (2 of Chytil and/or Kravtsov and/or Lundkvist AND an actual 1st rounder), another solid prospect (that could be a former 1st or very worst would be a top 5 prospect in just about every organization in the NHL), and a 3rd or 4th round pick is a haul for Eichel.

Where else are the Sabres getting that type of package? It can be tweaked a bit, maybe a Buch and or Strome and or other, but none of the biggest guys we have right now will get dealt. PLUS at 10 mill per, not every team can afford that cap hit, especially with a flat cap for the next 2 years.

I think you way overrate what we'd have to give up. The value of the package I offered is a lot (just because they aren't prospects 1, 2, or 3 for us - that doesn't mean they don't have big value and are better than almost every teams prospects).

16. NYR Fan

And there's this:

Here’s the rub, I’ve learned the Rangers are willing to offer a nice package that would include a roster player like Ryan Strome, highly touted prospect Vitali Kravtsov, a defense prospect of either Matthew Robertson or Zac Jones, and a conditional first round pick.

It isn’t the haul Sabres fans are expecting, but it will probably be the best package when offered this summer too.

17. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I agree that something big won’t happen till after season. If the sabres would take that package chuck I would do that in a second especially with is keeping chytil who I really like. And if not let him go elsewhere and find another center to trade for

18. NYR Fan

I don't disagree mel. But at days end if I had to give up 2 of Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Chytil with a 1st round pick for Eichel I would do it (I would prefer to keep Chytil if I could swing Kravtsov and Lundkvist as the 2). Maybe another mid level prospect added in as well (not a top 7 or 8 guy in our system).

19. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I think they would have to put strome in that chuck just to balance some of the money with eichel as salary for cap purposes. Actually could help that strome is having a very good year and whoever has played with him this season has done well.

20. NYR Fan

If the deal is made this summer, which is what I expect, either Strome goes in the Eichel deal or he's off the team, we agree for sure. One way or another I firmly believe this is Strome's last season as Ranger. I didn't include him because I am not sure Buffalo wants him, but again I don't see that as an issue because Gorton will find a home for Strome if it means getting Eichel, even if it isn't Buffalo.

At days end at least one of Strome or Zib needs to be gone if Eichel is added.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021