Trade Idea

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Answer_AI03, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Artest is reportedly wanting out of Sacramento again, and the Nuggets were in heavy pursuit of him at the trade deadline last season. Maybe with a season under K-Marts belt of him proving that he has recovered from his injuries, they can trade Kenyon Martin and a future pick for Kenny Thomas's terrible contract and Artest. If Nene can stay healthy for an entire season that would leave the Nuggets with

AI/Carter/Atkins
    Artest/Smith
    Anthony/Kleiza
    Nene/Thomas
    Camby/Thomas/Hunter

That team would just be devastating, even with the terrible coaching of George Karl.

2. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

If the Kings trade Artest, they want to rebuild. No way will they take on Kenyon's ugly contract.

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 14 2008, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the Kings trade Artest, they want to rebuild. No way will they take on Kenyon's ugly contract.</div>

I agree. The Kings would have to getting much more.

-Petey

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ron-Ron is down-down on the Nuggets.

The Nuggets tried to deal for Sacramento forward Ron Artest before last February's trading deadline, and he never seemed bothered by the prospect of playing for them.

But not now.

With trade rumors swirling around Artest, I sent him an e-mail Sunday asking if would have interest in being dealt to the Nuggets. He wasted no time in giving a definitive no.

"I cannot play in Denver because they question my drive to finish my career off strong and not embarrass my family,'' Artest wrote Sunday night. "Any player wants to win a championship is low risk.''

So what's that all about? I can't remember anybody on the Nuggets criticizing Artest.

So Artest was sent another e-mail on Monday asking who on the Nuggets might have spoken ill of him. The e-mail also asked if his thinking means he won't consider Denver when he becomes a free agent next summer.

Artest's answer wasn't specific. But he's definitely down on playing for the Nuggets.

"That's not even an option to be a Nugget,'' he wrote. "They let me know how they felt about me already.''
    But there are things Artest likes about the Nuggets.

"I live (sic) watching them play,'' he wrote. "Very exciting. And (Linas) Kleiza and J.R. (Smith) are very impressive when I watch them.''

The Nuggets could have traded Kleiza and Eduardo Najera last February to the Kings for Artest, but Denver was reluctant to give up a top young prospect in Kleiza for a player who could opt out of his contract this summer and become a free agent. As it turned out, Artest did not opt out.

In April, before the Kings played the Nuggets for the first time since the trade fell through, Artest was asked via e-mail about the possible deal.

"Carmelo made my son and daughter happy when we found out that he wanted me on his team,'' Artest wrote about star Carmelo Anthony having wanted the Nuggets to trade for Artest. "He is my son's favorite player. It made me feel blessed that he wanted me on his team and I immediately thanked God for that. (If) God put me in Denver, it's no question they would have been a better team.''

Artest isn't pushing for any move to Denver now.</div>

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/nuggets...rtest_does.html

Ouch...

[​IMG]

5. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

that sucks, although i don't know how much stock i would put into that...