Trade Talks heating up!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheBeef, Jan 30, 2004.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I heard a rumor this morning on Fox Sports Radio that the Pittsburgh Steelers have offered thier 1st round draft pick and Plaxico Burress to the San Diego Chargers for the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft.....If the Chargers make that trade, thier offense has the oppurtunity to be very dynamic in the near future....Tomlinson, Burress and Boston, talk about weapons....The Steelers though would get to choose between the 2 QB's(Manning and Roethlisberger) or University of Pittsburgh star Larry Fitzgerald so I can see how the deal would help both teams...

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

if pitt traded up and didnt get qb they would be foolish

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

The rumors that I have heard is that they were interested in getting Roethlisberger, but I would be really irritated if they traded up and didn't take Manning. The guy is genetically made to succeed at football. Oh let it happen, but don't let them take the wrong guy!

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Maybe they have decided they need to keep Fitzgerald local....it does make some sence, Fitzgerald would give them immediate star power and he played at the cities college, I think that might be thier thinking in giving up Burress...

5. Bearsfan1

uhhh, that just seems stupid, i mean how much of an upgrade is fitzgerald, over burress. burress was a first round reciever and catches a grand a year, is it worth a first and him to get larry? i doubt it

6. gogobroncos

gogobroncos nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>uhhh, that just seems stupid, i mean how much of an upgrade is fitzgerald, over burress. burress was a first round reciever and catches a grand a year, is it worth a first and him to get larry? i doubt it</div>

I'm not going to sit here and say that Fitzgerald is worth a mid first rounder and Burress, but I would rather have Fitzgerald than Burress any day of the week. With all of the physical talent that Plax has, he's still a dumb-a$$ either way you slice it. I've seen Burress do retarded things on countless occassions. He has been a bust when you consider the time the Steelers have sacrificed for him to progress into the go-to reciever he should be.. Of course, I don't know what kind of pro Fitzgerald will be, but I'd rather take a chance on him than wait on Burress to out-do his own record setting pace of retardedness.

7. Bearsfan1

i agree fitzgerald is a better player. but i think steelers are better team with two first round players instead of one, better of using pick to draft qb, forget the trade, just make a good pick

8. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I think Burress is fine he just needs a QB like culpepper with an endless arm to throw to him. If they made that trade I personally think it would be stupid but they better pick manning with the number one if they are going to do it. Burress was unstopable two seasons ago when maddox was making good decisions.

9. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

I agree with pats on this one, plaxico difintley needs some
    freggin qb other then kordell and tommy maddux throwing
    to him. Also the steelers lack of consistency in the run game
    has difintely made them one sided. This trade offer makes
    the most sense. If im the chargers and steelers i would make
    this trade happen. Steelers can carry on with hines ward and
    antwane randle el. Chargers would be a force with plaxico,
    boston and tomlinson.