Trading Jrich creates an opening for...

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Warriorfansnc93, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

KOBE BRYANT! Why has no one realized this yet?[​IMG]

2. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Becasue we actually want to win a championship.

3. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

It may have created cap room for Kobe, but it's still well short of creating enough room for Kobe's ego.

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

We should trade Baron, Powell, Foyle, SJax, Az and Monta for Kobe, and then trade Harrington, Cabbages, Beans, POB, Zarko, Bellineli and Wright for Shaq and Zo.

Lineup:

Kobe
    Lasme
    Kosta
    Zo
    Shaq

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I think AlleyOop is serious, guys! [​IMG]

I don't like Kobe, but I do like Shaq.

6. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Let's see the Lakers traded Shaq for Odom, Caron, Brian Grant and a first round draft pick. So maybe the Warriors can get Kobe by trading Harrington, Jackson, Foyle, and a first round pick. We can throw in the rights to Perovic as well, just to be extra nice. hahaha....hmmm....Baron/Monta/Kobe/Wright/Andris....interesting starting lineup...

7. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think AlleyOop is serious, guys! [​IMG]</div>

Heh heh -- you know me too well. But honestly, I think this is the first time in a long time where I actually don't desire any trades. I think we've come up with a very exciting answer at PF with Brandan Wright, we've cleared cap space, we have a very interesting guard prospect in Bellineli to replace Pietrus (he's actually 6' 6"), we've got a hustle scrapper in Lasme who should push for a spot in camp, the only thing I'd be concerned with is a solid back-up PG, assuming Cabbage leaves. Brevin Knight was just waived, maybe we can get him...

But as far as blockbusters like Kobe -- no thanks. Only for a big man, and even then -- I don't like the proposed packages for KG. I don't want to give up Monta. Heck, I don't want to give up Wright, the way I'm feeling. If the Wolves will take any of Harrington, Foyle, Sarunas, Zarko, Kosta, SJax, Powell, POB, a future pick, and/or the $10 mils exemption some how, okay. Otherwise let him stay in Minny or go to the Suns...

8. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Heh heh -- you know me too well. But honestly, I think this is the first time in a long time where I actually don't desire any trades</div>

I couldn't agree more. The trade exception becomes super valuable at the trade deadline. By then we chew up a half of a year of Foyle's contract and he'll only have a year and a half left (I know they can't be packaged together). I think it's better to go into camp like this, make no moves, then see if you can steal someone away at the deadline.

9. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

yeah I am happy to stand pat and see what our new team looks like until the deadline...

10. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

You do not have to TRADE a trade exception...which is when the restraint on packaging kicks in.

USING the exception...which is basically some Charlotte cap space passed to us in limited form,we can trade Harrington for Marion...no filler needed. The exception allows us to trade a $1 mill player for a #10 mill player,or a pick for a player up to $10 mill. We could trade a package of Harrington,POB,rights to Perovic for someone costing as much as $20 mill. The deal would not SEND them our TE,which we just used up. But as they sent out more than they took in-They'd get the difference in a new born TE.

If for instance we traded a pick to the Bobs for G Wallace S+ T,they would NOT get a TE,because they are under the cap.

11. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">REREM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You do not have to TRADE a trade exception...which is when the restraint on packaging kicks in.

USING the exception...which is basically some Charlotte cap space passed to us in limited form,we can trade Harrington for Marion...no filler needed. The exception allows us to trade a $1 mill player for a #10 mill player,or a pick for a player up to $10 mill. We could trade a package of Harrington,POB,rights to Perovic for someone costing as much as $20 mill. The deal would not SEND them our TE,which we just used up. But as they sent out more than they took in-They'd get the difference in a new born TE.

If for instance we traded a pick to the Bobs for G Wallace S+ T,they would NOT get a TE,because they are under the cap.</div>

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying REREM. So we could do:

Harrington, Wright, POB for KG......... and Wolves get cap space, too....

12. boogiescott

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ah, that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying REREM. So we could do:

Harrington, Wright, POB for KG......... and Wolves get cap space, too....</div>

and that is a more sensible offer than ellis, biedrins and the whole team...as some people have been suggesting

13. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">and that is a more sensible offer than ellis, biedrins and the whole team...as some people have been suggesting</div>

Yeah -- I mean, of course Minny wants Ellis/Beans, and of course we're willing to trade anyone except Ellis/Beans.

But Fitz made a good point yesterday -- the Celtics are out of the running with the signing of Ray Allen. The Bulls are out too. So are the Lakers, apparently. That realistically leaves Phoenix and GS.

Minny doesn't have a table full of great offers. They could actually be squeezed a bit, if they feel forced to trade KG. They wanted draft picks/prospects and cap space, and we can trump Phoenix there with our $10 mils exemption. Man that JRich trade was pretty smart...

So, if I were Mully I'd keep Ellis/Beans off the table, and tell McHale: "look, if you ever want to make a deal, let us know. Here's what we have for you: prospects in POB, Wright, Kosta, and Zarko, future picks, the $10 mils cap relief, and/or filler players like Harrington, Foyle, SJax, and Sarunas to make things work."

Take it or leave it.

14. boogiescott

Again Alley we are on the same page.

15. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So, if I were Mully I'd keep Ellis/Beans off the table, and tell McHale: "look, if you ever want to make a deal, let us know. Here's what we have for you: prospects in POB, Wright, Kosta, and Zarko, future picks, the $10 mils cap relief, and/or filler players like Harrington, Foyle, SJax, and Sarunas to make things work."

Take it or leave it.</div>I agree with that except I'd hate to see Phoenix or some other team swoop in and score KG for nothing because we totally lowballed the offer. Of course it doesn't hurt to dangle that offer out there for a while and see if they bite. You can't tell me Baron/? | Ellis/Belinelli | SJax/Barnes | KG/Harrington | Biedrins/? is not a legit playoff lineup. But it is thin. Definitely need another guard, probably Barnes, and another big man (I don't think POB is ever going to be an NBA player, Foyle flat out sucks, and we have given away Wright to get KG).

Anyway, I love that the Warriors are finally dealing from a position of strength. We have what other teams want in trades, but our team looks pretty good if we can't get one done too. Nice to not feel desperate. The only thing that scares me about standing pat is the inexperience. Wright is basically a high school kid, Belinelli has never played American-style ball, Ellis is still learning and we've lost one of our veterans in JRich. Is one season enough for these guys to come together and learn what they have to? I don't know. In Wright's case I doubt it, big men usually take longer to develop (it took Andris three years basically). Certainly that lack of playoff experience is going to hurt if we make it back there -- it was obvious the Warriors we had last year did some growing up there.

16. AlleyOop

True. I guess the only consolation is Baron and SJax. They are our veteran leaders, for better or worse! I like them as leaders -- we all saw it in the POs -- but it'd be nice to have a class act like Ray Allen or Grant Hill to balance out the chemistry and leadership.

17. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ah, that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying REREM. So we could do:

Harrington, Wright, POB for KG......... and Wolves get cap space, too....</div>

Add Jazzy....KG is $22 mill this year,though once signed Wright might get us there. Even so---I think we need KG to revoke his 1 year opt out. That he can bolt in 2 years is enough tilt to the short term view. If he's gone in 1,we get a pretty big setback.