Politics Trump plans to release classified JFK documents

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 21, 2017.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    The phrase "subject to the receipt of further information" sure sounds smartly.

3. SlyPokerDog

These files were already scheduled to be released on October 26th of this year but the Trump forum on Reddit is treating this like it is earth shattering news.

4. SlyPokerDog

5. SlyPokerDog

Hillary Clinton's birthday is the same day the JFK files are going to be released!

:MARIS61:

6. SlyPokerDog

7. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

these people need a job, lol

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...usands-jfk-files-national-archives/787056001/

The classified files were scheduled to be made public by Oct. 26, barring intervention by the president, under the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992.

"Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened," Trump tweeted.

Under the terms of the Congressional act, Trump could have blocked the release on the grounds that making the material public would harm intelligence, law enforcement, military operations or foreign relations

9. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/21/politics/trump-jfk-documents/index.html

CNN)President Donald Trump said Saturday he intends to allow the release of classified government documents about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy "subject to the receipt of further information."

Trump's tweet comes as he is staring down an October 26 deadline set in law by Congress mandating the public release of the still-secret documents -- including FBI and CIA files -- barring any action by the President to block the release of certain documents.

"Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened," Trump said, appearing to leave open the possibility that some documents could still be withheld.

A White House official told reporters Saturday: "The President believes that these documents should be made available in the interests of full transparency unless agencies provide a compelling and clear national security or law enforcement justification otherwise."

The White House said in a statement to Politico earlier this week that the White House was working "to ensure that the maximum amount of data can be released to the public" by next week's deadline.

Trump himself is no stranger to the controversies and conspiracy theories that have long swirled around the assassination of the 35th president.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump made the unfounded claim that the father of GOP rival Sen. Ted Cruz was associated with Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, a claim he has never reneged nor apologized for.

Trump's longtime political adviser Roger Stone, who helped launch Trump's campaign for president, is also an avid conspiracy theorist who wrote a book about the wild claim that President Lyndon B. Johnson, Kennedy's vice president, was involved in Kennedy's assassination.

Stone tweeted Saturday morning that he urged Trump to release the classified documents.

Republican members of Congress, including Senate judiciary committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, of Iowa, have urged Trump to allow the full release of the documents.

"No reason 2 keep hidden anymore," Grassley tweeted earlier this month. "Time 2 let American ppl + historians draw own conclusions."

Historians who have studied the assassination do not believe the documents will lead to any bombshell new conclusions in the Kennedy assassination, but the documents could shed more light on facets of the investigation and Oswald's mysterious trip to Mexico City weeks before the assassination. Some have expressed concerns that the documents could be embarrassing to Mexico and damaging to US-Mexico relations.

Trump can withhold the release of certain documents if he believes their release could pose harm to US intelligence, law enforcement, the military or US foreign relations.

"There's going to be no smoking gun in there," Gerald Posner, the author of "Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK," told CNN's Michael Smerconish. "But anybody who thinks this is going to turn the case on its head and suddenly show that there were three or four shooters at Dealey Plaza -- it's not the case."

"Oswald did it alone," Posner continued. "But what the files are doing and why they're important to come out is they fill in the history of the case and show us how the FBI and CIA repeatedly hid the evidence."

Posner said that the conspiracy theories about the CIA and mob working together to assassinate a head of state are true -- but the target was Cuban leader Fidel Castro, not Kennedy.

"They tried seven times and they couldn't even wound him. ... They couldn't get rid of Castro, but somehow these same guys who were an 'F' there pulled off the perfect crime in Dallas, and 54 years later we can find not a shred of evidence about it. I just don't buy it," he said.

Ken Hughes, a presidential researcher at the University of Virginia's Miller Center, told CNN the files could shed light on the US involvement in the attempts to assassinate Castro as well as the US-approved coup of South Vietnamese leader Ngô Đình Diệm in 1963.

"There's a lot for conventional historians -- we non-conspiracy theorists -- to look forward to," he said.

10. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

Good. I welcome this release. It's time to put this nonsense to rest so that we can move on as a nation.

But good luck trying to convince conspiracy theorists. They are utterly convinced there was some government conspiracy, and no amount of proof or transparency is going to convince them otherwise. They'll just call it "more government cover-up", or something equally stupid.

Mr Sly Dog likes this.
  11. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    The only theory that I have come close to believing was that Oswald pulled off a ridiculously lucky shot. Then one of the Secret Service was caught off guard by the fire and accidentally pulled the trigger on his rifle and blew Kennedy's head off. If you go back and read the history of the secret service it was very ill funded and ill managed for quite along time. There was a reason so many presidents were killed until recently. It wasn't just because anarchists and loons had itchy trigger fingers.

12. Jade Falcon

Well, remember: he wasn't THAT lucky. He was a Marksman in the Marines, and he shot the President with a scoped bolt-action rifle....not an M14 with open sights.

I don't think there was a mistake by the Secret Service. You'd have to be a special level of incompetent, even beyond the poor training they had back then, to have your gun pointed at the president's head with your finger on the trigger and pull it when you hear a bang and see him slump forward clutching his throat. That would be the same level of incompetence as that of a 3rd world peasant in Afghanistan firing an AK-47 in the air in celebration.

I think Oswald was just very skilled; more skilled than probably anyone gave him credit for. I believe he acted alone, and not with any kind of government-paid agenda. The guy was just crazy.

But let's see what this release shows us. Should be interesting to say the least.

13. ripcityboy

self employed
    They've had every marksman in the world at that window trying to recreate the shots at that distance. And nobody has ever pulled it off using the same weapon, caliber of bullet and within the same time frame. He may have been a good shot.... but he wasn't THAT good.

Chris Craig likes this.
  14. Jade Falcon

For the record, I can't find anything with a quick search that says anything about recreating the shot from the window in Dallas. Not saying your full of BS, but I didn't find it, that's all.

However, these guys tried it, and only a couple of them would be considered "experienced" marksmen....not experts. And not practiced with that particular rifle. Whereas there is evidence to suggest that Oswald had practice and experience with his rifle.

Let's also remember that this test does not account for the same wind conditions as were in that area of Dallas on the day of the assassination.

15. ripcityboy

self employed
    Yeah. There probably haven't been that many tests outside of the Warren Report. They aren't just going to allow someone to go shooting in Dallas in mid day. But you take into effect, the pressure, the noise, wind conditions, to knock off three shots like that he must have been a lot better than they expected.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  16. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    I have studied this extensively for a book I was writing. No way Oswald acted alone. As he said, "I'm a stooge." The thing is, it could have been The Soviets, The Mob, The Cubans, or an Inside job. All had legitimate motive and opportunity. I concluded that it was a coup-de-teat - Johnson and the CIA did it. So much evidence leading to that. And the Warren Commission was a joke.

If you ever want PROOF that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll in FRONT of the motorcade, Google the 'Zapruder Tape in Slow Motion.' It is gruesome, but you see him hit from behind, and then from the front. Clearly.

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I have also studied this extensively. I have watched Zapruder(Which like Steveson has said above, it shows the kill shot coming from the front), read every book I could find, watched every documentary. Oswald was a patsy. He was actually a poor shot barely making marksmen in 1951. It would take an expert level shooter to pull that off, and with that shitty gun, a moving target, windspeed. No way Oswald pulls that off. The Warren Commisions men couldn't do it, with the speed an accuracy that would have been required by Oswald to pull it off. For one, there were more than three shots fired, meaning he could not have possibly acted alone. The Warren commisions "magic bullet" theory is bullshit. An undamaged bullet was "found" on a gurney in the hospital and supposedly went through President Kennedy and Governor Connally twice, curving impossibly as it past through his back then somehow into his arm and yet was perfectly intact, bullshit.
    What seals it for me is Jack Ruby. He was sent to silence Oswald. If there was a trial, all would have been revealed. Ruby's story about not wanting to put Jackie through further duress with a trial is a crock...he admitted as much, he admitted to being sent to silence him. He tried to come clean while in prision, but the warren commision ignored him to hide the truth. Ruby was then given a shot of cancer cells and died soon after of cancer. Its a conspiracy to the highest reaches. Possibly VP Johnson was involved. After being sworn in on the plane he turned winked and said we did it. I have also come to the conclusion it was Johnson and the CIA.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  18. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

There is a good chance I'm changing from Mediocre Man to Ho Lee Fuk

That is amazing

19. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    There have been 4 presidents who were killed.

4 out of 45, and over 230+ years.

Haakzilla likes this.
  20. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The last two were the 25th and 35th...Trumps the 45th?