Trump, showing no evidence, calls Andrew Gillum a 'thief'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by truebluefan, Oct 30, 2018.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

In Florida there is a choice between a Harvard/Yale educated man named @RonDeSantisFL who has been a great Congressman and will be a great Governor - and a Dem who is a thief and who is Mayor of poorly run Tallahassee, said to be one of the most corrupt cities in the Country!

President Donald Trump launched what opponents decried as a racially loaded attack Monday on Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum, labeling him a "thief" without evidence and claiming that, as mayor of Tallahassee, Gillum oversees one of the country's "most corrupt cities."

The President's tweet comes just eight days before the election to decide who will lead the state: Gillum or his Republican rival, former Rep. Ron DeSantis. Early voting is already underway and Gillum, who is vying to become the state's first African-American governor, led by double digits in a recent CNN poll.

Gillum responded less than an hour after Trump's attack and, like the last time they clashed, mocked the President for not engaging him more directly.

"On Twitter there is a choice between having the courage to @ the person you are trash talking, or not," Gillum wrote. "@realDonaldTrump is howling because he's weak. Florida, go vote today."

Read more https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/29/politics/donald-trump-tweet-andrew-gillum/index.html

2. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Due time he gets a lawsuit. That along with the other 2000+ he has to attend to. I never had seen such contemptable behavior from a President. I first voted in 72. Not Nixon!

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree. I have never seen such behavior on a regular basis.