T'Wolves Buy Or Sell

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by purehoops, Sep 15, 2003.

1. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

I wanted to get the TWolves forum going, but I dont like all the survivor trends... but I really like this idea of Buy or Sell also in the Nets Forum, and of course modled after the tv show Around the Horn. First Topic...

<font color="Green"><font size="1">Kevin Garnett getting the MVP, bar the TWolves have an improved record/season. </font> </font>

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I don't think Garnett will be able to win the MVP with so much competition on his own team even.

3. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

He can. He should have been this year. I buy it, If its not Kidd its gonna be KG.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Buy

Even though the TWolves are loaded with players, KG is still the first option and the offense is run through him. Last year he established himself as a viable MVP canidate, and if he can lead the TWolves to more wins he has a great chance at MVP honors.

5. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Im buying this. KG has the potential to be the best player in the league and by some standards he is. The feat of MVP, can be obtainable by any one of several players in the West. To get MVP he needs to have a steller year much like this past one and his team needs to advance deep into the playoffs. If both of these happen, I can easily see him winning the MVP. Two things that could potentially hold him back from getting MVP this year are himself and Tim Duncan.

6. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deestillballin:</div><div class="quote_post">He can. He should have been this year. I buy it, If its not Kidd its gonna be KG.</div>

The Spurs had the best record in the NBA after the new year, and were clearly playing the best team basketball. That is why Duncan finished ahead of Garnett for the MVP.

Sell, KG still needs to step up late in games when other players are afraid to shoot. This year he has an awesome team around him, but I still think that a player like Sam Cassell would WANT be the guy that would want to shoot the ball late even before KG would. I agree the the ball must go through KG and he should touch the ball damn near every time down the court, he can get players open shots all day. Keep sharing the rock KG, but when it comes your time to dominate that part of the game, you must dominate.

This is by no means a "hate" on KG, he was my 2nd pick for MVP last season.

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Sell. He has too many options on his team now. i don't think that anyone in the west will win other than duncan, because everyone else has so much help now. KG is an amazing player and should have won the MVP last year, IMO. but i personally don't think that he will win it. tmac will win it [​IMG]

8. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I will buy this, Garnett is one of the best players in the league, he has a very good chance of becoming MVP. The many options on his team will help him average VERY good numbers.

9. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

I don't think he can, look what happened with Allen (Iverson), he had a somewhat better presence in Keith and his scoring average went low, which is a major factor in MVP voting. He has too many good players around him to get it. I would love if he did, but it's impossible in my eyes. Tracy will most likely get it, the addition of Juwan is not a lot, the guy will still have to work his ass off as he did the previous seasons.

10. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Sell...he has to many scorers on the team now, he has spree n cassell who will want their 15pts a nite, i think the mvp will go to duncan again

11. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Buy (as a top 2 canidate)

Yes he has more weapons, but this is his opprotunity to show he can lead a good squad of players ... and he WILL. I'm not sure hes going to win it, because sometimes the true winner doesnt always get it, like the 2002-03 season. :biggrin2:

Next topic...

<font color="Green"><font size="1">Wally Szczerbiak accepting a role as the 3rd, maybe even 4th option on the team.</font></font>

12. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

sell he wants the ball, i dxont see him there midway through the season

13. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Sell, he needs the ball or he will complain, and you know what Flip does with complainers(Loren Woods)

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Sell, Wally thinks he is an All Star still, he has even been quoted saying he thinks he is better than KG. Surely he is better than Cassell and Sprewell [​IMG]

I'm surprised we have not seen a Wally for Artest or Al Harrington trade yet. The TWolves could use another defender since they have plenty of offensive punch now.

15. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

Buy. Wally knows he is overrated after that tragic showing he put on in the 1st round..Wally(a former all-star) had trouble with even Devean George, and Troy Hudson showed he deserved to be #2 man.

Now the Wolves had a great offseason and have KG, Spree, Cassell, Kandi, Hudson, and Wally. Wally may have to agree to a role as the 4th or 5th offensive man. And I think Saunders will try to explain to him that for the sake of the team, he must sacrifice, or else...will the egos get in the way?!

16. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Buy- He wont have a choice. KG is the first option, Cassell will likely be the 2nd, Wally the 3rd, and Sprewell will be the 4th IMO.

Wally will either accpet it, or find himself next to Saunders on the bench. And what are the odds Wally wants benched?

17. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Buy- He wont have a choice. KG is the first option, Cassell will likely be the 2nd, Wally the 3rd, and Sprewell will be the 4th IMO.
    </div>

If the Wolves place Wally at the 3rd option over Spree, they have major problems..

18. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Cassell will likely be the 2nd</div>

If Cassell is the 2nd option then Wally will certianly lose several shot... Cassell has to be the Terrell Brandon of Wally's All-Star season for Wally to appear as an all star... meaning that Cassell will have to create shots for him.

19. Aaron

Aaron JBB JustBBall Member

Sell Wally will be the bait to strengthen up there bench with him around the trade deadline. If Wally is our 3rd or 4th option and he accepts the role the Twolves will average 110 points a game this season.

20. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

sell, i think also that he will be traded to a team that needs another scorer. i don't think that he will have impressive stats though.