"Tyrus Thomas Should be #1" -- Larry Brown

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

"Tyrus Thomas Should be #1" -- Larry Brown

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">March 24, 2006 -- The Knicks traded their own lottery pick, which could be No. 1 overall. However, if the season ended today, they still would have the 24th and 29th selections in the NBA Draft.

Larry Brown has hinted he could foresee the Knicks packaging Denver's and San Antonio's first-rounders with an expiring contract (Maurice Taylor) to move up.

With the lottery weak, teams might want to fall back to get an extra pick. One mid-lottery selection the Knicks have interest in is LSU's 6-9 athletic shot-blocking forward Tyrus Thomas, who faced Duke last night in the Sweet 16.

In fact, Brown has told confidants he thinks Thomas should be considered for the No. 1 pick, though most scouts see the freshman as mid-to-late-lottery choice. Brown is on record saying he'd rather have Eddy Curry than either of the top players mentioned for No. 1, Adam Morrison or J.J. Redick. </div>

Source

2. KICKSDADDY613

KICKSDADDY613 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with him on Tyrus possibly being #1, however, I don't know a scouting service or internet site Mock who'd have in in the mid to late lottery. If he jumps ship, he's going Top 5. The last comment kills me though.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Brown is on record saying he'd rather have Eddy Curry than either of the top players mentioned for No. 1, Adam Morrison or J.J. Redick. </div>

Might be why they suck ass so much this season! I don't like Redick, however, $68 mil for a guy who is overweight with a bad heart known throughout the league for being lazy? Hmmmmm. Ok Larry. And Curry over Morrison. Maybe it's time to get out of the game for good while you can.

3. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Brown also said that if he had the number one pick in the 2002 draft that he would pick JARED JEFFRIES over the likes of Yao, Nene, Caron Butler, Fred Jones, and Amare. Enough said.

4. bravest

bravest BBW Member

Was that just recently, C.K., or prior to the 2002 NBA Draft? (I'm assuming it was before because that'd be completely... stupid... if he said that this year. Either way, I don't think you can fault a man for making a guess or stating his opinion as to who he'd prefer.)

5. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bravest:</div><div class="quote_post">Was that just recently, C.K., or prior to the 2002 NBA Draft? (I'm assuming it was before because that'd be completely... stupid... if he said that this year. Either way, I don't think you can fault a man for making a guess or stating his opinion as to who he'd prefer.)</div>

He said that prior to the 2002 NBA draft but regardless, Jared Jeffries was expected to go in the middle of the first round, even with the good tournament he had that year.

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Don't forget Larry took Darko over Melo, Wade, Bosh.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GatorsowntheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't forget Larry took Darko over Melo, Wade, Bosh.</div>

Not true. The Pistons head of International Scouting pushed for Darko over all those players.

Larry Brown didn't have much say in the player movement in Detroit, which is the main reason he quit. He wanted Joe Dumars job, but when he realized he was never going to get it he started flirting with the Knicks.

I'm sure Larry Brown doesn't believe his statement about Curry. One thing with Larry, you never know what the truth is and what is just a flat out lie.

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I say let the man indulge his fantasies. Its the only compensation he'll get for that lost lottery pick this year.

9. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

I believe Brown became the coach of the Detroit Pistons after they selected Darko because everyone in Detroit was already talkinb about how he could be their future cornerstone and in an article Rick Charlie says he's going to pick Darko before the draft with number two pick. He ended up doing that but larry brown became avaliable and he was fired. Then brown came in and didn't want any part of the european. Larry Brown is a downright idiot. Why would you want Tyrus Thomas over Lamarcus Aldridrge who is a future corner stone great composure nice offensive skills while Thomas is a jump man stromile swift who knows how to dunk, block, rebound and mid ranged jumper but he could be a kenyon.

10. KICKSDADDY613

KICKSDADDY613 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Thomas is a jump man stromile swift who knows how to dunk, block, rebound and mid ranged jumper but he </div>

Not saying I would personally take Tomas over Aldridge (although did you catch the 4 point game LaMarcus just laid out aganist the 21-13-5 game Thomas had) however, Thomas has a whole lot over Swift. It's called heart, desire, and work ethic. Something Swift never had. Thomas, (barring injury) will be better than Kenyon Martin.