U lost out on the Kobe sweepstakes, details here to enter the Vince sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by deception, Jul 19, 2004.

1. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

Toronto trades:
    Vince + Donyell Marshall+ Milt Palacio for =

Memphis trades:
    Gasol+ Bonzi+James Posey+Earl Watson

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">Toronto trades:
    Vince + Donyell Marshall+ Milt Palacio for =

Memphis trades:
    Gasol+ Bonzi+James Posey+Earl Watson</div>

<font size="7">No thank you!</font>

I'm not even sure if I'd do Gasol for Vince Carter straight up. If you tell me why you think this would be a good trade, I'll be more than happy to tell you why it wouldn't be.

3. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post"><font size="7">No thank you!</font>

I'm not even sure if I'd do Gasol for Vince Carter straight up. If you tell me why you think this would be a good trade, I'll be more than happy to tell you why it wouldn't be.</div>

yeah i wouldn't do the trade from the memphis standpoint either. if u go to the raptor forums, most raptors fans have overrated vince's value so i posted here on a neutral forum to prove a point, point being vince has no value.

4. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah i wouldn't do the trade from the memphis standpoint either. if u go to the raptor forums, most raptors fans have overrated vince's value so i posted here on a neutral forum to prove a point, point being vince has no value.</div>

Ah, ok. I feel like Vince has plenty of value. He's not going to get you Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Kidd <font size="1">(well maybe him since he's on the block)</font>, or McGrady. However, I still think the Raptors can get a B level all-star for him. The only reason I don't like the trade from a Memphis standpoint is because Vince wouldn't fit in on our team, and we'd be giving up too much depth in return. Talent wise, the trade is less lopsided.

5. typemilitant

typemilitant JBB JustBBall Member

No way..

I hope for 'Air Canada' to be 'Air Apple'..?

(Referring to VC going to NY)

6. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Ah, ok. I feel like Vince has plenty of value. He's not going to get you Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Kidd <font size="1">(well maybe him since he's on the block)</font>, or McGrady. However, I still think the Raptors can get a B level all-star for him. The only reason I don't like the trade from a Memphis standpoint is because Vince wouldn't fit in on our team, and we'd be giving up too much depth in return. Talent wise, the trade is less lopsided.</div>

have u heard the rumors? they are offering the raps dikembe, shandon anderson and josh howard for vince.

the strength of your team is depth and depth alone which makes u guys a great defensive team something like the pistons with less depth up front.

7. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">have u heard the rumors? they are offering the raps dikembe, shandon anderson and josh howard for vince.
    </div>

That's crazy. The Raptors would have to be crazy to do that. They should accept nothing less than a Ray Allen or Michael Redd in return.

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I dont think he would fit in with Memphis style, he takes too many shots..I think he would be good for tea like Seattle, but I see vince being a rap. next year

9. Ezra

Ezra JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">That's crazy. The Raptors would have to be crazy to do that. They should accept nothing less than a Ray Allen or Michael Redd in return.</div>
    Ray Allen or Michael Redd wouldn't cut it.

You can't trade an A for a B. You just can't.

Vince Carter is the most marketable player in the league, and the most popular. Michael Redd and Ray Allen don't cut it there, and I don't think I have to get into why he's a much better player than both those guys.

Iverson, yes. Kidd, maybe. Pierce, maybe. Other than that, everybody's locked down for a while.

10. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah i wouldn't do the trade from the memphis standpoint either. if u go to the raptor forums, most raptors fans have overrated vince's value so i posted here on a neutral forum to prove a point, point being vince has no value.</div>

doesn't matter where you go, if you're going to make comments like "Vince has no value", then people are going to discredit your posts.

obviously, Vince isn't going to get a superstar back, but to say he has no value is pretty ridiculous. Not only is he worth a ton to the Raptors in terms of what he brings in but he's also worth a ton to the league; he has one of the most recognizable names of any basketball player around the world.

11. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Eclipse:</div><div class="quote_post">doesn't matter where you go, if you're going to make comments like "Vince has no value", then people are going to discredit your posts.

obviously, Vince isn't going to get a superstar back, but to say he has no value is pretty ridiculous. Not only is he worth a ton to the Raptors in terms of what he brings in but he's also worth a ton to the league; he has one of the most recognizable names of any basketball player around the world.</div>

YES, people give up value to be a perennial LOSER!!! thats what the raptors are quickly becoming.

12. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">YES, people give up value to be a perennial LOSER!!! thats what the raptors are quickly becoming.</div>

Well, according to your theory - Tracy McGrady doesn't have any value at all either, considering the Magic had the worst record in basketball last season and have yet to win a playoff series since Shaq was there.

Good theory [​IMG]

13. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Eclipse:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, according to your theory - Tracy McGrady doesn't have any value at all either, considering the Magic had the worst record in basketball last season and have yet to win a playoff series since Shaq was there.

Good theory [​IMG]</div>

u obviously have no post secondary education. don't apply statements i make about individual players generally. many would argue vince has a much better supporting cast. the magic invested most of their cap on two superstars, unfortunately for them one of the superstars became a permanent fixture on the ir.

14. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">u obviously have no post secondary education. </div>

ohh really? I'm in University getting my degree in Computer Science....does that qualify? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">many would argue vince has a much better supporting cast. the magic invested most of their cap on two superstars, unfortunately for them one of the superstars became a permanent fixture on the ir.</div>

before this year, who was this supporting cast you are talking about? Maybe you mean Antonio Davis (who went downhill a long time ago), or Eric Montross (who started alot of our games two seasons ago at center), or all those players we signed to 10 day contract, who we got off waivers or development leagues.

15. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Eclipse:</div><div class="quote_post">ohh really? I'm in University getting my degree in Computer Science....does that qualify? [​IMG]

before this year, who was this supporting cast you are talking about? Maybe you mean Antonio Davis (who went downhill a long time ago), or Eric Montross (who started alot of our games two seasons ago at center), or all those players we signed to 10 day contract, who we got off waivers or development leagues.</div>

yeah they are really relaxing the enrollment criteria. i shouldn't be surprised, universities are a profit seeking institution..

well ad before this year was one of the top pf?s behind j.oneill especially in that brief playoff run without vince 3 years ago where i felt ad should have been considered a mvp candidate cause he was so dominating. the raptors have had lots of talent; keon, jyd, chris childs, alvin (when healthy), dell curry, mo pete aren't bad.

16. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah they are really relaxing the enrollment criteria. i shouldn't be surprised, universities are a profit seeking institution..

well ad before this year was one of the top pf?s behind j.oneill especially in that brief playoff run without vince 3 years ago where i felt ad should have been considered a mvp candidate cause he was so dominating. the raptors have had lots of talent; keon, jyd, chris childs, alvin (when healthy), dell curry, mo pete aren't bad.</div>

thanks for giving me a good laugh [​IMG]

AD one of the top pfs behind J. O'Neal? (learn how to spell his name BTW) Some advice: they don't give the playoff MVP to a player belonging to a team that doesn't even make it through the first round. In case you meant season MVP, I won't even dignify that with a response. AD as the MVP of the league would be the worst MVP in the history of the NBA.

Basically you have shown to me that you know little to nothing about basketball. It's really difficult for me to respect your opinion when you think that AD was an MVP candidate at any point of his career. Decent player, yes, MVP, hell NO!

About my education: it's funny that you make fun of University, don't be jealous just because they didn't accept you [​IMG]

17. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Eclipse:</div><div class="quote_post">thanks for giving me a good laugh [​IMG]

AD one of the top pfs behind J. O'Neal? (learn how to spell his name BTW) Some advice: they don't give the playoff MVP to a player belonging to a team that doesn't even make it through the first round. In case you meant season MVP, I won't even dignify that with a response. AD as the MVP of the league would be the worst MVP in the history of the NBA.

Basically you have shown to me that you know little to nothing about basketball. It's really difficult for me to respect your opinion when you think that AD was an MVP candidate at any point of his career. Decent player, yes, MVP, hell NO!

About my education: it's funny that you make fun of University, don't be jealous just because they didn't accept you [​IMG]</div>

i attend, but don't make any announcements about it because its no big achievement, maybe bottom feeders like yourself celebrate such stuff but not me.

and as for ad being a mvp candidate, u don't understand the meaning of the distinction. it doesn't mean u have to be a top five talent, it simply means u were most valuable to your team in its run. and that 14 game run to conclude the season to me delineated ad as the mvp of the regular season. And btw, mvp for the regular season and finals mvp are two different awards, thought u needed the clarification.

18. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">i attend, but don't make any announcements about it because its no big achievement, maybe bottom feeders like yourself celebrate such stuff but not me.

and as for ad being a mvp candidate, u don't understand the meaning of the distinction. it doesn't mean u have to be a top five talent, it simply means u were most valuable to your team in its run. and that 14 game run to conclude the season to me delineated ad as the mvp of the regular season. And btw, mvp for the regular season and finals mvp are two different awards, thought u needed the clarification.</div>

and perhaps you don't know the definition of the term mvp...it's not the player who was most valuable to their team "in its run", it's the most valuable player to their respective team during the entire season and not just a 14 game run as you mentioned. It's was called the NBA 2001-2002 MVP for a reason as to take the entire season into consideration and not just a couple of games.

2001-2002 Stats:

Tim Duncan 25.5 PPG 12.7 RPG .508 FG%
    Antonio Davis 14.5 PPG 9.6 RPG .426 FG%

yeah AD deserved the MVP, they should have a recount [​IMG]

19. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Eclipse:</div><div class="quote_post">and perhaps you don't know the definition of the term mvp...it's not the player who was most valuable to their team "in its run", it's the most valuable player to their respective team during the entire season and not just a 14 game run as you mentioned. It's was called the NBA 2001-2002 MVP for a reason as to take the entire season into consideration and not just a couple of games.

2001-2002 Stats:

Tim Duncan 25.5 PPG 12.7 RPG .508 FG%
    Antonio Davis 14.5 PPG 9.6 RPG .426 FG%

yeah AD deserved the MVP, they should have a recount [​IMG]</div>

i'm not disputing that tim duncan is a better player but u give ad tony parker, stephen jackson, david robinson, manu and i guarantee u that ad would have got past the first round. u can discredit ad's dominance that year all u want but i'm not relenting on my position that ad should have been a mvp candidate. i don't think he should have got the award, but he should have been merely considered. stat whores like yourself don?t understand context, u don?t understand that edition of the raptors was written off and ad led the resurgence. a truly inspiring experience proving that manufactured ?superstars? aren?t the GODS they are made out to be.

20. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">i'm not disputing that tim duncan is a better player but u give ad tony parker, stephen jackson, david robinson, manu and i guarantee u that ad would have got past the first round. u can discredit ad's dominance that year all u want but i'm not relenting on my position that ad should have been a mvp candidate. i don't think he should have got the award, but he should have been merely considered. stat whores like yourself don?t understand context, u don?t understand that edition of the raptors was written off and ad led the resurgence. a truly inspiring experience proving that manufactured ?superstars? aren?t the GODS they are made out to be.</div>

*sigh* please get your facts straight before making an arguement: Manu wasn't even in the league 2001-2002 season, Parker was a rookie and put up 9.2 PPG and 4.3 APG. And what did Stephen Jackson do that season? 3.9 PPG 0.5 APG 1.1 RPG

Basically this shows me again that you have little or no basketball knowledge whatsoever and really no credibilty.