UFC Fight Night 15 /TUF 8 -anyone watching

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Celtic Fan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

with so many new Blazers fans here, I was just wondering if any of you guys are MMA fans?

If so I was wondering what you thoughts are on tonights fights? What fight are you looking forward too the most?
    I'm really looking forward to the Clay Guida vs Mac Danzig fight. I want Guida to win, but Danzig trains at Xtreme Couture and is very composed and doesn't make many mistakes so i'm thinking he'll win. Guida is a ball of energy that will not stop.. but he can get caught.

The fact that the fights are free is always a big bonus. Although many ppl complaing about The Ultimate Fighter being cliche and repetitive, I still enjoy the show enough to watch every episode.

get the nachos and beers ready, it's going to be a great night of MMA :cheers:

2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

nope. not watching. my friend promotes for strikeforce and used to for K1 though so I've seen a few events live. I prefer K1 to MMA to be honest.

3. Celtic Fan

I like watching K-1 too, but what bugs me about that is when you get to the GP semi-finals and finals, it's usually the same 6-8 guys and sometimes 1-2 new guys.

and right now Schemmy Schilt appears to be unstoppable.
    Jerome LeBanner would be my current fav though.

I prefer MMA because it requires you to be able to do it all to be good where as K-1 and Boxing are limited in that there is no ground game. I'm am so over boxing.. doesn't interest me at all.

4. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

Yeah, I prefer no ground fighting....I actually watched Cung Lee's first MMA event, that was pretty sweet.

5. Celtic Fan

His recent fight with Frank Shamrock was pretty damn good. he broke Frank's forearm with a kick.

6. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I think MMA is big in Oregon. Don't they have some camp out in Gresham where Randy C. and Tanner came out of (I know I'm butchering the names but you know what I'm talking about)

MMA is a great testosterone fix for me, but only a casual observer.